The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 07:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
All that resting must have taken it's toll, she needs a holiday.
I took a holiday when I was 4 months into the pregnancy - my due date was at the beginning of July, so it was around the same time of year than it is now. And I'm glad I had that time! For the pregnancy was difficult, my son came 1 month early, I had mastitis and he was sickly through his first year... in hindsight it was the best descision I ever made!

And if Catherine feels up to travelling, she should do so and gather strength on holiday. And should not worry about people who are simply envious as if their negative feelings would change a thing except hurting the envious person herself.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:27 AM
Courtier

If it's true Kate had a 9 hours flight from London to Barbados and then a 16 min flight to St Lucia Mustique.

She must be feeling better. It's such a long flight!

Old 02-05-2013, 08:35 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

William and Kate: The Duke and his pregnant Duchess 'on holiday' in Caribbean isle of Mustique. - helloonline.com
Old 02-05-2013, 08:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

This is priceless! Most amusing.
Thanks for the link Marika86. :)
Old 02-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Courtier

Royal Forum Morons@RoyalForumMoron
CONFIRMED SIGHTING ON MUSTIQUE. RFM HAS CONFIRMATION.

Victoria Murphy@QueenVicMirror
Getting more confirmation from different places that William and Kate are indeed in Mustique. KP refuse to comment

They are in Mustique
Old 02-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Majesty

I think it's great that they are able to get away for a while. Most likely it's okay for her to fly while pregnant. Charles & Diana did the samething while they were expecting William in the 80's. It's their usual time for taking a vacation.

The Duchess of Cambridge have some official engagements on the 19th.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Staff member has confirmed seeing Prince William and Pippa Middleton on the island.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Is it true that there are paps swimming furiously across the Atlantic for the Bikini Bump Money Shot Extraordinaire?

I just can't wait for the photos of Kate placed side by side with the 20 year old photos of Diana, same stage of pregnancy, in her bikini.

If they had been smart, they should have just released photos of Kate in a bikini to the public (it's now going to happen anyway), and perhaps the paps would not follow them Pied Piper style.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Courtier

I am still surprised they are going. Anyway back to duties on 19th so to sneak in some sun.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Royal Highness

Not sure Catherine will unbathe in a bikini at this holiday.... But maybe they just wait till all tabloids have reported they are in Mustique and get crazy for wanting bikini shots and then sell their own bikini pics for charity.... Now that would be a great way to auction something wanted off for charity...
Old 02-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Nobility

In today's terminology, this is known as a babymoon (althought I'm not all that fond of the term). Babymoon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I actually think it's a good idea, especially as there are indications that they plan to be full-time royals soon - which is not a life I would wish on anyone, so more power to them.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Is it true that there are paps swimming furiously across the Atlantic for the Bikini Bump Money Shot Extraordinaire?

I just can't wait for the photos of Kate placed side by side with the 20 year old photos of Diana, same stage of pregnancy, in her bikini.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I took a holiday when I was 4 months into the pregnancy - my due date was at the beginning of July, so it was around the same time of year than it is now. And I'm glad I had that time! For the pregnancy was difficult, my son came 1 month early, I had mastitis and he was sickly through his first year... in hindsight it was the best descision I ever made!

And if Catherine feels up to travelling, she should do so and gather strength on holiday. And should not worry about people who are simply envious as if their negative feelings would change a thing except hurting the envious person herself.
I'm not envious at all, I'm off to the sun myself next week but I've actually earned my break.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:29 AM
Gentry

From what we know, they also went there with the Middletons around the same time last year. Seems like this is fast becoming a yearly "Middleton tradition". Maybe in the future, they will bring their child(ren) along for annual holidays, complete with photocalls, like what many other royal families do.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I'm not envious at all, I'm off to the sun myself next week but I've actually earned my break.
I think William has earned his break too - he reportedly has been flying many, many hours recently.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Since when does someone have to earn a holiday? If I could afford it, I'd take a holiday whenever I darn well pleased, public/my boss's opinion be damned.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Majesty

The Cambridges have earned their break too.

I think William & Catherine will continue to take vacations every year (or when they can) and with their children. It's something William is pretty much used to because Charles & Diana took the boys on vacations on a regular bases. Now the family is bigger.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Since when does someone have to earn a holiday? If I could afford it, I'd take a holiday whenever I darn well pleased, public/my boss's opinion be damned.
Very true, Duchess of Durham, lol. If i've got the money, i'm going.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Courtier

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge jet off to 19k-a-week Caribbean villa on last holiday before Kate's baby arrives | Mail Online
Old 02-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well, if this is true then fair enough. They can afford it, but it obviously means she is well enough to do work now.