The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 07:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think its great that Will and Kate were able to go out and just chill out after such a hectic and emotional (for Will) day.

Kate didn't miss a step on her engagements once again and it was so heartwarming to read about Terry. I can just picture it years from now when Kate is Queen Consort. Terry will have the picture to prove that yes... he DID hug the Queen. ::
Yep agree!

Old 10-11-2012, 07:26 AM
Courtier

I'm totally in love with the outfit she wore at the evening party... really elegant

Old 10-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
I'm totally in love with the outfit she wore at the evening party... really elegant
It is elegant!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Courtier

Kate looks lovely. A VERY elegant look indeed!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
They look very solemn indeed, to me they just look like two people who happened to walk out at the same time.
They look like a couple fed up with being papped on a private night out

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe

And I can understand gheir sentiments. The gutter press doesn't like the concept of limits and privacy which will not earn them any favors from this couple.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Majesty

Spletnik.ru --- Duke and Duchess of Cambridge did some nightclubbing
Old 10-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Courtier

I'd love to know what Kate will be doing tonight
Old 10-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Then they need to get over it. I can understand not looking happy because it was a tough day for William, but they're going to be papped everywhere and they were outside of a club on their way home, it's not it's private property (but then again)
Old 10-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
I'd love to know what Kate will be doing tonight
Maybe a book party for Pippa? It must be pretty important to miss the Women's event with William that she attended last year. Hope we hear something!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
Maybe a book party for Pippa? It must be pretty important to miss the Women's event with William that she attended last year. Hope we hear something!
I thought that was tonight, the Women's event William is attending solo.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
I thought it could be Pippa's book party but heard that it is on 25 October

I hope we hear somthing too
Old 10-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think it could be for Pippa; wouldn't all the Middletons be present for that?
Old 10-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't think it could be for Pippa; wouldn't all the Middletons be present for that?
I'm sure they will

I wonder about uncle Gary.. if he will be present or no
Old 10-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Then they need to get over it. I can understand not looking happy because it was a tough day for William, but they're going to be papped everywhere and they were outside of a club on their way home, it's not it's private property (but then again)
They may be used to it, but they are under no obligation to smile for the paps when the paps interrupt a private night out.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Oh bull. If you had cameras in your face every time you set foot outside, you'd get weary of it too. I think it's their own way of giving the middle finger to the paps...we're not going to give you so much as a smirk. Good on William and Kate, I say. If I want smiles, I'll look at the legit photos.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by COESpiral

Oh bull. If you had cameras in your face every time you set foot outside, you'd get weary of it too. I think it's their own way of giving the middle finger to the paps...we're not going to give you so much as a smirk. Good on William and Kate, I say. If I want smiles, I'll look at the legit photos.
Exactly what are legit photos these days? Don't make me laugh. Catherine and William are in the paps eyes 24/7, suck it up. If HM can smile after 60 years these two can after doing barely nothing. If Catherine can go topless for the world to see, she can actually look like she's enjoying herself once in a while.

The British press has no involvement with the closer scandal, I don't see why they deserve the middle finger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine

They may be used to it, but they are under no obligation to smile for the paps when the paps interrupt a private night out.
How did they interrupt a night out? Do you have nights out on pavements getting into cars? It's public property. The Queen gets snapped boarding a train, Catherine and William actually going out is news.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
If HM can smile after 60 years these two can after doing barely nothing. If Catherine can go topless for the world to see, she can actually look like she's enjoying herself once in a while.

The British press has no involvement with the closer scandal, I don't see why they deserve the middle finger.

How did they interrupt a night out? Do you have nights out on pavements getting into cars? It's public property. The Queen gets snapped boarding a train, Catherine and William actually going out is news.
I see a lot of photos of the queen observing rather than smiling (think the Ireland trip this year for starters).

I missed the middle finger... (where?)

Remember William pointedly telling the photogs on the Asia trip - "Since you asked so nicely..." meaning they would give more photo time. I don't think Wills and Catherine were asked nicely here. Rather they were probably screamed at while they were off duty and so the paps can just get these kinds of photos. Why give them one that will pay more - it only encourages the behavior.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

They didn't actually give anyone the middle finger. The poster in question apparently believes that not smiling and encouraging the paparazzi is equivalent to that.

Edit: I also just need to say that I find the comment about Kate "going topless for all the world to see" very offensive and uncalled for.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Exactly what are legit photos these days? Don't make me laugh...I don't see why they deserve the middle finger...
I think that your entitled to your opinion but your use of language is unnecessary. Everyone on this forum is entitled to courtesy as well as having their say.

The Duchess spent the last 3 days doing her duty and smiled all the way through it. Some down time is allowed and this was the case. I agree with NGalitzine that they don't have to pander when off duty.

They are still part time. You may not agree with it but if HMQ is happy then that's fine with me.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Closed Thread