The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

I was just reading some Australian sites and it is reported that Kate was on a public beach with other beachgoers. If that's the case, there is no right to privacy, quite different from the French debacle.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
More info coming out -

Now appears there are 39 photos.

Sun Lion.

Just realised how many 39 photos really is.

"Woman's Day" may spread them out across a couple of issues - can't see them printing them all in one 8 to 10 page article in just one edition. Some of the photos are bound to be fairly large, not four or five little ones per page.

May not be "old" news by mid-next week - some may be held back to print along side the official engagement pics when that happens.

Sun Lion.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
This desirable Australian 'psyche', would be the one that thinks its acceptable, even 'funny', to hoax call nurses, going about their important work ?

I find itdifficult to love the psyche that does this, and has produced the reptilian Rupert Murdoch.
I believe the poster was simply pointing out that Australians and Britons might have different ways of looking at the situation. (Which may very well be true.) Is it really necessary to denigrate an entire nation because one person has a different opinion than you do?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post

The issue is more about the management of this phenomenon. The debate is about what each party is doing or not doing to minimize inappropriate exposure...just my two cents.
It is exactly that kind of thinking that gives tabs and paps the excuse to do what they want. You are catering to them by accepting what they do as the status quo.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
I can't believe we live in a world where it's ok to invade people's privacies- royal/celebrity or not, it's not ok. They're not on the job, they're on a beach. They should be allowed to be left alone, even in public.

This is preciously why I do not and never will buy tabloids or any other magazine that prints photos like this and I do my best to not see the photos. It's a gross invasion of privacy.

Why is it ok to do this just because they're royalty? I don't understand that mode of thinking: well they should expect it, they're famous! So what? They're still people.

Just because it happens doesn't mean its ok.

just my two cents.
I agree. While the royal couple should EXPECT this, it does not make it RIGHT. And who are these people that wait with baited breath for a picture of a pregnant woman? Go for a walk and you will see one LOL. Very odd!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:05 PM
Serene Highness

Andolini, you are right, pining to see a pregnant woman's picture is SICK. She is beautiful but her bump will be like millions of other bumps. Same sickness when people want to see Kim Kardashian's bump. It's the equivalent of being mindless gossips. Who is responsible for making the public a mass of mindless gossips?
Old 02-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@QueenVicMirror: Chi magazine says Kate pictures bought from "international photo agency" Australia's Woman's Day says they were taken by member of public
Old 02-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

My thoughts are these. The only time it's okay to take pictures at the beach, are ones of your own family having fun. I think it's an invasion or privacy to take someone's picture without their consent/knowledge. Especially while on vacation at this very posh resort in the middle of the ocean.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:20 PM
Courtier

I would agree. IMO this is just a case of some sleezebag wanting to pay for their very expensive holiday. In a way, at least the paps are trying to make a living, not just scrounging to pay for their holiday.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
My thoughts are these. The only time it's okay to take pictures at the beach, are ones of your own family having fun. I think it's an invasion or privacy to take someone's picture without their consent/knowledge. Especially while on vacation at this very posh resort in the middle of the ocean.
They are public figures on a public beach. Sorry but I don't understand all the fuss over some bikini photos and the "we are disappointed" comments from Clarence House. Who do they think they are??? If all they have to worry about are these pictures then I can't express in words how much out of touch they are with reality. Move on!
Old 02-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

They are public figures on a public beach. Sorry but I don't understand all the fuss over some bikini photos and the "we are disappointed" comments from Clarence House. Who do they think they are??? If all they have to worry about are these pictures then I can't express in words how much out of touch they are with reality. Move on!
I'll love to see you say the exact same thing in Catherine shoes! Bet you'd whistle a different tune.
Can I just point out that neither William nor Catherine have said anything about these photos, and it is Clarence House who are disappointed in the magazines who have published these invasive pictures.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I'll love to see you say the exact same thing in Catherine shoes! Bet you'd whistle a different tune.
Can I just point out that neither William nor Catherine have said anything about these photos, and it is Clarence House who are disappointed in the magazines who have published these invasive pictures.
Very good post. And your avatar is lovely
Old 02-13-2013, 03:03 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
But the royals have been commenting on these type of photos for years. When those beach photos of a 4 months pregnant Diana were published, the palace called it "one of the darkest days in journalism." Also, Diana released statements (and once or twice threatened to sue) when vacation photos of her and the kids were published. And in 1996, she went to the Press Complaints Commission and complained about pictures of her on holiday in France. She also sued and won (I believe) when those gym photos were published. So William's not doing anything new.

IMO, the media is making more out of this than William and Kate. They haven't threated to take on legal action, they just expressed disappointment.

Like one of the royal reporters noted:

Robert Jobson ‏‪@theroyaleditor
Press language/headlines on Kate baby bump pics too strong. Palace expressed "disappointment" not "outrage or fury" - important distinction.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:04 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
No I wouldn't - don't marry a Prince, especially not Prince William and all the baggage of the past he has been carrying, if you have a problem with media intrusion.

They have been photographed in France on private property, it doesnt take rocket science to figure out that there will be photos from a public beach in Mustique.

Shock, Horror, ITV showed the picture by mistake. Sometimes I think we still live in the middle ages and people would have to fear that Prince Charles will send his troups and throw all those nasty journos in the tower.

Kate Middleton baby bump bikini photos shown on This Morning: Eamonn Holmes apologises to Duchess of Cambridge | Mail Online
Old 02-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
I agree with you- didn't William and Catherine initially plan Mustique to be a private holiday, or am I wrong?
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 02-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

No I wouldn't - don't marry a Prince, especially not Prince William and all the baggage of the past he has been carrying, if you have a problem with media intrusion.
Sure, because that solves the tiny problem of being in love with someone. You crack me up sometimes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post

I agree with you- didn't William and Catherine initially plan Mustique to be a private holiday, or am I wrong?
Nope. Mustique has always been a Middleton family event.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:24 PM
Majesty

The royal news is slow and the press is trying to milk the crapola out of these pictures. The 19th isn't getting here fast enough.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Nope. Mustique has always been a Middleton family event.
Thanks for the info.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 02-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Courtier

The media are making it a bigger issue than the palace. All they palace said was they were disappointed and that was that. The only reason a fuss is being made is because the topless photos.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

i read that "Lawyers predict Duchess 'likely to take legal action' over snaps". do you reckon it is something they can win? at the end of the day it's not like the naked pictures, where there was a clear humiliation of kate. this is not unlike publishing pictures of kate going shopping in london or any pictures of royals out and about. of course, if their lawyers think it's possible, then i'm no one to judge.

actually, it may do w+k good. seeing their private pictures become public quite often, if their lawyers get in the habit of taking on lawsuits everytime, their fees will be expensive, meaning that w+k won't have any more money for luxury holidays in mustique (5 million a week? seriously?). hence, no bikini pictures will be possible. problem solved :)

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Closed Thread