William, Catherine and Family: Annual Holiday to Mustique (2012-2015, 2018-2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: If your not fan why are you on The Royals Forums.

Just speaking for myself and no other, I LOVE history, any kind of history and this site is tops in that department. So I am not a "fan" per se of royals, but the history behind the royals. I have seriously not the slightest interest in seeing a pregnant woman in a bikini - what kind of person wants to see a stranger like that? If you notice some of my posts, I am now interested in what the press is like in different countries, what laws they have, etc., and many people here have been very helpful so thank you to them!:flowers:

OK, let's get real here. Mary is Mary, lives in Denmark and, most important of all, is not Catherine! As is so often said, "you can't compare apples and oranges".

Now to the subject at hand. William and Catherine are both said to be smart, intelligent 30 something year olds. They even have a degree apiece. Could someone please explain to me why, knowing as they did that there was virtual bounty on the first photo of "The Baby Bump", they decided to holiday in a public place and stroll down the beach in swim wear, and her in a bikini no less?

They are both veterans of paparzzi camera shots (many less than flattering) from clubbing in London, saw Harry embarrassed to the nth degree courtesy of camera phones, and yet they chose to put themselves out there, in full view of anyone who knew who they were, and then have SJP publicly whine about invasion of privacy when someone took the absolutely inevitable photo.

It is not a good look. It makes them look like they have an overweening sense of entitlement and I don't know about most of you, but I am wondering what sort of person does that. The rest of his family (Harry notwithstanding) keep their heads down, play the game and pick their battles on solid ground. I was right behind them about the invasion of privacy in France because they were in private at someone's private home where they had, not only an expectation of privacy, but a legal one as well.

In this case exactly the opposite is true.
I fully share your opinion. Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are unlikely to win a war against paparazzis taking their photos and media outlets publishing them.

I fully share your opinion. Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are unlikely to win a war against paparazzis taking their photos and media outlets publishing them.

In fairness to them, they have not waged any "war" in relation to these pictures. CH onkly expressed dissappointment, which in itself, IMO, was unnecessary.

Have I missed something? ALL I recall reading was that SJP voiced "disappointment". I have heard of no other comments EXCEPT those written by the media which include words such as OUTRAGE, ANGER, etc.

It seems to me we are all being "taken for a ride" by the media in creating up something which may, in fact, not exist. The DM and other rags are notorious for stirring the pot and then sitting back and watching the royals be criticised for something they did not do.:whistling:

That's all what's happening. The media is blowing the story out of proportion. I think they should drop the story now.

They will have another story to report on when William & Catherine and Harry get back to their official engagements.

CH onkly expressed dissappointment, which in itself, IMO, was unnecessary.

and hopefully they see what's come out of it and learn to shut up the next time unless they do indeed consider legal action.

and hopefully they see what's come out of it and learn to shut up the next time unless they do indeed consider legal action.

"Shut up"?? :sad:

I don't think it's quite this simple. I think they have to comment otherwise it looks like acceptance. It may be part of a ritual, if you like, but it has to be done. Otherwise, people will say that they can't complain because they "shut up" last time.

Security:
IF you believe last year's DM article about the Middleton Mustique holiday, the Middletons borrow a 3-5 BR resort from a friend. It is called Aurora. You can see it here - down to a floor plan and video tour: Mustique - Aurora

I'm amazed at the amount of public info out there about the property used (if you believe the DM) by the wife of the future king. There's detailed info about all the properties on the island. Even if you believe very little in the DM articles (this and last year) - it does seem likely they would be staying at a larger property. Go ahead and search the Mustique Company site - there are few 5 BR properties and it is not hard to guess where they might be staying.

It does make me wonder how the palace security folk prepare to protect the Duke and Duchess when they visit here. Wow - just wow!

If Mustique is a desired warm weather destination for W&K and their family, it wont surprise me if they purchase a home there - one with a private beach ... where they can put the private walls. Perhaps they may try and re-purchase Les Jolies Eaux - Pss Margaret's former home - I'm sure that was built with heavy security in mind. It appears they only way they will get the privacy and security their desire is to own it like at Balmoral or Sandringham.

I'm not surprised because I thought that these properties are for holiday rents. floor plans would be a standard feature. How secure they are would be determined by access.

Im not sure that they will be going again!!

I don't think it's quite this simple. I think they have to comment otherwise it looks like acceptance. It may be part of a ritual, if you like, but it has to be done. Otherwise, people will say that they can't complain because they "shut up" last time.

cepe- you're right. The tabloid press (and I mainly enjoy their product) is like a toddler. You've got to tell them every single time.

If they keep on commenting on something that has become common sense (as a public figure you will be photographed when out in public, no matter if you are on duty or not) people will become more and more annoyed because they have other problems that are pressing them and the royals show themselves more and more out of touch and it won't do William and Kate any favours. Instead of crying out privacy all the time, they should be out and about and make use of their extremely priviledged position.

A bit off topic but I believe that in the very long run (I am not talking about lifetime of the TRF members) this will be the downfall of monarchies, the next generations not willing any longer to pay the price of being public figures (lack of privacy, constant scrutiny), apart from simply not being up to the demands/task/expectations.

If they keep on commenting on something that has become common sense (as a public figure you will be photographed when out in public, no matter if you are on duty or not) people will become more and more annoyed because they have other problems that are pressing them and the royals show themselves more and more out of touch and it won't do William and Kate any favours. Instead of crying out privacy all the time, they should be out and about and make use of their extremely priviledged position.

A bit off topic but I believe that in the very long run (I am not talking about lifetime of the TRF members) this will be the downfall of monarchies, the next generations not willing any longer to pay the price of being public figures (lack of privacy, constant scrutiny), apart from simply not being up to the demands/task/expectations.

I agree with this 101% If this is all Will and Kate are seen complaining about, if this is all they have to complain about, how does the average person searching futilely for a job feel about Will and Kate? Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt did it right; release the first photos of their twins themselves, and then donate the extraordinary amount of money to a worthy charity.

I agree that monarchies will not be voted out, it's members will simply leave for the reasons stated by Duke above.

Well, again, William and Kate have not complained. They haven't said anything at all.

That said, it probably would have been a lot better if SJP hadn't released that statement. Still, it's a little rude to say they should "shut up".

:previous: If your not fan why are you on The Royals Forums.

I'm very much interested in history, in traditions, in culture, in art, I love to see jewels and stunning gowns; I'm very interested in ceremonies as such - and so on ;) do I qualify for being around here? :whistling:

As a public relation officer I am also interested how people react to news and stories in the media - and I'm often very much taken by surprise, that after all people know how the media distort or make up stories, they are still a lot believed - against better judgement (or so I feel).

To the people who insist WnK are up in arms about this I would like to understand what is going on in your head. No where was it said that either of them are upset or are taking action. So why this desire to paint William in particular as livid over this situation and some kind of bully?
As for just accepting this crap because they are rich and have nice lives, what is the deal with this mentality? Because someone has money they should just lie back and accept people using them and invading their lives? These are human beings not zoo animals! Not expressing opposition to such actions would come off as accepting them; and no matter what a few jealous magazine readers feel about my life of luxury, I would never accept being treated like an animal because people think I'm a celebrity.

Surely you jest. I would never pass up an opportunity to snap a future Queen of England in a bikini, pregnant or not. I can't say that I would not offer it for sale, either.

If we can't be honest, we can't be anything.

In the spirit of honesty then, would you ask permission, first seeing as they are not "at work" I.e. not on an official visit for the Crown? If not, what bad manners ! And then to sell such pictures.....

They aren't at work when they are pictured out shopping or she's watching him play polo etc but the media in the UK publish these so why didn't they publish the holiday or the Christmas day pics? there is no difference. The only ones that were controversial IMO were those topless ones. Really don't know what the big fuss is. Maybe they don't like getting there pics taken but life isn't perfect for anyone and as long as the pics are't embarrassing or hurtful it's nothing to the inconveniences most people in the world have to endure.

Last edited:
This is the same media "scrum" that is subject to the Leveson Inquiry regarding their "ethical practices", yes?

I don't think anyone finds the idea of bikini photos distasteful, but it must be pretty annoying not even to be able to walk along a beach on holiday without photos being taken of you and ending up on the front pages of magazines.

Security:
IF you believe last year's DM article about the Middleton Mustique holiday, the Middletons borrow a 3-5 BR resort from a friend. It is called Aurora. You can see it here - down to a floor plan and video tour: Mustique - Aurora

Did anyone notice the contact details for Aurora?

UK Office
pippa@mustique

:shock::w00t:

Last edited:
A couple of points

1. Let's just say that on this Forum there are differences of opinion between some Australians and UK/European and leave it at that.

2. Even if William decided to give up his royal status, there is no way he suddenly becomes an ordinary person. He would have unique status and he and Catherine would still be targeted. Naive to think otherwise.

3. They should have stayed at home

4. He is 6' 4"

I agree with 1/2/3 &4,but I believe they also deserve holydays like everyone else:)

at 2.:If they became private citizens they would lose most of the protection&bodyguards,the press would be even more intrusive than now-If you remember,Diana has been much more followed after her divorce but didn´t believe she needs so much security,which was a mistake (I know its a futile comment but I still find it very sad that she passed away)

I think that key royals would have protection for ever. Like ex prime ministers and presidents. Diana should never have turned down the protection offered.

Last edited:
Is posting that information allowed on these boards? Everywhere else I post frowns on the posting of email addresses and phone numbers.

I would imagine that as its a public information number, posting it doesn't really do any harm. Kind of like posting the address for Buckingham Palace if someone inquired about it. But then again, I could be wrong. :flowers:

Is posting that information allowed on these boards? Everywhere else I post frowns on the posting of email addresses and phone numbers.

That email appears to be part of an advertisement placed on the purposely over the internet for the purposes of selling vacation time, rather than revelation of a private email.

To the people who insist WnK are up in arms about this I would like to understand what is going on in your head. No where was it said that either of them are upset or are taking action. So why this desire to paint William in particular as livid over this situation and some kind of bully?
As for just accepting this crap because they are rich and have nice lives, what is the deal with this mentality? Because someone has money they should just lie back and accept people using them and invading their lives? These are human beings not zoo animals! Not expressing opposition to such actions would come off as accepting them; and no matter what a few jealous magazine readers feel about my life of luxury, I would never accept being treated like an animal because people think I'm a celebrity.

On behalf of all zoo animals, I take offense. Is it okay for you to photograph me because I'm cute and not human? :eek:

There, I have removed the phone number and the end of the email address, will that do?

Surely you jest. I would never pass up an opportunity to snap a future Queen of England in a bikini, pregnant or not. I can't say that I would not offer it for sale, either.

If we can't be honest, we can't be anything.

Poor you KittyAtlanta - seems your post has brought a bit of Forum "heat" your way.

I'm with you and would snap off a few photos if I was in a situation to do so.

(I have many "exclusive"photos of CP Mary of Denmark, taken by me, from her last visit - one of them is my avatar.)

But when I went to see Prince William, in Sydney before his wedding, I didn't bother to take my camera.

That was a bit silly really, as much to my amazement, I was able to watch his entire speech with no-one around me and with a totally unobscured view.

I found a position on a small rise just behind the two tents that had been put up to block the un-paying/un-invited masses away from the function he was attending.

All the other "masses" crowded up outside where he had gone in.

Which brings up the security issues some have raised, as in this case - (it was outdoors and he faced me the entire time and I was close enough to hear every word of his speech) - if I had been a different kind of person, there was a ten or so minute opportunity with no security or police around.

I think this must have been some kind of failing, as there were certainly a lot of obvious security agents swarming about as he entered and then as he left.

I sat on the grass amongst them as they milled about after he was driven away, so I think they just didn't realise this vunerability, and were concentrating on watching those people who attended and were in the closed off area with him.

Anyway, happy to admit I will be skipping down to my corner store Monday morning to buy the "Woman's Day".

I've got the "Honeymoon" issue, so will stash the "Babymoon" issue with it.

This is such a long post, but want to say I found a "New Idea" I had still, with Princess Beatrice of York on the cover - two photos in swimsuits, before and after her weight loss, with four pages inside, three of which are just photos of her on holiday in her swim-wear.

Also want to say I wasn't offended by your use of "shut up" Duke of Marmalade - normal everyday expression here - totally inter-changeable with "they should keep quiet", "they should not draw attention to" etc.

Best Wishes Fellow Posters, Sun Lion. :royalguard::royalguard::royalguard:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom