Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: September 2012-February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if they were there then. Last year, they did Christmas at Sandrigham so it made sense for Kate to get New Year with her family. This year, since they were with her family for Christmas, I imagine it's more likely that they'll be with Charles and Camilla for New Year than it is that they'll head back to Bucklebiury.
probably you are right:flowers:

I'd be surprised if they were there then. Last year, they did Christmas at Sandrigham so it made sense for Kate to get New Year with her family. This year, since they were with her family for Christmas, I imagine it's more likely that they'll be with Charles and Camilla for New Year than it is that they'll head back to Bucklebiury.
It would be nice if you were on target with this. :)

Dealing only with the here and now of Charles and Camilla - most people describe Camilla as 'down to earth' when they meet her. That, coupled with the fact that both William and Harry think highly of their father, should make for a nice holiday season trifecta (Bucklebury for Kate's parents, Sandringham for the Royal Family, and Birkhall for William's father and his father's wife).

Last edited:
I would think that they would stay in the London area or Wales if Wills has to work . If Kate is still getting sick, you would not want to be in plane plus birkhall is pretty remote and could have bad weather in Scotland.

Kate's birthday is Jan 9 so they would probably have something with her family.

She isn't going to be drinking so, my vote would be KP snuggled with Wills & Lupo on New Years Eve.

If she's still so sick, maybe she would not want to have such a long trip. When I was sick in both my pregnancies i avoided it. And she was really brave to make a 3,5 hours journey to Sandringham!

I don't believe everything papers write - a lot of it is just made up stuff.

The Royal Family have regularly private viewings, even before films are in the cinema - not DVD but filmrols of course.

Last edited:
It's hard to believe it's true...

I disagree, it's quite easy to believe it's true. Like I said I only don't believe it because of the Twilight thing, William is not that stupid. :lol:

I think it is an article of revenge because of William's insistence that the tabloids don't publish pics of Catherine at the moment.

I doubt that unnamed "estate worker" has any insight into the decisions made at the main house. Probably they really changed the film but I doubt on William's orders, but maybe because they couldn't get the copy of Skyfall and had to take Twilight instead? But I can imagine that someone with no real knowledge might assume that it was because William had already seen Skyfall, then goes to the pub and blabbs to journalists who then write the story, which is published in order to show William what can happen if he doesn't give in to the media....

I think it is an article of revenge because of William's insistence that the tabloids don't publish pics of Catherine at the moment.

I doubt that unnamed "estate worker" has any insight into the decisions made at the main house. Probably they really changed the film but I doubt on William's orders, but maybe because they couldn't get the copy of Skyfall and had to take Twilight instead? But I can imagine that someone with no real knowledge might assume that it was because William had already seen Skyfall, then goes to the pub and blabbs to journalists who then write the story, which is published in order to show William what can happen if he doesn't give in to the media....

Agree, just a little payback from tabloids. Whenever the tabloids want to have a dig, they trot out the 'unnamed' sources.

This article is stupid a lot of rubbish.
Then, if it's true They acted just like little children

The article was written by Camilla Tominey and not Richard Palmer. Anyone who reads the Express will know why she has an axe to grind. ;)

Seriously? Twilight? I really can't see William wanting to watch Twilight.

Camilla Tominey is probably still pissed off about SJP not telling what the dog's name was when Will & Kate got Lupo. She wrote an article then blasting the cambridges then. I did like that Kate told a sick kid what the dog's name was instead of the press. The kid probably thought he was super special because he knew and the rest of the world didnt.

Camilla Tominey is the Express' resident 'bad cop' and her job is to bash the Cambridges. In fact she has never written a positive article about the couple. Think Amanda Platell at the DM.

Take everything Camilla Tominey writes with many grains of salt.

But to put this news on the front page is too extreme imo. I think express will be missing out on some important announcements from the royal couple in the near future.

Anyone with an ounce of critical thinking will realise William doesn't control anything at Sandringham.
The notion that William has the authority not to allow 100 staff to watch a movie because he has already seen it is laughable.
Just a silly tabloid article to wind up the Cambridge haters and to remind William the tabloid press in Britain is the real power in the country.

What a load of trash! I have a hard time bieving that he'd pull something like that. Llike someone said; the last minute switch could have come about for not being able to obtain the desired film. Plus, I do remember reading somewhere that those who work for royals are really not allowed to reveal a lot of information, so the reference to a 'unidentified source' is more than likely a cover-up for use of someone's rather overactive imagination and desire to give the couple a bad rep.

I don't have the history of reading British newspapers that some of you do, so I'm inclined to believe it when a number of you are posting that this is a payback article.

In any event, I have seen SkyFall and I'd see it again in a minute. And I can't see most people - including William - not wanting to see it a 2nd time, either.

The sad part of this is that there are many people who will believe this.

Anyone with an ounce of critical thinking will realise William doesn't control anything at Sandringham.
The notion that William has the authority not to allow 100 staff to watch a movie because he has already seen it is laughable.
Just a silly tabloid article to wind up the Cambridge haters and to remind William the tabloid press in Britain is the real power in the country.
You are right:flowers:it's just a silly tabloid article

Fortunately BP, KP or SJP does not feel the need to address these ridiculous things. You cannot have an argument with yourself. There is no tit for tat on this type of article. There put out there, the RF ignores it, and it goes away quickly.

Also, as we al know, the scheduling of events at Sandringham are planned weeks, if not months in advance. William undoubtably knew long ago that he would not be in that ballroom. It takes planning to have a bar b que for many of the royal family at another location. This was not a what are we going to do tonight event. The more you think about it, the less since it makes, not the opposite.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sad part of this is that there are many people who will believe this.

The British are well aware of how the tabloids operate. For the Cambridge haters, it gives them an opportunity to moan and whine in the comments section.

The next time the Cambridges make a public appearance and 1000s of people are cheering and waving, the tabloids will be right back to kissing the couple's feet.

Artilcles like that are just page fillers. The royal news is slow at the moment. The royals are away and resting up right now so the press decides to play around with the royal stories. The royals have been dealing with this stuff for years and they kinda expect it to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom