Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: September 2012-February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there's any truth to the tweet?

It seems so silly to read a facial expression and say the person is spoiled. As you have so often said KittyAtlanta...apples and oranges.

You need to re-read my post. I did NOT say he WAS spoiled, I said he LOOKS spoiled...and he does look spoiled...and he probably is spoiled. I don't think I could be more clear, except to say that I don't know William, so his visage is all I've got to go on. He looks sour, to me.

Reading a post before commenting is heartily recommended.

Oh thank you KittyAtlanta for your heartfelt advice. Your opinions mean so much to me.

when we can see catherine with a tiara?

I think the appropriate answer to that, is when she's invited to attend an event which requires one.

This conversation has been debated in the jewellery thread, there are just not enough British events where a tiara is required or where Catherine is invited. We have two state visits in the next two months, which we may see the couple at.

For now, and maybe for a while, you have to revisit her wedding photos. There are upcoming state dinners for Kuwait (next month) and Indonesia (end of this month), but whether they will be tiara events (usually) and if Catherine will be there is not known. William has been kept hopping with his job and one wonders if even the stalwart Kate would handle her first TIARA EVENT on her own. You can keep track of upcoming events here:
Search future engagements
Careful using this schedule though, not all events for all royals appear with weeks of advance notice. You have to keep checking back.
https://www.facebook.com/TheBritishMonarchy also keeps track of what will and has happened for the royals.

:previous: One of my favourites as well

Last edited:
While a lovely photo, this photo and the actual event where discussed in great detail in the Queen's Jubilee Thread.

Let's try to stay on topic...with the actual CURRENT events of William and Catherine.

Do we know if William and Kate, either together or separately, will be taking part in any of the various events around Remembrance Day/Remembrance Sunday? I know both of them will be at the Cenetoph, w/William laying a wreath and Kate on the balcony w/the other Royal Ladies other than Anne, but will there be any other occasions or events they'll also be taking part in?

Tiggersk8, I really don't know. The Cambridges have yet to attend The Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall.

I know, but considering it's now Kate's second Remembrance Day/Remembrance Sunday as a Royal and her role is starting to expand a bit, was just wondering if we'd see a bit more of her this coming year. I'm sure this year will be more poignant for the Cambridges and the other younger Royals w/Prince Harry serving in Afghanistan.

Which was another reason I was wondering. W/Harry serving, I'm sure it makes the events of Remembrance Week/Remembrance Day/Remembrance Sunday a bit more "real" for lack of a better term to the Cambridges and the younger Royals.

I don't think Henry serving in Afghanistan makes it real for just the younger royals, in fact I expect it affects his father and grandparents even harder. I am unable to check the engagements website but it does go into the month of November with Poppy event listed.

Charles and Camilla will be on their Aus/NZ tour during Remembrance day. A couple of years ago when Charles was in Canada, Harry laid the POW's wreath for his dad before William laid his own. With Harry in Afghanstan, it is interesting to see if William lays his father's wreath instead of his own or does Kate represent her father in law?

Skippyboo said:
Charles and Camilla will be on their Aus/NZ tour during Remembrance day. A couple of years ago when Charles was in Canada, Harry laid the POW's wreath for his dad before William laid his own. With Harry in Afghanstan, it is interesting to see if William lays his father's wreath instead of his own or does Kate represent her father in law?

Maybe William lays Charles' wreath and Kate lays William's

If Harry laid his father's wreath a couple of years ago (as well as his own), I imagine he will do the same again this year too.

If Harry laid his father's wreath a couple of years ago (as well as his own), I imagine he will do the same again this year too.
That'd be a bit tricky since Harry is in Afghanistan right now. ;)

I'm thinking Harry will lay a wreath but in Afghanistan. I think there is a Remebrance Service at the Afghanistan base.

Since Charles & Camilla will be abroad during Remembrance Sunday, I wonder if the Cambridges will attend The Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking Harry will lay a wreath but in Afghanistan. I think there is a Remebrance Service at the Afghanistan base.

Oh that certainly would be a poignant thing for Harry to do. I think it would be far more meaningful for Harry to do this in Afghanistan than in a Remembrance service in the UK. He is after all one of the guys in Afghanistan and has probably known friends that have fought and died there as so many of his comrades in arms have.

Since Charles & Camilla will be abroad during Remembrance Sunday, I wonder if the Cambridges will attend The Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance?
I hope they will

That'd be a bit tricky since Harry is in Afghanistan right now. ;)

Oh dear it's my age, I can't keep up with it all! Well with these notable absences it'll be a poor show at the Cenotaph this year.

:previous:

Maybe it will be a chance for the Yorks to shine? Personally, I'd love to see Beatrice and Eugenie at such an important and poignant ceremony.

Beatrice did attend, IIRC during the first years of Sophie being a Royal and IIRC again, she also almost fainted on the Balcony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom