William, Catherine and Family: Annual Holiday to Mustique (2012-2015, 2018-2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that the press can be solely blamed for the mob mentality we saw in action after Diana's death. It was very disturbing, but it has been known before; it's a dark side of human nature. Diana had become larger than life: a sort of goddess, and she was worshipped as such. It was a complicated phenomenon with many contributing factors, but I can't blame the press alone. The press wasn't the reason people started leaving flowers outside KP, and it wasn't the reason people were criticising the RF for staying in Scotland. The press wasn't the reason those people called out to William and Harry when they were doing that walkabout. That was PR exercise on the part of the RF, to appease the mob, and IMO it was appalling to have subjected them to it.

The press photographers only make money because people buy the magazines. I blame "the people" as much as, if not more than, the press. And Diana herself had a lot to do with it, since she played games with the press. She had her pets and initiated contact and manipulated her publicity to a certain extent, and when the relationship turned sour she suffered. Once she'd opened that stable door and that horse could not be put back in.

And she would not have been chased that fatal night if she had not run; there was no need for them to have left that hotel that night.

If William and Kate insist on going to places such as Mustique, they are going to be photographed. The more they complain about it, the more tempting it's going to be to find them and photograph them. It's got a lot to do with the challenge and the thrill of the chase.

I hope William steps back and considers their situation objectively, and to do that he has to look beyond his own experiences as Diana's son. I hope he takes advice and doesn't just dig his heels in and act out of emotion. But he is his mother's son, and Diana wasn't known for taking advice from people who gave advice she didn't like.

Great post, Roslyn. I completely agree with you.

And about the photoshoot again, even if they have tried it in the past and the press didn't respect it, as cepe said, the press seems to be changing at least a bit after the levenson inquiry. For a better relationship between W&H and the press, both sides have to change their ways and give steps forward in the deal. In recent times, the british press has given some: in both times Harry went to Afghanistan, the british press respected their deals, the Vegas photos were not published (except from the sun) as well as pap pictures of the three in their daily lives have not been published. The british press seems to have learnt a bit from the past and seems willing to start a new relationship, maybe it's time for William and Harry to start to put the past behind their backs.
Given this, the photoshoots could be tried again even if just as an experiment: if it doesn't work, it doesn't and the photoshoots stop.
But the foreign press would still be a problem and dificult to control when you holiday abroad. Either they accept this or starting to holiday at home is a good move

Funny how so many seem to expect members of the Royal Family to put in a full 8 hour day opening and dedicating and appearing at all sorts of events. Except for Royal Tours and other PUBLIC appearances which are paid from the Civil Lists, the Duchess is not receiving any funds from the civil list or tax payers. So if she wants to sit home and knit booties until the birth of her first child, that is her prerogative. If she want to spend the majority of her time raising her children instead of competing with Princess Royal on number of public engagements, that is her prerogative.

So if she wants to sit home and knit booties until the birth of her first child, that is her prerogative. If she want to spend the majority of her time raising her children instead of competing with Princess Royal on number of public engagements, that is her prerogative.

Yep. She's married to a man who is extremely wealthy - due to inherited money, not his own efforts - and she has no need to work at all. But if she does exercise her right to sit at home making booties, she's not going to earn herself any respect or do the future of the RF much good. It's not as though her performance to date has demonstrated she is a woman with a strong work ethic who is entitled to be cut a bit of slack now she is pregnant and suffering illness because of it. She is hardly a role model for modern teenage girls.

And yes, my opinion has changed a little since I posted about her work ethic a few days ago. This is primarily because I have just read another post summarising her (known) work history to date, and it is not good.

Last edited:
Apparently the Italian magazine 'Chi' will publish the photos of William and Kate in Mustique. SJP have issued a statement about it.

The magazine apparently has a photo of Kate, in her bikini with her baby bump showing, on its front cover.

Last edited:
Apparently the Italian magazine 'Chi' will publish the photos of William and Kate in Mustique. SJP have issued a statement about it.

The magazine apparently has a photo of Kate, in her bikini with her baby bump showing, on its front cover.

I've not been able to find anything whatsoever on this for either Chi magazine or St. James palace. Where did you find this information?

It was just discussed on Sky News. 'Chi' is the same magazine in Italy who published the photos of Kate topless last year.

Correction - SJP's statement hasn't been released just yet, apparently, but will be imminently.

Statement says the decision to publish the photos is "a clear breach of the couple's right to privacy" and that they're "disappointed that photographs of TRH look likely to be published overseas".

I'm hoping that means they won't be published in the UK.

It was just discussed on Sky News. 'Chi' is the same magazine in Italy who published the photos of Kate topless last year.

Correction - SJP's statement hasn't been released just yet, apparently, but will be imminently.

Ahhh thanks!! I remember Chi from the topless pictures and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they do publish the pictures. I wouldn't be surprised either if legal action is taken against Chi either.

Stick with TRF! Sometimes we find out things before they even go viral! Gotta love it! :D

I am never a fan of intrusive pictures, and I certainly had a degree of sympathy for Catherine when pictures of her from Frrance were published. However, I think it would be very naive of William and Catherine to complain should any pictures of her in a bikini were to now be published. They know from experience that there is a reasonable chance that a long lens will be on the lookout for Catherine, so if you really do not want to be pictured in a bikini, do not step out in one!

That said, I do not buy the argument of the pictures being in public interest - they are not, IMO! It is just an attempt by a paparazzi photographer to make some money.

I think the media have to get out of the habit of violating peoples privacy for a quick buck. I don't care if they are celebrities, royalty or regular people from down the street. We have to learn to respect each others right to privacy.

I am never a fan of intrusive pictures, and I certainly had a degree of sympathy for Catherine when pictures of her from Frrance were published. However, I think it would be very naive of William and Catherine to complain should any pictures of her in a bikini were to now be published. They know from experience that there is a reasonable chance that a long lens will be on the lookout for Catherine, so if you really do not want to be pictured in a bikini, do not step out in one!

That said, I do not buy the argument of the pictures being in public interest - they are not, IMO! It is just an attempt by a paparazzi photographer to make some money.

I agree, I certainly don't wait with baited breath for Catherine bikini photos, I have better things to do.

Here we go folks....

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
St James's Palace:"We are disappointed that photographs of the Duke and Duchess on a private holiday look likely to be published overseas."

The palace adds:" This is a clear breach of the couple’s right to privacy.”

Here we go folks....

St James's Palace:"We are disappointed that photographs of the Duke and Duchess on a private holiday look likely to be published overseas."

The palace adds:" This is a clear breach of the couple’s right to privacy.”

I agree, I wouldn't want my photos of vacations published. Why do people want to see boring pics of a couple on vacation anyway??? Good Lord, that's not news.

If the photos are going for $400,000 Australian, in just one media market, you can see the attraction paparazzi have in violating the privacy of individuals. There's a really, really big carrot and not enough stick.

If the photos are going for $400,000 Australian, in just one media market, you can see the attraction paparazzi have in violating the privacy of individuals. There's a really, really big carrot and not enough stick.

Do they really go for that much???? Wow, I did not know that. Holy moly!!!

@SkyNewsRoyal: #royal #Chi magazine in Italy plans to publish pregnant #Kate holiday bikini photos #mustique http://t.co/3BSigyzU

@BBCBreaking: St James's Palace condemns plans by Italian gossip magazine to publish pictures of the Duchess of Cambridge on a private holiday

I'm sure the royal couple and palace may be disappointed with the publishing of the pictures but I'm not sure if they will legally do much about it.

I think in order to have a totally private holiday anywhere, they're going to have to book a trip to the International Space Station via Virgin Galactic. Even then, they'd have to keep their guard up because they'd not be totally alone up there.

I think in order to have a totally private holiday anywhere, they're going to have to book a trip to the International Space Station via Virgin Galactic. Even then, they'd have to keep their guard up because they'd not be totally alone up there.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm sure the royal couple and palace may be disappointed with the publishing of the pictures but I'm not sure if they will legally do much about it.
I think they know that. The mentioned the international press so this statement is like an indirect thank you to the British press for not publishing. :flowers:

Unfortunately I just saw the cover/photos on my tumblr dashboard. It's too bad that they weren't able to have a peaceful holiday without the paps stalking them.

As I predicted a few days ago alas I think my post was deleted. A foreign magazine will publish the pics with a front cover. sigh! But to be honest I am not sure if W+K will ever be left alone by the press. They sure deserve it but I think privacy is an illusion in their case.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I just saw the cover/photos on my tumblr dashboard. It's too bad that they weren't able to have a peaceful holiday without the paps stalking them.

So have I and it's so far away you can't even tell if it's them. Also - no bump.

I actually see a bump. At least in the photo of her turned sideways..it's small, but it's definitely a bump. She's only 4 months, so I don't expect it to be huge yet.

Since the cover image is so small, it's hard to tell it's them, but I imagine they may be more recognizable when the full size (and other pictures) are released.

Pictures of Duchess of Cambridge on holiday in a bikini are published by Chi magazine | Mail Online

:sleeping:It must be a stressful life to be disappointed about yet another breach of privacy. Sometimes I am wondering what planet Wills and Kate are living on. They are not Joe Average and will get photographed whenever they are outside. Its a fact and no outcry, gentlemen's agreement or whatever will change that since they are money-producing A-class celebrities for those who don't give a hoot about monarchy.

They live the high life and have enormous privileges and they happen to pay a price for it which is lack of privacy. You can't have it all, can you. Good luck if they plan to go on complaining for the rest of their lives, I'd wish them not to get bitter but I guess they already are. It would be healthier to accept the unavoidable and move on.

oh and I forgot to say - what about covering up if you dont want to reveal your bump to the paps. But no, their logic is to take off clothes or wear a bikini showing a bump first and then cry "privacy" instead of preventing whatever they don't want to be printed in the papers in the first place. They might feel entitled to do it this way but - reality check - we are not living in la-la land.

Last edited:
Pictures of Duchess of Cambridge on holiday in a bikini are published by Chi magazine | Mail Online

:sleeping:It must be a stressful life to be disappointed about yet another breach of privacy. Sometimes I am wondering what planet Wills and Kate are living on. They are not Joe Average and will get photographed whenever they are outside. Its a fact and no outcry, gentlemen's agreement or whatever will change that since they are money-producing A-class celebrities for those who don't give a hoot about monarchy.

They live the high life and have enormous privileges and they happen to pay a price for it which is lack of privacy. You can't have it all, can you. Good luck if they plan to go on complaining for the rest of their lives, I'd wish them not to get bitter but I guess they already are. It would be healthier to accept the unavoidable and move on.

So she can never walk on a beach again in swimwear? Cannot bathe in the sea?
And neither, it seems can her sister! I think the world has gone mad.

also I don't think they live the high life, they pay a lot of money for privacy when on holiday and it's hasn't worked. Otherwise it's been a house on Anglesey for a number of years.

oh and I forgot to say - what about covering up if you dont want to reveal your bump to the paps. But no, their logic is to take of clothes or wear a bikini showing a bump first and then cry "privacy". They might feel entitled to do it this way but were are not living in la-la land.

Isn't the point of vacationing where they are to wear a bathing suit? She should go out in a bathrobe?

I don't think TRH will get too bent out of shape over the photos. I'm guessing they will move on. I think they are right to be disappointed by the photos produced.

I think they knew pictures would be produced but I applaud them for standing up for their rights to some privacy. They may not legally do anything about these pictures but I just think the paps need to back off. They will get their pictures when the royal couple go out on their official engagements.

Then again, I think at some point privacy will become a thing of the past. Royal or not, I think the world is changing for the worst in many ways and we'll all miss our private lives.

Last edited:

also I don't think they live the high life, they pay a lot of money for privacy when on holiday and it's hasn't worked. Otherwise it's been a house on Anglesey for a number of years.

I agree, I don't care one way or another, but no matter what these two do people will find something to complain about. I do not understand why. It seems petty to me.

of course she can. but there will be photos, we've been here before. time to move on instead of all these clarence house statements about their disappointment. its like a broken record.

pippa has been courting the photographers whenever out and about so no surprise here and thankfully she has her own thread for discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom