Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: September 2012-February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least they didn't give that piece of trash the title: "How Wills stole christmas". LOL.:lol:

Yup, looks like a petty revenge article- the press is getting irked at how limited their access to Kate is.

I expected that to happen after Christmas photo debacle.

That article is so silly. Since those movies aren't even on dvd yet, how were they able to get a copy of Twilight one hour before the screening? And there is no way that the Queen would let William or anyone else ruin movie night for her staff.

But here's where the article falls apart. The staff were supposedly looking forward to watching the movie with the Queen and the rest of the royals, yet the article states that the family were at a BBQ. So did the Royals blow them off? Why weren't the staff disappointed that the Queen and the other royals didn't show up? Why place the blame solely on William?

The whole article sounds completely made up. I mean, Twilight...really?

Last edited:
Camilla Tominey, the woman who wrote an article about how not knowing a dog names was this century equivalent of the abdication crisis.

Last year she said that the Cambridge and the Midds were in Scotland with Charles for New Year (Her social climber article), she doesn't know what she's talking about

Camilla Tominey, the woman who wrote an article about how not knowing a dog names was this century equivalent of the abdication crisis.

Last year she said that the Cambridge and the Midds were in Scotland with Charles for New Year (Her social climber article), she doesn't know what she's talking about
You are right:flowers:
She's always fancying stories.
They were in Bucklebury for the New Year and there are pics to prove it

I remember one of the interviews the Duke of Edinburgh gave on his 90th bday and the interviewer asked him what he thinks about the press coverage the Royal Family receives, and basically the Duke said the press in Britain is free and they're going to print whatever they like so you can't live your life worrying about the tabloids. He said you just to live your life and allow the public to decide what is fair and what isn't.
I think William realises this as well and isn't going to be held hostage by the tabloids.

Last edited:
Maybe the next story will be that they had a Rave at BP on New Year's Eve.

The article was written by Camilla Tominey and not Richard Palmer. Anyone who reads the Express will know why she has an axe to grind. ;)

I'm and American and don't catch all of your papers and such online. Why does she have an axe to grind? Just curious...

I'm and American and don't catch all of your papers and such online. Why does she have an axe to grind? Just curious...

Not a legitimate axe to grind. Camilla Tominey is the reporter the Express sends out to bash the Cambridges. She fills the role that Katie Nicholl and Amanda Platell fill at the Daily Mail.
Camilla Tominey is a closet republican and never passes up a chance to bash on William and Catherine. You would never see Richard Palmer write an article like this.

I wonder if Catherine is having cravings yet haha. I know I can eat cheddar everyday :lol:
Don't start me it's like my breakfast every single day. I love it actually I love any kind of cheese tbh. And considering my body has protein loss it's an even better excuse to have it:lol: So then looks like the couple went back to Berkshire well atleast they went and visited the rest of the family even if the stay was short.

ETA: It prob is Catherine check out this tweet

Jade Armitage ‏@jade_sinclair @cinnamonqueen88 seriously! 2 land rovers pulled up & she jumped out with a bodyguard, into the petrol station! She's beautiful.

Last edited:
I wonder if Catherine is having cravings yet haha. I know I can eat cheddar everyday :lol:

I always say there's not many foods that aren't improved by the addition of cheese or chocolate! :lol:

Hmmm...a few more digs at William & Kate in this Daily Mail article?

Fancy hat! Countess of Wessex sports oversized headwear as she accompanies the Queen to church at Sandringham | Mail Online

Well at least Sophie got to ride to church today with HM - so a tradition continues. :):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of curiosity, why does the press still call her Kate Middleton?

Yeah you would of thought after over a year they would get it right. :ROFLMAO:

Just out of curiosity, why does the press still call her Kate Middleton?
Tradition

Mary of Teck
Alexandra of Denmark
Anne Boleyn
Catherine of Aragon
Catherine Parr
Jane Seymour

Queens-consorts don't have regnal numbers for identification but they have maiden surnames or dynastic names.

Last edited:
Me too.
But then, I find it hard to believe that anyone wants to watch that! :whistling:

So true, watching the first movie in the Twilight series was enough for me. I'd definitely watch Skyfall for a second time over that!

:previous:

OK I'm getting persuaded. But her face looks so very thin.

Tradition

Mary of Teck
Alexandra of Denmark
Anne Boleyn
Catherine of Aragon
Catherine Parr
Jane Seymour

Queens-consorts don't have regnal numbers for identification but they have maiden surnames or dynastic names.

That is a very good point that I have never made. Most famous British women who married into the family are known by their birth names.

And I suppose another reason is that we knew Kate Middleton by that name for so long before her marriage that it's hard to break the habit, although a lot of people do take exception to referring to her by her maiden name. But some people are just more famous with their given names, as are the examples given by Spheno.

I also have to add Eleanor of Aquitaine to that list.

Last edited:
I think it is an article of revenge because of William's insistence that the tabloids don't publish pics of Catherine at the moment.

I doubt that unnamed "estate worker" has any insight into the decisions made at the main house. Probably they really changed the film but I doubt on William's orders, but maybe because they couldn't get the copy of Skyfall and had to take Twilight instead? But I can imagine that someone with no real knowledge might assume that it was because William had already seen Skyfall, then goes to the pub and blabbs to journalists who then write the story, which is published in order to show William what can happen if he doesn't give in to the media....
I don' t believe it. I think if the Queen had wanted to see Skyfall, then that is what would have been shown.

:previous:

OK I'm getting persuaded. But her face looks so very thin.
True but I'm thinking it's because the shot is taken from far away and in not the greatest quality as well as the fact she's prob lost some weight from the HG. I mean if she can't keep much down I wouldn't expect to see her gain much weight yet. I'm hoping it'll soon stop and she'll be able to enjoy the rest of the pregnancy. Cause I'm sure right now it's prob been nothing short of a nightmare. Or atleast that's how I'd feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom