The Duke of Cambridge and Sporting Patronages 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its a wonderful cause. There are too many kids that do nothing else but sit indoors all day long and play video games or watch the tele. I remember a time before video games and such, kids would go outside and play with friends, ride bikes, play ball etc. Now it seems all kids want to do is be stuck to the tele or games. I think its a shame, kids need fresh air and exercise in order to stay healthy both mentally and physically. I applaud his efforts.

I completely agree. It's very rare now to see kids playing basketball or doing anything that isn't involving some electronic gadget. I think it's great that William is recognizing this and wants to make sure that there are places where kids can go and just run around, and get some fresh air and exercise.

What and where are these developers wanting to build? Im surprised since there doesnt seem to be much room to build at all. Since I have never been to London I have only seen what the Travel Cannel shows me although at some point I would love to go. And from what I have seen the parks that are open are quite beautiful and they look clean and peaceful. It would be a shame to put more concrete where it shouldnt be. And its not only the kids who benefit. I think its good for everyone to have a place to go to relax or walk or ride or picnic etc.

Sky News is reporting that William and Kate will open the Football Association's new National Football Centre at Burton on 9th October. They'll also meet the England team and manager, Roy Hodgson. William is, of course, the President of the FA who are the governing body of the game in England.

Kate Debate ‏@RoyalKateDebate William and Kate's engagement in Burton, is this morning. They will visit the new football training centre.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes It's back on the road with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this morning as they visit the FA's new national football centre in Burton.

James Whatling ‏@JWhatling Welcome to a sunny morning at St George's Park. Currently waiting to go onto the fantastic new centre at a disused airfield! Glamorous!

St. George's Park ‏@StGeorgesPark It's a cold, crisp morning here in Staffordshire but @StGeorgesPark is shimmering in the early morning sun. pic.twitter.com/PUQZHcpK

PerformSGP ‏@PerformSGP
Really excited about today's opening. Preparing for our VIP guests! pic.twitter.com/wG5XY4PS

Last edited:
Finally thank god cause I need sleep it's almost 2am here
Niraj Tanna ‏@IkonPictures TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have just left London for their engagement in Buxton. #royal #buxton #katemiddleton
Niraj Tanna ‏@IkonPictures HRH The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing a winter coat which looks like a grey colour. Coat its absolutely stunning. Pics in a few minutes.

Ok so it'll be a few hrs
Kate Debate ‏@RoyalKateDebate Will and Kate only just left London for Burton. That would mean a couple of hours before they get there.

I would like to thank everybody for providing links and tweets. The really make a for enjoyable reading and your efforts don't go unnoticed.

ghost_night554 I tip my to you and all the others, too numerous to mention here.

Thank you! :flowers: :wave:

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived at the Football Association's new £105m St George's Park training centre.

Last edited:
Prince William today: I want to cry God For Harry, England and St George -but I don't want to lower the tone by bringing my brother into it!

Prince William today: I want to cry God For Harry, England and St George -but I don't want to lower the tone by bringing my brother into it!

The Wills/Harry relationship is solid and I love these little shout outs they give to one another. So fun and funny. It bodes well for the work they will do with the firm over the next decades.

Logistically then, will Kate stay the night somewhere up north in advance of tomorrow's engagements? Or will she fly home with William and back again in the morning? I understand that her solo engagement tomorrow are in the Northeast. I'm always curious as to how these details are managed!

The Wills/Harry relationship is solid and I love these little shout outs they give to one another. So fun and funny. It bodes well for the work they will do with the firm over the next decades.

Although we may see them as humorous "digs" at each other, I think perhaps this is their own way of sending a big hello and miss you to each other. They know whatever they say will end up in the press somewhere and it sure might be just cause for a big smile from Harry in Afghanistan when he gets wind of this one.

I definitely see both William and Harry working in tandem with each other in their public lives and their families remaining close in their private lives also. :D

I love that we can't see them and yet seeing them leaving from their own house personally for me is so nice and calming if you know what I mean

Tons of great shots from today here
william & catherine

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail Duke of Cambridge to Ashley Cole: 'If you continue to be a naughty boy they'll take your Twitter account off you!'

Chris Jackson ‏@ChrisJack_Getty
The Duke and Duchess also had a bit of a joke increasing the speed and incline for the people training on the running machines in the gym

James Whatling ‏@JWhatling
Had a great time at St George's Park, but now on the way to Newcastle. Great to see #William & #Kate having fun with the #England team.

Chris Jackson ‏@ChrisJack_Getty
One of the lighter moments of the afternoon was when William and Kate met Jermaine Defoe chilling in his speedos in the hydro-therapy spa

Chris Jackson ‏@ChrisJack_Getty My football knowledge was put to the test as I had to do a team pic with Wills and Kate and the Englnd team.'A little to the left Mr Rooney'
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #William re FA training HQ "a magnificent example of social opportunity...fostering community spirit and hope throughout England"

Kate Debate ‏@RoyalKateDebate 'She has been picking up on the helicopter chat. William was talking to the pilot and she is now into the helicopter chat.'

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter England manager Roy Hodgson on Will+Kate:: "We're very impressed by their support. We're very impressed they've taken the time to come here"

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
And while her husband teased bad boy Cole, Kate meanwhile seemed keen to chat to Frank Lampard
Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror Kate joked about borrowing a pair of trainers to join in with a kickabout - don't think she will though!

Here is the picture of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge leaving London for an engagement in Derbyshire. #katemiddleton pic.twitter.com/Hty5ktPh

Last edited:
Sorry that I left last night but had to get to bed and get atleast a few hours of sleep since I have a busy morning full of appointments ahead of me. Thanks to everyone who provided pics/videos and info.

Don't think these have been posted yet. The couple leaving KP for this morning's engagement
This Week In Pictures - Lady Gaga Nicole Kidman Grace Kelly Beyonce Jay-Z One Direction James Bond Skyfall (Vogue.com UK)

It's nice that they can be picked up from inside the gates at KP. Now, what I'm wondering is if Will was telling the pilot how to fly the thing. :ROFLMAO:

Lumutqueen said:

I love the little shout-outs they give each other. Shows their strong bond and sense of humor.

:previous:
I think someone of the aviation service took these pics

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul Harrison@SkyNewsRoyal
The Duke of Cambridge will attend the Wales v New Zealand Autumn International rugby match on 24th Nov

It will be wonderful to see Prince William at the match. He and Kate have showed such wonderful support during the Olympics and I am sure his attendance at future sporting events will be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom