The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Courtier

they arrived at Peterborough City Hospital

Old 11-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

British Royals ‏@britishroyals RT @ChrisHavergalCN: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge leave Fort St George pub after having lunch #royalvisitcambs http://po.st/37Rnr3
Georgina Patterson ‏@GeorgiePatters Kate and Will @ClarenceHouse #cambridge #royal #royalvisitcambs pic.twitter.com/58ZI9Fjl
Retweeted by Clarence House
Georgia Hatlapa ‏@214georgia @ClarenceHouse saw William and Kate going into the Senate House, big crowds!! #RoyalsInCambridge http://yfrog.com/o0z4ecwj
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail Prince William reckons Sir Chris Hoy will win BBC Sports Personality of the Year. The royal was chatting to staff at The Manor School Cambs
British Royals ‏@britishroyals William & Kate in Cambridge Articles: William accepts baby gift http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-william-fuels-kate-middleton-1461210 … ; Kate unsure about fringe http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2239669/Duchess-Cambridge-regret-new-hair-Kate-Middleton-loses-control-fringe.html …
http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.ca/20....html?spref=fb

Old 11-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail The couple met with staff and patients... http://yfrog.com/h6kidcvj
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
We are now in Peterborough with the Duke and Duchess at the City Hospital http://yfrog.com/ob12144955j
Old 11-28-2012, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Tamy ‏@thecambridges A romantic Italian chef made the Duchess of Cambridge blush today when he kissed her on the hand and told her she was beautiful.

Tamy ‏@thecambridges
As the Duchess entered the room, Mr Giammona took her hand and kissed it, prompting the Duchess to say: 'Oh, you’ve made me blush!'

Tamy ‏@thecambridges
After being presented with a jar of the cookies to take home, the Duke said to the Duchess: 'This will keep us going for a while, won’t it.'

Simon Perry ‏@SPerryPeoplemag
Prince William Receives Onesie from Royal Fan http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20651593,00.html …
Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor
Prince William was presented with a baby grow by a lady in the crowd on Cambridge - he smiled, but said nothing!
Old 11-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter
"I have to say it's the closest Harry's ever got to university," says William to laughter. "It's an easy dig."
Can William attend an event without making a joke about Harry?
At least, he's starting to recognize they're easy ones... and not so funny btw
Old 11-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

It's was meant as a light-hearted joke, the sort of banter loving brothers exchange all the time.
Doubt William was poking fun at Harry.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Serene Highness

In pictures: William and Kate visit Peterborough City Hospital - Local - Peterborough Telegraph

The crowds are impressive for such a dreary day.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Can William attend an event without making a joke about Harry?
At least, he's starting to recognize they're easy ones... and not so funny btw
I thought exactly the same!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I personally enjoy William's jokes about Harry and I'm sure Harry does as well. I'd be disappointed if he stopped!
Old 11-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Serene Highness

Harry gives as well as he takes, so I don't feel too bad for him. I thought William's comment was funny
Old 11-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Courtier

Rebecca English@RE_DailyMail
Duke&Duchess of Cambridge headed back by train from Peterborough but were so early they had to wait in back of the ticket office.Glamorous!
Old 11-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Serene Highness

I don´t find the joke funny at all. He did the same las time, bash his brother so he can look like the better one. Harry may not have gone to university but he is the one who has a career and a real job, and passion for what he does. He was not a hypocrite like many people that only go to University just to get a degree that they will never use in their lives, like William and Kate, who is so passionate about Art that, as she said, she had not put a foot in the museum since prep.
Obviously they don´t have anything more interesting to say than bring Harry.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I don´t find the joke funny at all. He did the same las time, bash his brother so he can look like the better one. Harry may not have gone to university but he is the one who has a career and a real job, and passion for what he does. He was not a hypocrite like many people that only go to University just to get a degree that they will never use in their lives, like William and Kate, who is so passionate about Art that, as she said, she had not put a foot in the museum since prep.
it just seems that he has to include a joke about his brother in every speech
Old 11-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Serene Highness

OMG - they both tease each other incessantly....it has now become part of the schtick... Harry's favorite jabs center around receeding hairline and william being in the RAF vs Army - oh and his boring lifestyle since he got married. William goes after the ginger brother and the Army pilot. Harry was worse before William became a pilot as he was further along in miliatary service. I have noticed that they both tend to jab each other more when they are travelling or one of them is out of the country. I take it as a way of them each letting the other know they are thinking of them.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

They joke about each other all the time. Harry always includes a joke about William losing his hair, in his speeches.

It's not that serious. Just light hearted banter between brothers. Relax people.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
Harry gives as well as he takes, so I don't feel too bad for him. I thought William's comment was funny
I agree but apparently some people are not aware of the dynamic between brothers or just totally lacking in the humour department. I know my brothers and I make digs at each other all the time. Close male friends do the same thing. It is one of the ways men show affection for each other. Favorite subjects for jibes include athletic foibles, hair loss, weight gain etc.....basically what ever the other guys weak point is.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
For information - the Natural History Museum is not an art gallery. Here is the link

www.nhm.ac.uk

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think we have to be careful and not take this too seriously. William & Harry are very close brothers and there's a lot of love and friendship between them.

They like making fun of each other both privately and publically. It's just they way they show their love and friendship with each other. They're not out to hurt one another or try to look better than one another. Harry likes to joke about William's disappearing hair and William like to joke about military experience and so forth.

I think both William & Harry aren't far from each others minds and they make sure it's known privately within the family and on public engagements.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm sure William's thoughts remain with his brother as he serve in a total hell zone.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Courtier

Slideshow: Manor School is big hit with Duke and Duchess | Cambridge News | Latest News Headlines From Cambridge City & Cambridgeshire | National News By Cambridge News

Closed Thread