The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

An amazing line-up of past tennis legends at the Winter Whites Gala. Right up Kate's street given her love of the sport.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Aristocracy

I hope Kate busts out some diamonds for the Winter Whites Gala! The King Faisal of Saudi Arabia necklace perhaps? (Reaching for the stars here...)

Old 11-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
absolutly fantastic event ...

Winter Whites Gala
Do all of the women have to wear white?
That's what it sounds like.

I wouldn't like that at all.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Courtier

You would standout if you didn't. Come on. Black Tie, white dress, classic.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel

Do all of the women have to wear white?
That's what it sounds like.

I wouldn't like that at all.
According to the invite dress code is formal/ black & white
Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

I agree, Catherine should breakout some jewels for this event. I think William should wear his diamond cufflinks he got in Canada.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Cannot wait for this!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I bet the two of them will look absolutely wonderful at the Gala. One thing I know we can count on is that the white dress that Kate wears will not be her recycled wedding gown.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 11-14-2012, 12:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I bet the two of them will look absolutely wonderful at the Gala. One thing I know we can count on is that the white dress that Kate wears will not be her recycled wedding gown.
But perhaps the Malaysia gown with the gold overlay removed??
Old 11-14-2012, 01:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Even if she has those jewels to use, somehow I can't see Catherine to be that kind of jewellery wearer. She seems to like more dainty pieces.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

They are to visit Cambridge on 28th November, and visit the guildhall, Senate House at the university, Jimmy's homeless centre, Manor School and Peterborough City Hospital.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Paul Harrison‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #william #kate Prince William is descended from the son of George III who was created Duke of Cambridge in 1801 through Queen Mary.

#royal #William and #kate will later visit Peterborough City Hospital and meet patients/staff on the Orthopaedic Ward + Musculoskeletal Gym

#royal #William #kate Duke and Duchess will visit Jimmy’s Cambridge - For 365 days of the year it opens its doors to homeless men and women

#royal #Kate has been to #Cambridge before when she visited one of the @EACH_hospices before deciding to become Patron

Rebecca English‏@RE_DailyMail
The couple will meet dignitaries at. Guildhall and enjoy a walkabout in the market square before going to the world famous University

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter
Cambridge has been very patient to wait so long for a visit by its Duke and Duchess. The D and D of York's first official duty was in York.

Very exciting they will now officially visit Cambridge.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
You would standout if you didn't. Come on. Black Tie, white dress, classic.

Perhaps, but I don't think white is very flattering for most women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
But it might be the recycled dress from the reception!

(If she does wear a recycled dress, I hope it's the Roland Mouret dress! She looked fantastic in that).
Old 11-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wondered when they'd finally get around to visiting Cambridge. IMO, it should have been among their first engagements after their marriage.

I hope there's also another visit to NI in the works. I know security is an issue here, but the Queen was able to pre-announce her visit to NI for the Jubilee and it all went off very smoothly. We're very much the poor cousins in the UK when it comes to royal visits .
Old 11-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Heir Apparent

When they got back from their honeymoon, it was May and you had the heavy early June schedule of Trooping, Garter and Phil's B-day service and then they were off to Canada. It seems like they made the choice to focus their early appearance to their charities or organizations that they had links to - they went to the royal mardsen, centerpoint, gave medals to the Irish guards, etc. William was in the Falklands for the beginning of this year and Kate can't go to Cambridge for an official visit without him for the first time there. Plus there was all the Queen's jubilee trips around the country- you can't have the Queen in Newcastle and the Cambridges in Cambridge on the same day. The papers would bump the Queen off the pages. Followed by the olympics and paraolympics plus SE asian tour.

Also unlike the Duke of York, William will be gaining titles in the future that will replace the Duke of Cambridge as his primary title. Maybe a future William & Kate son will get the Cambridge dukedom down the line since the traditional dukedoms for princes such as Kent & Gloucester have male heirs. York make be open 30 years from now.

William & Kate have not done any events in places other than England post wedding except for the Thistle service this year and they are going to Cardiff for Wales vs NZ in rugby on Nov. 24
Old 11-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Majesty

It looks like the Cambridges will have a few busy weeks ahead of them. Looking forward to each one of these engagements.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:27 AM
Nobility

Royal honour: William and Kate to visit Peterborough - Local - Peterborough Telegraph
Old 11-15-2012, 03:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to leave Wales in 2013 - National Royal News | Examiner.com
Old 11-15-2012, 06:13 AM
Courtier

William and Kate have a busy schedule of royal engagements lined up this winter - hellomagazine.com

Closed Thread