William, Catherine and Family: Annual Holiday to Mustique (2012-2015, 2018-2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GOOD LORD! Will these 2 come home and do something quick so this rant about the holiday can be forgotten?
What's Lupo been up to?

Don't encourage the trolls, Xenia! Next thing we know there'll be articles on the DM, quickly followed by the usual suspects here, suggesting that Lupo is neglected and/or only trotted out for some good PR.

Mustique is probably the best place the Cambridges can go for a holiday. It's a private island and photographers are not allowed to come ashore; which means the very few photos we've seen of them while in Mustique are so blurry that no paper would run them. We tend to see photos only when they leave the island to get their plane home.

Think about it - they got no privacy in a large private estate in France, none on their honeymoon in the Seychelles, none on their holiday in Ibiza several years ago. Unless they hole themselves up at Balmoral or Sandringham, they can't get any break from the press. Other royals can go on holiday in the US or Asia etc. and not be recognised. Will and Kate don't have that luxury.

So the photos are apparently legit though they were first thought to be from years ago. Her bump is apparently clearly visible in the shots
Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor The Sunday People has chosen not to view the pictures and, like the rest of the British media, will not publish them.
Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor
Baby bump Kate hols pics are likely to spark a bidding war in the US, Australia and Europe - but unlikely to be published in the UK.
Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor Other pics taken on Will & Kate Mustique holiday are understood to feature her sister Pippa in a bikini.
The new pictures show Kate, 31, walking in the surf with her husband Prince William on hols in Mustique.

So the photos are apparently legit though they were first thought to be from years ago. Her bump is apparently clearly visible in the shots
Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor The Sunday People has chosen not to view the pictures and, like the rest of the British media, will not publish them.
Baby bump Kate hols pics are likely to spark a bidding war in the US, Australia and Europe - but unlikely to be published in the UK.
Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor Other pics taken on Will & Kate Mustique holiday are understood to feature her sister Pippa in a bikini.
The new pictures show Kate, 31, walking in the surf with her husband Prince William on hols in Mustique.

I feel sorry for them

:previous:
So do I. Regardless of my opinion of the trip itself, it's still an invasion of privacy at a time and in a place where they had reasonable expectations of privacy.
I am glad the UK media at least won't be publishing the pictures.

For the longest time I've thought that if they disappeared for a while then perhaps media furor would die down but it's obvious that won't be happening. So now I'm thinking that it may be they have to go the other direction. So much over-saturation that everyone gets sick and tired of them and then finally leaves them alone. I'm talking Kardashian levels of always being around. (I don't know what the European equivalent is of the idiot Kardashians but needless to say if I never see any of that family again I will not get misty-eyed.) Bless them, they just can't win for losing.

For the longest time I've thought that if they disappeared for a while then perhaps media furor would die down but it's obvious that won't be happening. So now I'm thinking that it may be they have to go the other direction. So much over-saturation that everyone gets sick and tired of them and then finally leaves them alone. I'm talking Kardashian levels of always being around. (I don't know what the European equivalent is of the idiot Kardashians but needless to say if I never see any of that family again I will not get misty-eyed.) Bless them, they just can't win for losing.

I actually don't think that would work in their case either. Too much interest. They really just have to cope as best they can, and try to be as private as possible. Their time in Anglesy is relatively private which is excellent for them, and after that, they'll have to rely on time at remote country retreats.

That's a good theory, COESpiral, over-saturation so everyone won't even give them a second glance! If you can't fight them, join them. But I think Kate-mania has entrenched itself too deeply among the public now for this tactic to be successful.

That's a good theory, COESpiral, over-saturation so everyone won't even give them a second glance! If you can't fight them, join them. But I think Kate-mania has entrenched itself too deeply among the public now for this tactic to be successful.

Yup, it would just feed it. Honestly, that's a lesson that's been learned from the past- that the assumption it would eventually die down was a false one.

I think that's probably directly influenced the current strategy of very carefully controlling their media appearances as much as possible.

But I think Kate-mania has entrenched itself too deeply among the public now for this tactic to be successful.

Yeah, I know. :sad: I just want there to be some kind of sensible middle ground so they won't have to spend their lives always looking over their shoulder. It's one thing to be royal and all the responsibilities and expectations associated with that but no one can live under a microscope 24/7. Everyone's got to have space to de-stress or your mental health will deteriorate.

I am so sorry they got screwed by the media again. This really will never end, and I'm ashamed my country will probably be one of the ones with these pix on their mag covers.
As for privacy, it appears there are never any pix of them in Anglessey? Is that right? If so instead of leaving home, they should just hang out there.

I'd be surprised if they didn't think this could happen.

LaRae

Most likely they knew this would happen. They don't like it but I do think they know some pictures could get out.

And you know what will be next...pics of Diana in the same state side by side with those of Katherine.

They are going to have to go to a totally private location (what's that private island owned by the guy who owns the airlines where Diana took the boys?), make agreements with the press for a photo session if they leave them alone the rest of the time.

LaRae

I am so sorry they got screwed by the media again. This really will never end, and I'm ashamed my country will probably be one of the ones with these pix on their mag covers.
As for privacy, it appears there are never any pix of them in Anglessey? Is that right? If so instead of leaving home, they should just hang out there.

pictures have got out - Catherine out with the scouts; walking on the beach with William; shopping at Tesco's (food supermarket); walking on beach with Pippa.

I can't imagine having zero hope of privacy.

I think the only hope is to stay at Balmoral or Sandringham; or go to PoW place in Transylvania. Or maybe buying somewhere private. The trouble is there is a market for the pix and people can be bought.

And you know what will be next...pics of Diana in the same state side by side with those of Katherine.

They are going to have to go to a totally private location (what's that private island owned by the guy who owns the airlines where Diana took the boys?), make agreements with the press for a photo session if they leave them alone the rest of the time.

LaRae

I believe you're thinking of Richard Branson's Necker Island. Even that isn't totally private as for the right price, anyone can holiday there I believe. Sadly, I don't believe there is much they really can do to keep the hounds at bay. Whenever there is a big demand for "scoop" pictures, there'll be those that will cross any kind of line to get them.

This is when the BRF need to cut the UK press some slack. These pix will not be published by the UK national press. Same thing happened with the French piux.

I think that now is the time to enter into an agreement with the UK press for picture opportunities and formal pix release. Get the UK media to help them (if possible). This may not work but surely its worth a try.

William (and Harry) should realise that not all of the press are the same and generally slagging off the press is a bad idea. I am not advocating the path that Diana took which was to make friends with some of the press reporters and photographers - I mean media owners and a formal arrangement. Perhaps (over time) other media sources (say in Australia and Canada) could join in. It has to be cheaper than buying from a pap and that must be an incentive (she says hopefully with figures crossed.:unsure:

Yes that's it....from what I have read they used to go there because the media could not get on the island. How they dealt with it was to agree to a photo shoot with them playing about on the beach a couple times and the rest of the time they would give them privacy. I have no idea if the press would agree to that nowdays though.

LaRae

Yes that's it....from what I have read they used to go there because the media could not get on the island. How they dealt with it was to agree to a photo shoot with them playing about on the beach a couple times and the rest of the time they would give them privacy. I have no idea if the press would agree to that nowdays though.

LaRae

Unfortunately I don't think that would work anymore. When that sort of arrangement did work you needed fairly expensive cameras to get the scoop shots. Now all people need is a phone and no matter how good royal security is they are not going to be able to confiscate the phones of everyone on the island. What I mean is, there's no longer a 'paparazzi' to cut deals with it's everyone who's a potential paparazzo, other holiday makers, staff, everyone.

I honestly don't think there is a solution. As long as someone wants to see the photos someone, somewhere will pay for them.

Last edited:
Well, so much for a peaceful holiday. I really don't get why anyone needs to see pictures of famous people, pregnant or otherwise in a bikini. They're not on a public engagement, so why the intrusion. I understand the aspect of making a profit, but whatever happened to thinking about other people, and putting oneself in the other person's shoes? Disgraceful, really.

Didn't pictures come out last year of them walking on the beach aswell. :)

This is when the BRF need to cut the UK press some slack. These pix will not be published by the UK national press. Same thing happened with the French piux.

I think that now is the time to enter into an agreement with the UK press for picture opportunities and formal pix release. Get the UK media to help them (if possible). This may not work but surely its worth a try.

William (and Harry) should realise that not all of the press are the same and generally slagging off the press is a bad idea. I am not advocating the path that Diana took which was to make friends with some of the press reporters and photographers - I mean media owners and a formal arrangement. Perhaps (over time) other media sources (say in Australia and Canada) could join in. It has to be cheaper than buying from a pap and that must be an incentive (she says hopefully with figures crossed.:unsure:
Well they will always have that memory of their mother being chased to her death by paps. So it's no surprise the hostility towards the media. :ermm:

Well they will always have that memory of their mother being chased to her death by paps. So it's no surprise the hostility towards the media. :ermm:

I agree but there is a difference between paps who chase around to just get pix and newspaper owners who buy the pix. The BRF need to get along side the owners. And, difficult tho' it may be for them, William and Harry need to do this. Its not a pact with the devil. Or if it is, then better the devil you know.

It's just an idea - I can see the problems, but it might help.

I don't think in the Internet age even gentlemens agreements will work nowadays. All you need is a long lense from a boat and get lucky! :)

Why should they make deals with any of these people? Deals aren't going to stop these people from taking personal pix of them. Just because they won't be released in England doesn't change that they will be released on the Internet. And I don't see any hostility W or H has towards the media, what examples of this are there? I don't get the sense they are their fav people but I don't know about hostile.

Why should they make deals with any of these people? Deals aren't going to stop these people from taking personal pix of them. Just because they won't be released in England doesn't change that they will be released on the Internet. And I don't see any hostility W or H has towards the media, what examples of this are there? I don't get the sense they are their fav people but I don't know about hostile.

I'll try again. You cant make deals with the paps. - I think we agree on this.

However (just as an idea - don't bite my head off) its the owners that buy the pix. If the BRF did more offical picture shoots etc as the other royal families do, they could (possibly) reduce thge need for pap shots.

Its an IDEA! it has issues but why not think about it instead of just shooting it down.

Hostiliy to the media by William and Harry - well here in the UK it is known about mainly because of the treatment of Diana. As as example, how about Harry's recent comments.

I'll try again. You cant make deals with the paps. - I think we agree on this.

However (just as an idea - don't bite my head off) its the owners that buy the pix. If the BRF did more offical picture shoots etc as the other royal families do, they could (possibly) reduce thge need for pap shots.

Its an IDEA! it has issues but why not think about it instead of just shooting it down.

Hostiliy to the media by William and Harry - well here in the UK it is known about mainly because of the treatment of Diana. As as example, how about Harry's recent comments.

Again, making deals with the papers isn't going to make the photo taking cease. I believe no1 in the UK published those horrible pix of Kate last year but they were still published in other mags around the world and on the Internet. Are WnKnH supposed be give more photo ops just as a thank you to the British media?

OK, so the UK media can't publish the pictures, so they decided to write an article to inform everyone such pictures exist, describe some of the pictures to tempt consumers' appetite and generously "warn" those interested that these pictures will most likely be available in overseas publications.

WOW, how "honourable".

I don't think giving the media official photo shoots will reduce the number of pap shots. Diana used to make deals with the media, and she was still hounded on vacation and during her private time.

The only thing that would reduce pap shots, is if the public stopped buying the magazines or reading the sites that buy those type of photos.

Last edited:
I don't know if giving them official photo shoots will reduce the number of pap shots. Diana used to make deals with the media and she was still hounded on vacation and during her private time.

If Diana made deals and they still hounded her to death perhaps WnKnH are going a different route. I don't disagree wih the idea of them being kind and open to a select few who have proven to be honorable; but I definitely don't want to see them make buddy buddy with the mad mags out there jus in the hopes they will act civilized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom