The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
I read it here yesterday, thats its 'likely' SJP will announce today but I guess we won't know until it happens

The Queen and Prince Philip kick off their Christmas with a train ride to Sandringham | Royal | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express

"St James's Palace is likely to announce on Friday whether the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, who is less than 12 weeks pregnant and suffering recurring bouts of acute morning sickness, will join the royal party at the 20,000-acre Norfolk estate."
I think they will announce it today or tomorrow, I bet today as soon as I read something on twitter I'll post it here

Old 12-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Somewhere on this forum is a post from last year stating that WillKat would not be sending Christmas cards --- ever. I can't find it, but I know it's around.
I remember that because it was something to the effect of "they have never done so and don't intend to start now."

Old 12-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Serene Highness

In all fairness , this is only their second Christmas married, so the fact 'they have never done so' doesn't set much of a precedent.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
In all fairness , this is only their second Christmas married, so the fact 'they have never done so' doesn't set much of a precedent.

*rofl* that's a good one
Old 12-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
Quote:
The royal press pack is a bit perplexed why there's such reticence over William and Kate's Christmas plans. Security? MoD? Middleton family?
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
Quote:
Formally,palace officials have always said Sandringham is 'private' but we've always been guided on Charles, Camilla, Will and Harry's plans
Old 12-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Somewhere on this forum is a post from last year stating that WillKat would not be sending Christmas cards --- ever. I can't find it, but I know it's around.
If you look at my post #598 I have quoted last years comment.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think we will hear anything definite because Catherine's HG is touch and go. She may feel great one minute and the next is vomiting her guts up.

The tabloids want to know so they know which direction to wind up their readers. If William doesn't go to Sandringham, it will be the 'Middleton' influence and if they do attend and then Catherine gets sick and has to leave, she will be on 'death's door'

Personally, I agree with the palace, its a private Christmas and shouldn't matter what their plans are
Old 12-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Serene Highness

Christmas Cards

Perhaps the phrase which some are remembering is that they haven't released their Christmas cards in the past and don't intend to now. If the tradition is to send out cards as monarch or heir, that tradition will likely be followed in the future. Why would they randomly say, neener, neener, we're never going to send Christmas cards?

W&C are in a slightly awkward position in that they mustn't seem to be attempting to attract undue attention for themselves and away from the heir. As we know, everything they do attracts attention!

It's been a long time since the heir to the heir has been an adult in a position to send out cards- or to do much of anything. So it's discreet of them to keep their cards private.

I choose not to believe things that seem patently untrue or unlikely:
Kate's tatoos! Wills' toupee! We hate kids and will never have them!
Old 12-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
I don't think we will hear anything definite because Catherine's HG is touch and go. She may feel great one minute and the next is vomiting her guts up.
Its very possible that Will and Kate don't know themselves just what way they're going to head next Tuesday and are waiting to see how Kate feels the day before or right before they do have to decide. As you say, its all touch and go at the moment. We have no clue how bad her morning sickness has been since she left the hospital and most of the appearances that she has made, were the kind that a last minute decision could be made. For all we know, they may choose to remain at Nottingham Cottage by themselves for Christmas day.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Serene Highness

Duke-of-Earl, right you are. Tabloid driven intensity. Misinterpretations abounding, based on speculation. Christmas is around the corner, relax for now!
Old 12-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

I do think they will be at Sandringham. I do think it depends on how Catherine is feeling though. if she's not feeling well, perhaps they'll stay in London or just stay at Sandringham while the rest of the family go to church. I think she will be okay and attend church with the family.

I don't think there's any doubt that they will also spend some time with the Middleton family.

I hope we won't fall into the tabloid trap over the Cambridges Christmas plans every year. They most likely will continue to split their time with the royal family and Middleton family. It's just natural and expected and it's what a lot of couples do with their families. William & Catherine are no different.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Nobility

There are reports starting to circulate around the web that the Queen has invited Michael and Carole Middleton to be with Kate (and William) at Sandringham for Christmas Day.

While I can find at least half a dozen sources that are saying this, I wouldn't call any of those sources top notch new sources, so it may not be true. However, if it does turn out to be true, it will be interesting as the presence of the Middletons will be quite the break in tradition.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanRoyal View Post
There are reports starting to circulate around the web that the Queen has invited Michael and Carole Middleton to be with Kate (and William) at Sandringham for Christmas Day.

While I can find at least half a dozen sources that are saying this, I wouldn't call any of those sources top notch new sources, so it may not be true. However, if it does turn out to be true, it will be interesting as the presence of the Middletons will be quite the break in tradition.
Maybe the queen understands Catherine's wish to have her parents around in these difficult times, likes them enough to have them around herself even on Christmas and simply invited them. Sandringham after all is large enough to allow them privacy with their daughter and as the christmas traditions are rather formal at Sandringham anyway, it might be not so difficult to invite "foreigners". I mean the Middletons have shown that they are pleasant, well-mannered and discreet people and their daughter is having problems with carrying HM's next direct heir, so where's the beef?
Old 12-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Serene Highness

I thought Middleton bashing was passé
Old 12-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Maybe the queen understands Catherine's wish to have her parents around in these difficult times, likes them enough to have them around herself even on Christmas and simply invited them. Sandringham after all is large enough to allow them privacy with their daughter and as the christmas traditions are rather formal at Sandringham anyway, it might be not so difficult to invite "foreigners". I mean the Middletons have shown that they are pleasant, well-mannered and discreet people and their daughter is having problems with carrying HM's next direct heir, so where's the beef?
Actually the reports - if true - indicate that the motivation behind the Queen's invite is that Kate is not fully recovered from HG and was considering staying at the Middleton family home in Bucklebury for Christmas (and where Kate is - William will be).

Therefore by issuing an invitation to Sandringham to the Middletons, it would likely provide Kate with the confidence (for lack of a better word) to be at Sandringham for Christmas as well.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Courtier

Didn't the Queen give W&C a cottage on the estate after Christmas earlier in the year? I am sure a cottage on Sandringham is large enough for the Middletons to stay close? Besides W&C, they need 3 rooms.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:14 PM
Nobility

I believe that was the Queen's Christmas gift to them last year.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Serene Highness

I don't want to get this thread off-track but its a not matter of Catherine needing her parents there on Christmas Day. That's the tabloid spin. Daily Mail headline "Poor Catherine can't be alone on X-mas day", give me a break.

The only issue is her morning sickness. If she's vomiting non stop, what's the point of being at Sandringham?

If Catherine is feeling okay, then her and William will go to Sandringham, its really that simple.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Catherine don't need her parents at Sandringham for support.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It is quite possible that the entire Middleton clan would be residing with William and Kate at their cottage on the Sandringham estate. Basically that would save a heck of a lot of traveling back and forth and Kate basically would be staying put for the entire holiday. Other than spending time at the Big House for the Queen's family only events, Wills and Kate can spend time with both sets of parents and perhaps even the Middletons be included in Boxing Day celebrations even like Sophie's father is.

I really do think that HM is the type of person that would go out of her way to ensure that things are as easy as possible for Kate during the rough times she been having with the pregnancy and trying to find a best possible solution.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Closed Thread