William, Catherine and Family: Annual Holiday to Mustique (2012-2015, 2018-2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm they seemed rather sensitive to peoples suffering when they made a point of visiting burned out areas of your province when they were there in 2011 and when they visited areas of the Uk damaged by the riots.

And visiting the areas affected by Cyclone Yasi in FAQ

In this day and age, the Queen has no subjects and does not govern. And, monarchy is apparently on the decline... I would have thought their priority would be making sure that they are connected with their people and show empathy and understanding. Instead I am seeing more and more people react as Angieuk has because of their inability to monitor their timing and choices. It is devastating to watch the struggles going on at the moment. It is shocking to watch the RF not be sensitive enough to the suffering.

I ask again. Was it necessary to take such a luxurious break? What were they thinking?

Their PR machine must be frustrated, they would know this was going to be an issue. I hope they get huge salaries, they deserve it!!
Since the monarchy has record support. I think a poll during the Jubilee had it at 80% The highest it had been for a very long time. The average is between 60 to 75% support.

The reason that people (including the William and Kate) are not sensitive to other people's suffering is simply the fact that they don't care.

I think that's a little harsh. Evidence from those who have met them suggests otherwise. I think this couple has a great deal of compassion, and just because they went on a holiday that the Middleton family takes every year doesn't mean they don't care about others. It's not their fault that there are those who are unemployed or living in poverty. People have to realize that in reality, no one is equal. There will always be someone who is more intelligent, more wealthy, has more opportunities, etc. That's how life works. I know that if I had the kinds of opportunities the Cambridges have in terms of travel and what not, I would take advantage of them at every possible moment. As has been pointed out, they're not full-time royals, so if they want to travel, and holiday in fancy resorts, that's their business. William is far from poor, so he can definitely use some of his inheritance for a trip with his wife and in-laws.

Didn't they take a vacation for a few days after their Asian tour last fall?

Also, FYI, disreputable websites which feature paid advertisements with blogs and social commentary DO have their employees and interns create personas, and then are told to make Iprovoking comments to stir up commentary and interest. My son had that experience.
I certainly would not be surprised if on line tabloids did the same.

Since the monarchy has record support. I think a poll during the Jubilee had it at 80% The highest it had been for a very long time. The average is between 60 to 75% support.

I was referring to their loss of power and influence. Corrosion of entitlements, etc. However I also see decline with regards to the Commonwealth.

Should have explained myself better.:zen:

Not to detract from the ongoing discussion on whether or not a vacation is appropriate at this time for Will and Kate, I am wondering what their response is going to be for the people in and around the Solomon Islands they visited last year after the recent earthquake and devastating tsunami that followed.

Will and Kate really seemed to enjoy their time there and the people they met so naturally I thought of them when I first heard the news on this earthquake. Hopefully we'll get an announcement of some kind.

Not to detract from the ongoing discussion on whether or not a vacation is appropriate at this time for Will and Kate, I am wondering what their response is going to be for the people in and around the Solomon Islands they visited last year after the recent earthquake and devastating tsunami that followed.

Will and Kate really seemed to enjoy their time there and the people they met so naturally I thought of them when I first heard the news on this earthquake. Hopefully we'll get an announcement of some kind.

Same thing w/me when I heard the news last night. I'm sure we'll be hearing something soon.

I agree with, Zonk. I think we all just need to calm down. There are several royals who are on or are going on vacation. They all have been busy and they want to take some time to be with their families. There's nothing wrong with that.

Also, I do think it's very important to point out that the royals do care about those who are less fortunate. They lend their royal patronage to countless charities and organizations that deal with the poor, hungry and sick. They're not dissing or ignoring those who have very little by going on these vacations. They're vacations may be on the expensive side but it does not mean they don't care about others who are struggling.

I agree, when the news about the earthquake and tsunami in the Solomon Islands, I thought about the Cambridge's tour and I hope The Queen send them a message of their thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:
If I remember well Charles and Diana took a holiday to the Caribbean when Diana was pregnant with William ( remember the infamous photos of Diana in her pink bikini) and I don't remember any furore at the time so I am not sure why there is one now.

If I remember well Charles and Diana took a holiday to the Caribbean when Diana was pregnant with William ( remember the infamous photos of Diana in her pink bikini) and I don't remember any furore at the time so I am not sure why there is one now.

Diana, my mother tells me, worked hard all the way up to her children's birth and was even photographed sleeping at an event :sleep:.

She was also a different generation and very young so I think folks "cut her some slack" (and there is no way I am letting my Mom see this last paragraph!):shifty:

Diana had a difficult time during her pregnacies but she was also The Princess of Wales (fulltime) and she was pushed to do a great deal. While pregnant, Diana often appeared glum and making those public appearences while in those conditions weren't easy for her.

Diana, my mother tells me, worked hard all the way up to her children's birth and was even photographed sleeping at an event :sleep:.

She was also a different generation and very young so I think folks "cut her some slack" (and there is no way I am letting my Mom see this last paragraph!):shifty:

The event she fell asleep at was very early in her pregnancy- it's actually what prompted the pregnancy announcement, much like Kate's hospitalization is what prompted hers.

And also at around the six or seventh month, doctors ordered Diana to take time away and rest. Charles took her to his Property in Cornwall for a few weeks away from all of the media pressure, which is what was part of why the Doctors ordered her to rest.

Okay...We've had postings about entitlement, how "uncaring" the Cambridges are, how lazy they are and now we're at the comparing this to the Diana years. I think this topic has officially been flogged enough IMO. *sarcasm*

And also at around the six or seventh month, doctors ordered Diana to take time away and rest. Charles took her to his Property in Cornwall for a few weeks away from all of the media pressure, which is what was part of why the Doctors ordered her to rest.

Okay...We've had postings about entitlement, how "uncaring" the Cambridges are, how lazy they are and now we're at the comparing this to the Diana years. I think this topic has officially been flogged enough IMO. *sarcasm*

I think we still have to go through "the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh were working parents who didn't see their young children often, what can't the Cambridges do the same" comments

Molly2101 said:
I think that people are just complaining because Catherine does not work as a full-time Royal, nor does she work at any other profession. This then comes across to the public, who are not necessarily huge followers of the Royal family, that she is lazy and does not do anything thus not "earning her money from taxes". I don't AGREE with this fact, but I can see why the public would think she is lazy.

I don't think Kate could still work for jigsaw if she was living in Anglessey. I'm my dream world would Kate have a full time job, yes. I don't know where she could work in Anglessey, perhaps a library or museum. But it's Kate's desire to be a housewife. I tend to assume that these vacations are not for Kate but are for William and as his wife she of course is going as well.
The same people complaining this time will continue to complain their next vacation, ignoring that they are not the only ones on vacation and that William does have a job that he might need some relief from.

Last edited:

Diana didn't work hard all the way to her children's births, that's just one of those myths that gets perpetuated. The Court Circular is the official record of all the engagements the royals carry out. So checking the 1981 and early 1982 Court Circular one can see that Diana actually didn't work much more than Kate is currently. Diana married in July, she didn't actually do any engagements until the official trip to Wales Oct 28 to 30th. (Charles meanwhile undertook some official engagements on his own in September.)

She then did intake official engagements in November including the one where photographed she looked asleep. (She was actually looking down in the photo, it's quite a famous one as she's wearing a real 'fairytale princess dress'. Some people interpreted the photo as Diana being bored to tears.)

December she undertook Christmas engagement such as attending carol services. In January she did one engagement (Kate also did one engagement in January) Two in February, then the 16th she and Charles went to Barbados (where the pregnancy photos were taken) until the end of the month.

March she did 5 engagements and then April went on maternity leave.

Diana didn't take on her first official patronage until 1983 (the Junior British Red Cross).

Not a lot of research seems to go on by various people when wanting to be critical of Kate and the amount of engagements she's undertaking. In actual fact it's comparable to Diana's. The then Princess Elizabeth with her first 2 pregnancies did no official engagements, there are no photos of her pregnant. As Queen though with her younger 2 she did.

Thank you Charlotte 1 for the facts. I do remember all of Diana's engagements you mention , especially the "princess dress" and did not recall her working too much till after the children were born.
They had a very long honeymoon but had several photocalls
My feeling is that the complaining about Kate is simply the lack of photocalls, the public appetite seems to demand it and keeps the hounds at bay.

There were more photos of Diana. She was frequently seen watching Prince Charles play polo. It gives the impression that she was doing more engagements.

Thank you Charlotte 1 for the facts. I do remember all of Diana's engagements you mention , especially the "princess dress" and did not recall her working too much till after the children were born.
They had a very long honeymoon but had several photocalls
My feeling is that the complaining about Kate is simply the lack of photocalls, the public appetite seems to demand it and keeps the hounds at bay.
Then people complain about her being in the news too much. She never wins. :lol:

Diana didn't work hard all the way to her children's births, that's just one of those myths that gets perpetuated. The Court Circular is the official record of all the engagements the royals carry out. So checking the 1981 and early 1982 Court Circular one can see that Diana actually didn't work much more than Kate is currently. Diana married in July, she didn't actually do any engagements until the official trip to Wales Oct 28 to 30th. (Charles meanwhile undertook some official engagements on his own in September.)

She then did intake official engagements in November including the one where photographed she looked asleep. (She was actually looking down in the photo, it's quite a famous one as she's wearing a real 'fairytale princess dress'. Some people interpreted the photo as Diana being bored to tears.)

December she undertook Christmas engagement such as attending carol services. In January she did one engagement (Kate also did one engagement in January) Two in February, then the 16th she and Charles went to Barbados (where the pregnancy photos were taken) until the end of the month.

March she did 5 engagements and then April went on maternity leave.

Diana didn't take on her first official patronage until 1983 (the Junior British Red Cross).

Not a lot of research seems to go on by various people when wanting to be critical of Kate and the amount of engagements she's undertaking. In actual fact it's comparable to Diana's. The then Princess Elizabeth with her first 2 pregnancies did no official engagements, there are no photos of her pregnant. As Queen though with her younger 2 she did.

Diana was 20 years old, suffering from bulimia, and a not very caring husband! In spite if all this, she DID have a work ethic that started before she married lasted al her life.

Diana was 20 years old, suffering from bulimia, and a not very caring husband! In spite if all this, she DID have a work ethic that started before she married lasted al her life.

Diana did what she had to do as Princess of Wales and fulltime royal. Her pregnancies weren't an easy situtation for her though.

Catherine isn't in the same position as Diana was at the time.

Going back to the Summer Paralympics, the closing ceremony was on September 9th in the evening. Their tour starts on September 11th. Doesn't it half a day ore more to flight from London to Singapore?

Going back to the Summer Paralympics, the closing ceremony was on September 9th in the evening. Their tour starts on September 11th. Doesn't it half a day ore more to flight from London to Singapore?

Takes approx 12 hours and 46 minutes no stops.

The point with the paralympics is that they were ambassadors of it, thus expected to attend some events. And they did just a few and then stoped because suposedly WIlliam was at work and then it turned out they were in France for a holiday.
I'm sure that if they attended more events and then couldn't be at the closing ceremony because of their tour, people would be fine with it. Or if William was at work too.
What went wrong was saying that he was working and then find out they were holidaying.

And that leads us again to their "timing" and comunication problems.

The point with the paralympics is that they were ambassadors of it, thus expected to attend some events. And they did just a few and then stoped because suposedly WIlliam was at work and then it turned out they were in France for a holiday.
I'm sure that if they attended more events and then couldn't be at the closing ceremony because of their tour, people would be fine with it. Or if William was at work too.
What went wrong was saying that he was working and then find out they were holidaying.

Call me naive, but Queen Elizabeth does not seem the type of person to put up with much nonsense within her family. I know I wouldn't want to cross her!!!! And I adore her LOL

How do you know he didn't go to work? The paralympics was lasted like 2 weeks. They spend 3 days in France.

When they said he was working, Catherine was at the paralympics events

How many events did Harry go to during the paralympics? iirc Kate went to more than William and Harry

Last edited:
He could be at work when Kate was the paralympics, but it seems he had some time off which he used for taking a holiday instead of appearing at the paralympics, of which he was an ambassador too (not just kate).
It's thing like these that lead to the perception that they put other things above their duty sometimes. For those who don't follow the royal family so closely as us in the forum and so don't bother to count every day they attended the paralympics plus days of holidays, etc etc and puzzle it all together to see if there is anything that doesn't fit, the message this people got was "There was an event they were expected to attend, they said they couldn't because of work and then they were on holidays". For people who don't follow every activity of the royal family the message was that they missed work to take a holiday and lied about it. That's the problem of the timing of their holidays

He could be at work when Kate was the paralympics, but it seems he had some time off which he used for taking a holiday instead of appearing at the paralympics, of which he was an ambassador too (not just kate).
It's thing like these that lead to the perception that they put other things above their duty sometimes. For those who don't follow the royal family so closely as us in the forum and so don't bother to count every day they attended the paralympics plus days of holidays, etc etc and puzzle it all together to see if there is anything that doesn't fit, the message this people got was "There was an event they were expected to attend, they said they couldn't because of work and then they were on holidays". For people who don't follow every activity of the royal family the message was that they missed work to take a holiday and lied about it. That's the problem of the timing of their holidays

I do not quite understand the ballyhoo over this subject

Saying they couldn't because of prior engagement (which is a broad terms) is not the same as saying they couldn't because of work. And other than the people on the forum and the media. I doubt the public is keeping an agenda of what they are doing.

I don't see what the problem is with the timing of their holidays. Someone is always going to find a problem with it, even when the Queen is hold up at Balmoral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom