Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: September 2012-February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are tweets about Sandringham - and them not attending. Speculation I know ......

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter
@Caitlin5670 @iamraena All signs from royal sources point to William and Kate not going to Sandringham but we await official confirmation.

also

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter10h
@iamraena Well, if it is confirmed, it could be William is on duty. But they did let it be known they wouldn't go to granny's every year

I can understand them not going if William is on duty, I can't understand them not going if he isn't especially at Henry isn't going to be there.

But spending Christmas Day with her family - say alternating - is fair. It's actually what most of us do. It may be a step too far to invite the Middleton's to Sandringham

But spending Christmas Day with her family - say alternating - is fair. It's actually what most of us do. It may be a step too far to invite the Middleton's to Sandringham
I don't believe Middleton family will be at Sandringham:ermm: The duchess probably will spend Christmas with her family. altough I'd like to see her at Sandringham

Last edited:
It might be what most of US do, but isn't it tradition of the royal family to spend it all together? Does Sophie alternates? Do Charles and Camilla alternate? They may leave to be sometime with her children but they're always there. So unless Kate is feeling really bad due to HG (in which case I may understand Christmas with the RF can be stressfull) I see no reason to break traditions and spend Christmas with the Middletons

frankly most of the current "traditions" of the royal family started when the cameras rolled in and we created them.

Whatever happens, if its ok with HMQ its fine with me. If they go to Catherine's parents then there will be less opportunity for "bump watch" - which is becoming too much in my opinion.

Always a first time to break a tradition. Aren"t they trying very hard to include the Middleton"s in royal life.

It might be what most of US do, but isn't it tradition of the royal family to spend it all together? Does Sophie alternates? Do Charles and Camilla alternate? They may leave to be sometime with her children but they're always there. So unless Kate is feeling really bad due to HG (in which case I may understand Christmas with the RF can be stressfull) I see no reason to break traditions and spend Christmas with the Middletons
I believe they will be at Sandringham too:flowers: Sophie and Camilla don't alternate too. and do you remember Autumn last year? she was heavily pregnant and went there:) I do think Kate will travel by car to the church like the queen

Camilla leaves the afternoon of Christmas Day AFAIK to visit her family. Sophie doesn't alternate and neither do any other royal wives. I also expect, if she goes, Catherine will be in the car with The Queen and Sophie.

Camilla leaves the afternoon of Christmas Day AFAIK to visit her family. Sophie doesn't alternate and neither do any other royal wives. I also expect, if she goes, Catherine will be in the car with The Queen and Sophie.
Did Autumn travel by car last year? why does Sophie travel by car?

The Daily Mail is already up to their old tricks. IF W&C don't go to Sandringham, there will be the articles about 'The Middletons' running the show and that William's 'duty' is to be with the Windsors
As this isn't the thread for me to comment on Sophie's and Camilla's holiday itinerary, lets just say their own families are always involved during Christmas

The Daily Mail is already up to their old tricks. IF W&C don't go to Sandringham, there will be the articles about 'The Middletons' running the show and that William's 'duty' is to be with the Windsors
As this isn't the thread for me to comment on Sophie's and Camilla's holiday itinerary, lets just say their own families are always involved during Christmas
Do you think Kate will be at Sandringham this year?

Did Autumn travel by car last year? why does Sophie travel by car?

Autumn did not travel by car, she walked. Sophie travels with The Queen for company and has done so since 2001 I believe after her ectopic pregnancy incident.

If William isn't working, IMO they should be at Sandringham. If William is working I see Catherine going to her parents house because frankly that's where I imagine she'd feel most comfortable.

Last edited:
Autumn did not travel by car, she walked. Sophie travels with The Queen for company and has done so since 2001 I believe after her ectopic pregnancy incident.
ok, thank you:flowers: I think Autumn was really brave last year with such a huge bump

Autumn was around 6 months pregnant in December right? I remember Isla being born in March

I believe Sophie started riding with The Queen to church on Christmas when she was pregnant.

I too think we will see the Cambridges at Sandringham. I think William used work shifts when his fellow officers would take leave to be with their families. William is now married so I'm guessing he will have the time off. I have no doubt part of their Christmas will be spent with the Middletons, just like they did last year. That stuff is alright with The Queen.

Do you think Kate will be at Sandringham this year?

I do but she's pregnant and a couple quiet days at her parent's house is looking mighty attractive, especially if she is still having morning sickness.

Its much ado about nothing really. As if the Queen is demanding Catherine's presence on Christmas day lol

Didn't the Queen give a cottage to W&C on the Sandringham Estate? Couldn't the Middletons be planning Christmas there?

one of the issues with marrying into the royal family (in the past) has been the exclusion of the "spouses" family. What is the problem, at this stage of their role within the royal family, of William and Catherine, spending Christmas with her parents??

No problem apart from so called "tradition" which frankly has not helped the spouses of royals in the past. Its Christmas, she's pregnant, and there is room at ........... oops :)

Autumn was around 6 months pregnant in December right? I remember Isla being born in March
yes she was , baby Isla was born March 30 2012:flowers:

I believe they will join the royal family at Sandringham too

I wonder if we will have some pics of them arriving at the queen's christmas lunch tomorrow at BP... Just like last years.. do you remember? what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
i think they will go tomorow for The Queen's lunch, its not so formal as Sandringham. and as for the later, i still have mixed feelings, for one side i believe they will go, but on another i doubt too. so i will not be surprised if they go or not.
lets wait and see^^

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail The Duke and Duchess didn't ask for anything fussy, apparently - just the £30 Christmas menu of turkey and all the trimmings....
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
.....but they did hire a private room for their staff, appropriately called The Queen's Room, and dined under a portrait of granny!

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
Pregnant Kate stuck to soft drinks, unsurprisingly, but said she was feeling much better.Full story on http://www.dailymail.co.uk soon

Rosie Nixon ‏@Rosie_Nixon
Duke & Duchess of Cambridge enjoyed a Xmas lunch with the Household Cavalry in the aptly named Queen’s Room at Bumpkin in Notting Hill today

After having to spend today and some of tomorrow w/a Family Friend who I can only handle being around for short period of times to begin w/, and having to spend three hours in the same car w/her, I really needed a pick me up. Seeing that up there in bold more than provided that.

Fantastic news!!

I wonder if we will have some pics of them arriving at the queen's christmas lunch tomorrow at BP... Just like last years.. do you remember? what do you think?

Yup William will be at the wheel again. I remember the pics of him driving.
Not sure if there were photos from inside though?

Just give me lots of pics!! :lol:

Unless William is on duty in Wales, Sandringham offers considerably more privacy that the current Middleton home in Berkshire. Especially with Catherine being pregnant the press will be out looking for any possible photos of the "bump" and her family home is clearly visible from the road and long lense cameras wiould be out in full force.

Unless William is on duty in Wales, Sandringham offers considerably more privacy that the current Middleton home in Berkshire. Especially with Catherine being pregnant the press will be out looking for any possible photos of the "bump" and her family home is clearly visible from the road and long lense cameras wiould be out in full force.

Didn't they move to a bigger, private house?

only according to the DM - not seen anything else

Didn't they move to a bigger, private house?

that's my understanding too. one of the people on twitter even said that Catherine helped move a few boxes... whether or not that's true I'm not sure

Yup William will be at the wheel again. I remember the pics of him driving.
Not sure if there were photos from inside though?

Just give me lots of pics!! :lol:
I think we will only get pics of William driving as well as other members os the RF:flowers: I can't wait to see some!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom