Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: September 2012-February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally enjoy William's jokes about Harry and I'm sure Harry does as well. I'd be disappointed if he stopped!

Harry gives as well as he takes, so I don't feel too bad for him. I thought William's comment was funny

Rebecca English@RE_DailyMail
Duke&Duchess of Cambridge headed back by train from Peterborough but were so early they had to wait in back of the ticket office.Glamorous!

I don´t find the joke funny at all. He did the same las time, bash his brother so he can look like the better one. Harry may not have gone to university but he is the one who has a career and a real job, and passion for what he does. He was not a hypocrite like many people that only go to University just to get a degree that they will never use in their lives, like William and Kate, who is so passionate about Art that, as she said, she had not put a foot in the museum since prep.
Obviously they don´t have anything more interesting to say than bring Harry.

I don´t find the joke funny at all. He did the same las time, bash his brother so he can look like the better one. Harry may not have gone to university but he is the one who has a career and a real job, and passion for what he does. He was not a hypocrite like many people that only go to University just to get a degree that they will never use in their lives, like William and Kate, who is so passionate about Art that, as she said, she had not put a foot in the museum since prep.
it just seems that he has to include a joke about his brother in every speech

OMG - they both tease each other incessantly....it has now become part of the schtick... Harry's favorite jabs center around receeding hairline and william being in the RAF vs Army - oh and his boring lifestyle since he got married. William goes after the ginger brother and the Army pilot. Harry was worse before William became a pilot as he was further along in miliatary service. I have noticed that they both tend to jab each other more when they are travelling or one of them is out of the country. I take it as a way of them each letting the other know they are thinking of them.

They joke about each other all the time. Harry always includes a joke about William losing his hair, in his speeches.

It's not that serious. Just light hearted banter between brothers. Relax people.

Last edited:
Harry gives as well as he takes, so I don't feel too bad for him. I thought William's comment was funny

I agree but apparently some people are not aware of the dynamic between brothers or just totally lacking in the humour department. I know my brothers and I make digs at each other all the time. Close male friends do the same thing. It is one of the ways men show affection for each other. Favorite subjects for jibes include athletic foibles, hair loss, weight gain etc.....basically what ever the other guys weak point is.

For information - the Natural History Museum is not an art gallery. Here is the link

www.nhm.ac.uk

I think we have to be careful and not take this too seriously. William & Harry are very close brothers and there's a lot of love and friendship between them.

They like making fun of each other both privately and publically. It's just they way they show their love and friendship with each other. They're not out to hurt one another or try to look better than one another. Harry likes to joke about William's disappearing hair and William like to joke about military experience and so forth.

I think both William & Harry aren't far from each others minds and they make sure it's known privately within the family and on public engagements.

I'm sure William's thoughts remain with his brother as he serve in a total hell zone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we have to be careful and not take this too seriously. William & Harry are very close brothers and there's a lot of love and friendship between them.

They like making fun of each other both privately and publically. It's just they way they show their love and friendship with each other. They're not out to hurt one another or try to look better than one another. Harry likes to joke about William's disappearing hair and William like to joke about military experience and so forth.

I think both William & Harry aren't far from each others minds and they make sure it's known privately within the family and on public engagements.
I agree. This is typical sibling humor IMO.:)

Has nobody got a sibling around here? That is sibling rivalry at it's best, and William isn't the only one to make jokes about Henry, Henry has thrown some back in his time.

William has a career and a job, he's just not allowed to go and fight in a war zone like his brother is. Simple because he was born first, if Henry was the first one out he would be in the same situation as his brother. So your logic for praising Henry is flawed.
You do realise that William's degree was in Geography, something that is quite useful when you travel the globe on the yearly basis. Catherine might not have been able to use her degree practically before marrying William but i'm sure she's going to use it now with her patronages piling high up on her desk.

Obviously you don't have anything more interesting to say than to bash William and Catherine, again. When we don't see them, you bash them. When we do see them, you bash them. Is there anything they could do for you?

Well, I guess we learned some things today about William & Catherine:

1. William said his wife is a "cooking expert."
2. William still need some cooking lessons.
3. William & Catherine like their cookies.
4. Catherine is dealing with her "troublesome Cubs" within her Scouts.
5. William & Catherine are fans of the TV show "University Challenge."
6. Catherine met up with one of her cousins, Dr Penny Barton (Michael Middleton's first cousin and she went to the wedding). Dr. Barton says's the family is thrilled, proud of Catherine and think she's doing a very good job in her royal role.

The royal couple's day in Cambridgeshire: Video-
The royal couple's day in Cambridgeshire | Anglia - ITV News

A beautiful summary of William & Catherine's Official Visit to Cambridge.

Cambridge crowds line streets for William and Kate: Video-
BBC News - Cambridge crowds line streets for William and Kate

Here you can see Catherine get her hand kissed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Important Hair News: Duchess Kate Gets A Fringe

Just as well Catherine will never read the comments left at the bottom of this article. I did feel kind of sorry for her after reading them.

The comment sections are always negative, no matter what the article and no matter what the topic.
In the real world, happy and well adjusted adults don't spend their days trawling the internet and bashing Catherine on anonymous comment boards.

The comment sections are always negative, no matter what the article and no matter what the topic.
In the real world, happy and well adjusted adults don't spend their days trawling the internet and bashing Catherine on anonymous comment boards.
agree:flowers: if they don't like her they don't need to spend so much time reading articles about her

How do you know William and Kate did a wonderful job today? When the only criticism is a harmless joke that all brothers/siblings are guilty of doing.

As others have pointed out, no big deal and it's normal and part of every sibling relationship. Not only am I sure Harry's heard of by now, but I'm willing to bet it gave him a lift too. It was William's way of letting Harry know he's thinking of him and in a pretty clever way too. Also in a normal way too. No big deal and I'm sure in Harry's first speech back home at an Engagement, he'll give it back in full in some way.

Love that onesie. Too cute and perfect for the baby of a Helicopter pilot. My cousin got a few things like that last year when she was expecting her first. (Serving RCAF Sea King helicopter pilot) She adored them and I'm sure this is only the first of many such types of gifts for whenever we hear that Official Announcement.

Kate did exactly what I would have done if my hand had been kissed like that. Such a romantic gesture and not often seen these days sadly. Still would have blushed bright pink if it happened to me. Just like Kate today. :D

Those cookies look yummy nummy!! Wonder how long they were on the train until they dived into them? :D

Love the pictures I've seen and it looks like TRH enjoyed their first visit to Cambridge.

A question....I saw a picture of them on the balcony of, I'm guessing, the Guildhall w/the coat of arms of Cambridge or Peterbrough, but I'm betting Cambridge on the railing. Could someone who knows explain the various symbols on the shield of the CoA please? I could swear those are Tudor roses on it, but as I don't know...

Thanks in advance!!

Also neat to me to discover where the city in Britain my hometown in Canada's named for is exactly thanks to one of the articles. I've always wondered and now I know.

Thanks to one and all for all of the links you've shared w/us today. Much appreciated. :flower:

A question....I saw a picture of them on the balcony of, I'm guessing, the Guildhall w/the coat of arms of Cambridge or Peterbrough, but I'm betting Cambridge on the railing. Could someone who knows explain the various symbols on the shield of the CoA please? I could swear those are Tudor roses on it, but as I don't know...

What a lovely generous post you made!
Here is the City's link explaining their COA - they do a better job than I ever could and include some nifty pics of original documents!
http://www.cambridge.gov.uk/public/pictures/1575-Charter-large.jpg
:rose: We obviously need a smile here for "hippocampi" :lol:

Has nobody got a sibling around here? That is sibling rivalry at it's best, and William isn't the only one to make jokes about Henry, Henry has thrown some back in his time.

William has a career and a job, he's just not allowed to go and fight in a war zone like his brother is. Simple because he was born first, if Henry was the first one out he would be in the same situation as his brother. So your logic for praising Henry is flawed.
You do realise that William's degree was in Geography, something that is quite useful when you travel the globe on the yearly basis. Catherine might not have been able to use her degree practically before marrying William but i'm sure she's going to use it now with her patronages piling high up on her desk.

Obviously you don't have anything more interesting to say than to bash William and Catherine, again. When we don't see them, you bash them. When we do see them, you bash them. Is there anything they could do for you?

Your argument about geography is quite funny. How is Geography useful when you travel? I cannot think of a single logical answer. I don´t need to know the names of the mountains to go skying to the Alps, how absurd.
I believe William signed up for History of Art first, so he had no idea what he wanted to do, that is why the joke bothers me. Harry may not be a brain for books but he has another type if intelligence that William lacks. He always knew what he wanted and went straight to the Army, he lives in base, he´s liked by his mates, he´s awarded for his chariy about wounded soldiers. That is why I think he has a career, not because he went to war! And no it´s not humor between brothers, William does it on a constant basis.
I don´t agree that she wasn´t able to use her degree either. Why didn´t she ever applied to work in a museum, an art gallery? I am sure she would have got the job. But I suspect earning a living and become a successful independent woman was never a priority for her. I don´t have a single positive thing to comment on them. I could go with the easy "how pasionate, caring, wonderful, genuine". It´s not the vibe I get from them. So, if that is seen as bashing I´m off here becasue you obviously cannot take a critic.

William studied History of Art, Social Anthropology and Geography in his early years at St Andrew's and picked Geography. Kate did the same except Classics (I think) instead of Geography and picked Art History. Who has a huge art collection - the British Royal Family ? Kate will have a use of her degree in future.

Harry didn't have the grades to go to University. He still could of gone because who he is but he isn't academically minded. He even admitted that he had trouble with the math portion of his helicopter training.

Both William & Harry could of sat on their buts and did nothing but partying. They have the means to do so. But both of them, put their lives on the line serving in the military and should be commended for it. (Just because no one is shooting at him, don't think William's job isnt dangerous. Try flying a helicopter in horrible weather off the side of a mountain.)

Harry will be making hair loss jokes about his brother come February :)

Back to the topic of the visit, it seems like everybody had a great time. I do wish the press would stop with the hair analysis.

Let's get back on topic...Catherine and Williams Current Events.

Any and all additional OFF TOPIC posts will be deleted without notice.

These pictures speak for themselves. The expressions on the faces of the people that met this couple today tell me that those few moments made their day (if not year, or life). The shots with little Emma are beyond precious. Catherine and children is one great combination.
You hit the nail right on the head- 3 words- love these pics!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom