The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
I don't want to get this thread off-track but its a not matter of Catherine needing her parents there on Christmas Day. That's the tabloid spin. Daily Mail headline "Poor Catherine can't be alone on X-mas day", give me a break.

The only issue is her morning sickness. If she's vomiting none stop, what's the point of being at Sandringham?

If Catherine is feeling okay, then her and William will go to Sandringham, its really that simple.
Well, it might not be that simple. Since her hospitalization, Kate has been out in public for 45 minutes; at a private lunch for staff; and to a family lunch. So I tend to think she is neither "vomiting non-stop" or "feeling okay" - but rather she alternates between the two extremes. That is, at times, she may be sick and other times she might be feeling okay.

In any event, if she was vacillating between the two options - Christmas with her parents or Christmas at Sandringham - the issuance of an invitation to her parents by the Queen would solve the dilemma.

As to the tabloids insinuations - so what? There may be an element of truth in it as by all accounts the Middletons are a close family. We have already seen the Middletons included much more in the Royal family inner circle than the Spencers ever were. And in my opinion, that's all to the good.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
It is quite possible that the entire Middleton clan would be residing with William and Kate at their cottage on the Sandringham estate. Basically that would save a heck of a lot of traveling back and forth and Kate basically would be staying put for the entire holiday. Other than spending time at the Big House for the Queen's family only events, Wills and Kate can spend time with both sets of parents and perhaps even the Middletons be included in Boxing Day celebrations even like Sophie's father is.

I really do think that HM is the type of person that would go out of her way to ensure that things are as easy as possible for Kate during the rough times she been having with the pregnancy and trying to find a best possible solution.
Just reading your post now Osipi and I think you have hit the nail right on the head.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Courtier

maybe tomorrow we will have news
Old 12-22-2012, 04:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanRoyal View Post
Since her hospitalization, Kate has been out in public for 45 minutes; at a private lunch for staff; and to a family lunch. So I tend to think she is neither "vomiting non-stop" or "feeling okay" - but rather she alternates between the two extremes. That is, at times, she may be sick and other times she might be feeling okay.
Whilst I agree with your assessment, Catherine has done a public engagement since her hospitalisation. She presented two awards at the Sports Personality of The Year event last sunday.

Yes if you're vomitting non stop you should probably be with your mum, but there is the matter of being alone on Christmas Day. Nobody wants that, and the Royals on their own are probably going to be a bit of a scary task. If William's at work, I think she'll go to Berkshire.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Christmas Day will be spent with The Middleton Family. Both Duke and Duchess won't be at Sandringham. Statement comes from SJP, with approval from HM.

I'm disappointed.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:15 AM
Nobility

Kate Middleton and Prince William to spend Christmas with Middleton family | Mail Online

Apparently it's decided they will go to Bucklebury
Old 12-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Christmas Day will be spent with The Middleton Family. Both Duke and Duchess won't be at Sandringham. Statement comes from SJP, with approval from HM.

I'm disappointed.
I don't see why you should be disappointed. Last Christmas was spent at Sandringham and this year they will spend it with Kate's family. Seems perfectly reasonable to me, especially if Kate is still feeling unwell. Then next year they will be back at Sandringham for baby's first Christmas.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

I'm disappointed.
I have to admit I'm disappointed too, but I will also admit that, at least in my case, it's for selfish reasons.

Taking the long term view, however, I hope William and Kate alternate Christmases with the BRF and the Middletons.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanRoyal View Post

I have to admit I'm disappointed too, but I will also admit that, at least in my case, it's for selfish reasons.

Taking the long term view, however, I hope William and Kate alternate Christmases with the BRF and the Middletons.
Mine are selfish reasons aswell, however I hope the alternate especially when William is King.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:52 AM
Royal Highness

It has already been speculated that the queen might leave Sandringham to William and Catherine and that Charles will keep Highgrove - so we might see the day when the Xmas party at Sandringham is hosted by W&C. So it isn't such a big deal to miss out for this year, while it is the last time Catherine will be able to spend Xmas as she was used to, as her parents move house o and then she will be a guest in their new house for this will never be her real home like the old house was.

I don't think the queen minds that much as Royal and noble ladies traditionally retire from the formal parts of their family life as soon as the pregnancy demands it or the baby bump became visible - while the last point is not longer important, it still is custom to take good care of the future mother of an heir - especially of the throne. And the queen is likely to be very well informed about the difficulties the young duchess faces at the moment and will do she can to make sure Catherine feels comfortable.

Diana, when she threw herself down the stairs or fell (can't remember what it was, really, saw immediately how shocked the family was and I believe this was genuine concern for both her and the baby, even though Diana a) used it and b) seem to have felt badly about it.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Serene Highness

Turn about is fair play. Even if Catherine wasn't suffering from HG, I don't have an issue with the decision.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Nobility

I would go so far to speculate that the Queen may have issued an invitation to Michael and Carole Middleton to have Christmas at Sandringham, but think it is likely that she may have included a sentence to the effect that she would understand if the Middletons would not be able to accept (otherwise, it might have sounded as if it were more of a 'command' than an 'invitation').

This speculation would fit in with reports circulating that the Queen had issued an invitation to Michael and Carole Middleton to spend Christmas at Sandringham, as well as the subsequent statement that the Queen and Prince Philip "approve" of Kate and William spending Christmas with the Middletons.

I think the stage is now set for William and Kate to spend alternate years with each side of the family. Of course we will have to wait until Christmas 2014 to find out for sure, but if it turns out that alternate Christmases are spent with the Middleton and the Royal families, it will definitely be for the best.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Nobility

If Kate is allowed to spend Christmas with her family once every 2 years, then The York girl should be allowed to spend it with Sarah or at least to invite her for Christmas every once in a while at Sandringham!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

I would've liked to see the Cambridges go to church with the royal family but as I said before, William & Catherine are just doing what a lot of other couples do, split their time with each other families. It's a perfectly normal thing to do.

I'm sure the Cambridges will go to a Christmas church service with the Middleton family this time and just have a good time. I'm sure Carole, Pippa and Catherine will have a nice party theme going on. I know they are excited the baby is on the way.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalCouturier View Post
If Kate is allowed to spend Christmas with her family once every 2 years, then The York girl should be allowed to spend it with Sarah or at least to invite her for Christmas every once in a while at Sandringham!
Sarah used to stay at a cottage on the Sandringham estate during Christmas. I think she still do so, that way the girls could spend the holidays with their mother too.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Would have liked to see them on Sandringham too, but will be much more pleased if they spend Christmas on Sandringham with the baby next year. Will be kind of disappointed if they don't because I think swapping every year is a good and fair method.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Courtier

I am very happy for them and the Middletons. I sincerely hope that Bucklebury does not turn into a media circus, perhaps they will compromise with an after- church photo in exchange for relative peace.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman

Sarah used to stay at a cottage on the Sandringham estate during Christmas. I think she still do so, that way the girls could spend the holidays with their mother too.
I remember Sarah said that she found it sad that she hasn't spent Christmas with her daughters since she got divorced!
Old 12-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalCouturier

I remember Sarah said that she found it sad that she hasn't spent Christmas with her daughters since she got divorced!
If that is true now it's as much Beatrice and Eugenies fault. They aren't children, If it was important to them, they could speak with their grandmother and come up with a compromise.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Nobility

Does anyone know if the Middletons are at their new more private house?