William, Catherine and Family: Annual Holiday to Mustique (2012-2015, 2018-2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well said - its the same story on the PoW current events - all about him "secretly" advising on the legislation in the Uk (according to the Telegraph). Its public information if people care to look. Of course the Telegraph didn't mention that.

People have stopped thinking for themselves - weird!
If it was secret how would the media know about. :whistling:

At the grocery today, there were long lines which gave me the opportunity to rip off The STAR by reading the Mustique acticle on their dime.

The writing was the usual drek one expects. I did learn how very public that beach is as many others got caught up in the pics of the Duke and Duchess.

I know some of you think I should not even look. I figure as long as I read it in line, I'm reducing their profits. :cool:

DOES NO ONE UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS THE MEDIA WHO ARE MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF THIS, not those involved.

Talk about being "suckered" by the press/media!!!!!

This is why the trashy faction of the media survives.

Mini Middleton

Here are the pictures from Woman's Day.

And yes, I am pretty sure they are back. Some posters on twitter said they saw her.

I don't think it is an article. I think it is meant to be a comical rant.;)

Princess Mary doesn't receive nearly the amount of press attention that Kate and the BRF do. The press coverage of the Danish royals here in the US, is pretty much non-exsistence, while Kate can't even sneeze without being on every tabloid cover, news program and entertainment show. I don't think Mary would really be able to offer much advice.

I was referring more to the unique situation of being royal a public figure and producing an heir to the throne perhaps having a talk with someone who truly understands her position would be helpful in helping her overcome her obvious panic everytime she is photographed because its going to happen all the time for the rest of her life and I dont think William is helping her by blowing up everytime a picture is taken of her than isnt official.
She is now a person of great interest and unfortunately pictures of her are like gold. She just has to learn to deal with them because she cant stop them.

:flowers:

I was referring more to the unique situation of being royal a public figure and producing an heir to the throne perhaps having a talk with someone who truly understands her position would be helpful in helping her overcome her obvious panic everytime she is photographed:flowers:

I don't get the impression that she's panicking. I think she's doing what all the Royals do ... tolerating it. That doesn't mean they have to like it.

I have never seen Kate panic over anything let alone have her picture taken. Even when those horrible naked pix came out she was the one keeping her cool and trying to calm William.

If I were Kate I would stop wearing bikinis. There are great one-piece suits. The paps would still take her pic but there would be less groaning. Such a simple solution.

I had a one-piece suit from Land's End which had matching "shorts" to wear over that,
for a completely covered look. Why not? Why must she show off her very nice body?

It she's doing it just to prove she can, that's childish.

The royals have a right to their vacations, but if they do splashy things they will inevitably reap criticism. Kate does not need to wear a bikini.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were Kate I would stop wearing bikinis. There are great one-piece suits. The paps would still take her pic but there would be less groaning. Such a simple solution.

I had a one-piece suit from Land's End which had matching "shorts" to wear over that,
for a completely covered look. Why not? Why must she show off her very nice body?

It she's doing it just to prove she can, that's childish.

The royals have a right to their vacations, but if they do splashy things they will inevitably reap criticism. Kate does not need to wear a bikini.

A Land's End one piece with matching shorts? That's appropriate for a woman in her fifties or sixties to wear to the beach but it's certainly not something that would look at all appropriate on a young woman- she'd look hopelessly frumpy and her tan lines would be horrific. Plus- why should she have to wear a cocoon of fabric at the beach so that pictures of her in her private time will be less revealing?

She's not doing this to be childish. She's doing this because her family goes to the beach once a year and she and her husband enjoy joining them and participating in normal family activities while wearing the normal apparel one wears to the beach. I also doubt she's embarrassed or shy about her figure being photographed and I have no doubt she knew this was highly likely to happen.

The palace can continue to advocate for a separation between the Cambridge's public duties and private lives, even while they expect the media to take liberties with that.

I agree with Hermione.

In any case the issue is being without clothes, i.e. NUDE! Bikini is fine, especially when you have a good figure.:shifty:

I just had a look at that Land's End site and there are some one piece costumes there that seem just fine for a 30 year old woman and not at all frumpy. I think Kate would look great in them, but she also looks great in a bikini. I think it depends on what she's comfortable being photographed in. If she doesn't mind being photographed in a bikini, that's what she should wear. And she's going to be photographed in her swimwear, whether he husband likes it or not.

I just had a look at that Land's End site and there are some one piece costumes there that seem just fine for a 30 year old woman and not at all frumpy. I think Kate would look great in them, but she also looks great in a bikini. I think it depends on what she's comfortable being photographed in. If she doesn't mind being photographed in a bikini, that's what she should wear. And she's going to be photographed in her swimwear, whether he husband likes it or not.

She's all the more likely to be photographed in her bikini if her husband lets everyone know he doesn't like it. Otherwise, who in the 21st century gives a darn that someone is in a bikini on the beach?

One piece costumes are not frumpy. They certainly minimize sun exposure. :cool:

She's all the more likely to be photographed in her bikini if her husband lets everyone know he doesn't like it. Otherwise, who in the 21st century gives a darn that someone is in a bikini on the beach?

The same people who get worked up about her shopping at Tesco or going to the movies with her husband or going shopping on the high street and fall all over themselves to buy what she wears........the general public.

Photos of Kate from years ago in her bikini have been on the Internet for quite awhile and current pictures are nothing new, so why the fuss? As far as views of the bump, it's been officially revealed so it's over. Moving right along......

Last edited:
The problem here is the difference between admiration and interest, which the royals need to cultivate, and something more, something less healthy, a need to live vicariously through someone - or to project onto them positively or negatively. I think that unhealthier side always existed, but now in the internet age, it's so much more apparent that people form these attachments. They're not healthy, and in fact they are scary.

Nobody seems to engender this interest on such an international level as Will and Kate. I suppose it's because the common language ensures the interest of a lot of nations, including us Americans.

I have a feeling this vicarious living will go on during the exciting time of pregnancy, and die down once the baby is born and is a few months old. I don't see this hysteria lasting too much longer. At some point they'll be middle aged, and the interest will be off them, probably refocused on their children. I think that engagement, wedding, honeymoon and new baby are one of the most exciting times in many a persons' cycle of life, the stuff of many a fairy tale or romance novel and this is why the focus right now is particularly hysterical.

I especially see the interest dying down if Harry takes a bride and the focus is on the excitement of a wedding, honeymoon and new baby.

^^ Good point. I see the interest of media and people to move in waves. Not to fade out in overall but to redirect to other people. Now it's on William and Kate and their soon to start young family. As time passes and they get old, they'll start to be less and less fascinating. In a few years, there'll be nothing new anymore with them. Probably at that time, Harry will have found his woman and will be getting married and all the eyes will be turned on them and their new family. Then the interest on them will decrease and maybe William and Kate eldest children will be about to give us some proper scandals to comment and then it will be Harry's kids' turn and then they'll start to get married and story will repeat itself over again

All members of the royal family have through their very popular moments and then it pass on to the new generation. We have a long way to go with The Cambridge's popularity and the hype that surrounds them but it will die down after a while. Although it may increase once they become The Prince & Princess of Wales.

A great deal of attention will fall on Harry and his new lady too. Right now the attention is on the younger royals. Then it will fall on their children. It's all a pattern the royals have been dealing with for a long time and are pretty used to.

William, Catherine and Family: Annual Holiday to Mustique (2014-2015)

So William and Kate have gone with the Middletons in the past to Mustique for a winter holiday.

Hit me with a brick - will they go this year and will George go along?
Thanks to Skippyboo on the Staff of D and D of C thread for this reminder.

So William and Kate have gone with the Middletons in the past to Mustique for a winter holiday.

Hit me with a brick - will they go this year and will George go along?
Thanks to Skippyboo on the Staff of D and D of C thread for this reminder.

As William is on a 10 week course with (reportedly) 20 hours tuition a week, it would seem unlikely. If there is a "half term" for this type of course, then it is possible. Also it may be that Catherine and George go without William - but the flack that would go with that will be enormous.

I would say, on balance, that they won't.

I don't understand the flak about them going to Mustique. It's an annual trip for her family just like the Queen goes to Scotland every August. I think because trip is in January and the royal calendar is pretty slow that people complain just to complain. Bea has been skiing and St. Bart's already this yr.

I can see Kate and George going without William if he can't go due to his course. His course may be flexible enough where he could fly out on Thursday and come back for Monday just sleep on the plane.

The dog story is ridiculous. There are photos of James and his dog and Kate with Lupo. They are the same type of dog. If William and/or Kate are not present- it is not Lupo.

Habit - there is always flak about them going to Mustique because "she doesn't do anything except go on holiday"

Anyway, the Queen would have to give permission, I think.

I think most people that complain about this type of stuff are just plain jealous that they aren't royals and can't go..........they would never admit to such, yet their comments sure do say something to their character...........not so nice at all.

@RoyalCentral: Hello! Magazine have published exclusive photos of the Duchess of Cambridge with Prince George on holiday to Mustique http://t.co/DkNIA3vwOI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom