The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanRoyal View Post

Taking the long term view, however, I hope William and Kate alternate Christmases with the BRF and the Middletons.
Like other married couples do.
Princess Martha Louise of Norway spends Christmas this year with her parents-in-law and no one in Norway is outraged.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't know if Sarah still spends time on the Sandringham estate at a cottage during Christmas but I have read about it.

I'm guessing that Beatrice & Eugenie do celebrate the holidays with their mother. Either before they depart for Sandringham or after their time at Sandringham. It would be sad if they didn't spend Christmas with their mother at all.

Wood Farm cottage on the Sandringham Estate I think Sarah was known to use. It's said that Wood Farm is where divorced spouses are put up to be near their children during the holidays-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood_Farm

Old 12-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

I just hope the media do what the palace has kindly asked them to do, respect the the Cambridges and Middleton family privacy over the holidays.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
It has already been speculated that the queen might leave Sandringham to William and Catherine and that Charles will keep Highgrove - so we might see the day when the Xmas party at Sandringham is hosted by W&C. So it isn't such a big deal to miss out for this year, while it is the last time Catherine will be able to spend Xmas as she was used to, as her parents move house o and then she will be a guest in their new house for this will never be her real home like the old house was.
I doubt the Queen would leave Sandringham to William as that would result in rather large inheritance taxes. Only monarch to monarch inheritances escape death duties/inheritance taxes. Also Highgrove is not Charles's private property. It belongs to the Duchy of Cornwall and Charles will cease to be the Duke of Cornwall the moment HM takes her last breath and William will automatically become the Duke of Cornwall at the same moment.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Like other married couples do.
Princess Martha Louise of Norway spends Christmas this year with her parents-in-law and no one in Norway is outraged.
The Prince of Orange and Princess Maxima spent christmas together with their children in Argentina with Maxima's family since three years.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Courtier

Like most here, I am a big fan of the Cambridges and I don't question a lot of what they do as many treat William like an heir rather his rightful role, heir to the heir. However, I'm not sure this was the best decision, forgoing Christmas at Sandringham. As has been mentioned before, other members of the immediate royal family, Sophie, the York girls, have had to do Christmas at Sandringham. Perhaps they did not ask to spend Christmas with the Rhys-Jones's or the Duchess of York. If they have and been denied, I can see resentment towards the Cambridges over this. I hope I am wrong.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Courtier

My guess is her health is still touchy.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez View Post
Does anyone know if the Middletons are at their new more private house?

According to this article they won't move til next year.....

Kate Middleton: Pregnant Duchess of Cambridge appears in public at sports awards - National British Royal Family | Examiner.com
Old 12-22-2012, 06:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Like most here, I am a big fan of the Cambridges and I don't question a lot of what they do as many treat William like an heir rather his rightful role, heir to the heir. However, I'm not sure this was the best decision, forgoing Christmas at Sandringham. As has been mentioned before, other members of the immediate royal family, Sophie, the York girls, have had to do Christmas at Sandringham. Perhaps they did not ask to spend Christmas with the Rhys-Jones's or the Duchess of York. If they have and been denied, I can see resentment towards the Cambridges over this. I hope I am wrong.
I think William is being very consistent with this though. If reports are accurate, William has stated from day one that he is doing things differently from the past and Catherine's family is not being pushed to the side for any reason.

Another thing to factor in is, William unlike his cousins or uncles is going to be King and he carries a little more clout (IMO at least) than say Bea or Eug

William strikes me as being a rather assertive chap and contrary to the tabloids is in no way a pushover.

IMO, this is the new normal in the BRF and I think it helps set the tone for other younger members such as Bea and Eug, who on their own would not be able to set the example William is doing here.

We may find the Queen giving the Yorks more room to do their own thing.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:35 PM
Courtier

I hope it's not the new normal. I don't like the idea of senior members of The Royal Famiy skipping Christmas!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Serene Highness

Not skipping, just celebrating in a different way. The Queen may reign another 10 years. There are changes coming.

Can anyone imagine Harry not spending some Christmases with his future wife's family?
Old 12-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
By contrast, this article states that the Middletons are in their new home. They were photographed leaving their home when Kate was hospitalized. Somebody must know which it is, but I do not entirely trust the Daily Mail for accuracy either.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ving-baby.html

ETA: I chuckle every time they reference the supposed selling price of the home.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Courtier

I'm happy she's spending Christmas with her family. she deservs it. it's fair :)
Old 12-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Courtier

Niraj Tanna@IkonPictures
I'm hearing that extended members of Michael Middleton's family will be in Bucklebury over the Christmas period. #Christmas #lasttweet #2012

wonder if Gary Goldsmith will join them with his wife and daughter?
Old 12-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Niraj Tanna@IkonPictures
I'm hearing that extended members of Michael Middleton's family will be in Bucklebury over the Christmas period. #Christmas #lasttweet #2012
I wonder if the "black sheep" uncle will be there.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Niraj Tanna@IkonPictures
Well that's even more of a reason imo to spend this Christmas in Bucklebury.

Just wait 'til next Christmas, there will be a baby in the big house at Sandringham!!

Edit: Well if not the big house, then in the couples cottage haha
Old 12-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't see anything wrong with the Cambridges going to Bucklebury this year.

After all, the Queen could have compromised by having the RF celebration at Windsor Castle instead of Sandringham, if she was really determined to have the entire family together.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Courtier

Gary Goldsmith is a Middleton now?
Old 12-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Gary Goldsmith is a Middleton now?
No but he is Carole's brother and he has a family too (a wife and a 10 years old daughter). they went to the Royal Wedding, so probably they will join the Middleton family at their home
Old 12-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
No but he is Carole's brother and he has a family too (a wife and a 10 years old daughter). they went to the Royal Wedding, so probably they will join the Middleton family at their home
The tweet said Michael Middleton's will/might be coming, so I don't see why Gary was brought up

Closed Thread