Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: September 2012-February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
UKCambridgeDuke300x280.png
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
UKCambridgeDuchess300x215-1.png

Arms of HRH the Duke of Cambridge . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Arms of HRH the Duchess of Cambridge

Welcome to the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge
current events thread #4

10 September 2012 to 28 February 2013

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge current events #3
(covering the period 2 April - 10 September, 2012)
can be found
here

:crown5: . . . . . . . . . . :crown5:

Last edited:
So now that the tour is over for William and Catherine, I wonder what is next on their plate. Hopefully some much needed down time would be good. Do we know if William will have to get back to work right away?

Hopefully they'll give him some time for jet lag... I was shocked how they plowed right into the tour with only a stop to drop off bags and fix Kate's hair. But I can't imagine it'll be too long. Although leave time is flexible and generous, with all the Jubilee events and the Olympics this year he must be running low. I strongly suspect that it's back to Wales now, 24 hours to themselves, then regular life resumes.

LadyGabrielle said:
So now that the tour is over for William and Catherine, I wonder what is next on their plate. Hopefully some much needed down time would be good. Do we know if William will have to get back to work right away?

They will be back in the UK on Thursday, I imagine William will go back to work on Monday and Catherine will go back to being a housewife.

They will be back in the UK on Thursday, I imagine William will go back to work on Monday and Catherine will go back to being a housewife.

If that was supposed to be a dig at HRH, then it didn't land.

Doesn't Kate have a fashion awards event on Tuesday?

Duke-of-Earl said:
If that was supposed to be a dig at HRH, then it didn't land.

People can take my words however they like.

dazzling said:
Doesn't Kate have a fashion awards event on Tuesday?

What fashion awards?

People can take my words however they like.

In all respects, getting back to Anglesy and ordinary days of shopping, cooking and sitting by the TV in evenings must sound like a very welcome idea to the both of them about now. I would imagine that still being relative newly weds, being a housewife right now for Kate is her most cherished role and I in no way saw referring to her as one as any kind of a dig. Its what she is when she's in Wales. I've always been a stay-at-home mom when my kids were small and I'm still a housewife by choice. Its as demanding sometimes as any other kind of job can be AND you get to sleep with the boss. :D

As to their activities in the near future, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they find time to head up to Balmoral to spend some time with the grandparents. I really think HM must be so proud of the two of them after the successful tour they just completed even with facing such negative incidents that were fired at them.

In the past, the duke and duchess said they would start working on a baby after this tour, so my guess is, that is what they are going to do. Happy baby making Kate and Will. :flowers:

I think they deserve some 'down' time after the past week and a half. Holy smokes! Just reading the posts and articles on here made me get a little anxious and stressed, so I can only imagine how exhausted they are. Everyone needs to recharge after being around people for a long period of time, and I'm sure these two are no different.

I think they enjoy themselves, in this tour, it is work but it was like in a way an incredible vacation, meeting incredible people being the center of the atention in everything , presents, and everything is organize for them a lot of people behind the scene to make al this a succsses so about them being tired, i am not sure, i wish i would travel like them! and beingtreated the way they were!

I think they enjoy themselves, in this tour, it is work but it was like in a way an incredible vacation, meeting incredible people being the center of the atention in everything , presents, and everything is organize for them a lot of people behind the scene to make al this a succsses so about them being tired, i am not sure, i wish i would travel like them! and beingtreated the way they were!

True, it was probably a very incredibly wonderful trip for them to take with so many interesting people and places to see but it was also very incredibly exhausting too.

So many people have remarked after a vacation that they need a vacation to recover from a vacation and the first words they said were "Thank God we're finally home!". That's from a vacation of their choice too and not one where every minute of every day is planned out for you in advance. Just the air travel home would have exhausted me to no ends.

Sometimes the best gift one gets from a vacation is an appreciation of ordinary days. :)

----------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE from Daria S: "I think they deserve some 'down' time after the past week and a half. Holy smokes! Just reading the posts and articles on here made me get a little anxious and stressed, so I can only imagine how exhausted they are. Everyone needs to recharge after being around people for a long period of time, and I'm sure these two are no different."

Can't these two work more than 10 days straight? There are many, many people twice their age who travel on business for that many days in a row. Give me a break.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kit
Can't these two work more than 10 days straight? There are many, many people twice their age who travel on business for that many days in a row. Give me a break.

They are - reportedly - not full-time royals yet. My understanding is the shift to doing so will occur in about 6 months - when they have been married 2 years.

Thanks! You're spot on.

Perhaps but very few travel to the other side of the world through multiple time zones when traveling on business. I fly back and forth across the Atlantic on business quite regularly but even then I usually arrange to have at least a weekend off before going into the office one either side of the pond.

I think William & Catherine will probably be heading back to Wales. I'm sure they will have some official engagements coming up.

And that is where we will end this debate.

The topic of this thread is the actual current evens of William and Catherine, not about what they should and shouldn't be doing or anyone else.

Any and all posts that disregard this message will be deleted without notice.

I think it`s wonderful that William is able to stay with his career, which is something he used to talk about as a child (apparently, if his mother is to be believed), for as long as possible and that the couple is able to have a little bit of as-normal-as-possible time together.

I suspect that this is part of William's overall plan to make sure that Catherine is not overwhelmed. Work and play in some sort of reasonable conjunction for two people in their positions.

I'm going to guess and say that none of us could understand the pressure and stress which come with these official duties ...if nothing else the constant stress to not do or say anything that is or could possibly be perceived as political, controversial or untoward. Representing the HMtQ is not like anything in our arena of experience.

To me, there is something endearing about it, actually. Like they're saying that they WILL find a way to balance duty and personal life. Maybe they just understand the importance of cementing their relationship and establishing precedents so that they can recharge when needed. Maybe William did learn a thing or two from Mom and Dad. I'd rather have them taking small holidays and resting together and being a happy, well adjusted and productive royal couple than just being trained ponies or autobots or, worse, unable to stay together.

If they're looking for things to do ... they can come to Canada anytime :)

So in the spirit of this thread....
Do we know what is officially on their calendar next? When is that visit to Cambridge? Was that supposed to be late September/early October?

So in the spirit of this thread....
Do we know what is officially on their calendar next? When is that visit to Cambridge? Was that supposed to be late September/early October?

I don't know. I guess we have to just wait and see of what they will be doing next.

Thank you for sharing this! I'm always glad to see positive pieces about this couple, especially Catherine. She's doing a great job, and she hasn't been a royal for two years. Good for her!

(the article above references the Queen Mother)

I was just thinking today how Catherine reminded me of the Queen Mother, rest her soul.

There's that bit about (when told she and the children should go to Canada during the war) saying (I paraphrase from memory) "The children cannot go without me, I cannot go without the King and the King shall never leave." I always loved her for that. A strong statement from a strong woman without taking any strength from the man. I always thought it said a lot about them as a couple.

It seems to me that William is a lot like King George VI and Catherine a lot like Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon. I think William would rather be a helicopter pilot, but this will not in any way detract from his willingness to do his duty and the quality of his effort. And I think Catherine would rather be married to a helicopter pilot, but this will not detract in any way from her willingness to help him do his duty and the quality of her effort.

YMMV

It was written that they were keen to visit and it would be in the not to distant future. That was from an article I found written in July.

Catherine J said:
...It seems to me that William is a lot like King George VI and Catherine a lot like Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon...
Interesting comparison! However, I do see the connection. The two couples are very similar, and strong, not just as units, but as individuals.

(the article above references the Queen Mother)

I was just thinking today how Catherine reminded me of the Queen Mother, rest her soul.

There's that bit about (when told she and the children should go to Canada during the war) saying (I paraphrase from memory) "The children cannot go without me, I cannot go without the King and the King shall never leave." I always loved her for that. A strong statement from a strong woman without taking any strength from the man. I always thought it said a lot about them as a couple.

It seems to me that William is a lot like King George VI and Catherine a lot like Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon. I think William would rather be a helicopter pilot, but this will not in any way detract from his willingness to do his duty and the quality of his effort. And I think Catherine would rather be married to a helicopter pilot, but this will not detract in any way from her willingness to help him do his duty and the quality of her effort.

YMMV
Love the comparison! Thank you. And I quite agree with the points that you made.

Rebecca English@RE_DailyMail
New engagement for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: the couple are visiting Tyne and Wear and Stockton-on-Tees next Wednesday
William & Kate will visit Newcastle Civic Centre to meet reps from local projects involved with the Olympics,elderly,business & education
William and Kate will then go to Elswick Park to meet groups involved with The Queen Elizabeth 11 Fields Challenge.....
Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit Newcastle, Gateshead, and Stockton Oct 10 and the Duke will host a charity gala dinner Oct 11.

I'm really looking forward to the Duke & Duchesses engagements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom