The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 07:02 PM
Nobility

Uncensored "Chi" cover broadcast over Australia by morning TV shows - (just put the telly on) - so no power over the situation for St James Palace. People are seeing the photos without having to go looking.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Courtier

Off to watch TV....

Old 02-12-2013, 07:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

10.20 am Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time. The tiny, barely discernible, bump you'd never know was a "bump" unless you had been told in adance, is on TV.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
So she can never walk on a beach again in swimwear? Cannot bathe in the sea?
And neither, it seems can her sister! I think the world has gone mad.

also I don't think they live the high life, they pay a lot of money for privacy when on holiday and it's hasn't worked. Otherwise it's been a house on Anglesey for a number of years.
Ages ago, there were compact beach houses a lady would enter and remove her robes. Servants would move the house (it had poles attached) out into the surf and the lady would remain inside the little tent to bathe in the ocean.
I say we start a kitty fund and chip in to buy Catherine one of these little moveable enclosures. Chi could then print pictures of the tent that enclosed the Duchess.
Ok - I am being silly - but it was a rough day.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Pictures of Duchess of Cambridge on holiday in a bikini are published by Chi magazine | Mail Online

It must be a stressful life to be disappointed about yet another breach of privacy. Sometimes I am wondering what planet Wills and Kate are living on. They are not Joe Average and will get photographed whenever they are outside. Its a fact and no outcry, gentlemen's agreement or whatever will change that since they are money-producing A-class celebrities for those who don't give a hoot about monarchy.

They live the high life and have enormous privileges and they happen to pay a price for it which is lack of privacy. You can't have it all, can you. Good luck if they plan to go on complaining for the rest of their lives, I'd wish them not to get bitter but I guess they already are. It would be healthier to accept the unavoidable and move on.

oh and I forgot to say - what about covering up if you dont want to reveal your bump to the paps. But no, their logic is to take off clothes or wear a bikini showing a bump first and then cry "privacy" instead of preventing whatever they don't want to be printed in the papers in the first place. They might feel entitled to do it this way but - reality check - we are not living in la-la land.
Spot on.

It would be better if they did just accept it and move on.

There's many a couple going through far greater crises than these two, I will hardly lose sleep that Kate was photographed in her bikini..... again. I refuse to wring my hands over a couple who have a lifetime of financial security through pure luck of the draw, who are in good health, who by all appearances have a healthy fetus, who are surrounding by family and friends who love and care for them. Yes, they can't bathe in the sea without the paps selling their photos. They will never be able to fully control their privacy because their photos are worth serious cash. So it would be far better for them mental healthwise to in fact just shrug their shoulders, count their blessings and move on, and teach that little baby she's carrying the same thing.

When you think about it, Will and Kate had to have known that the first photos of that bump would be worth some serious cash. And they were all too aware that chosing to go to Mustique at this point in her pregnancy, the bikini photos would be far too tempting for any pap. If the photos in France had told them anything, it's that paps will break and law and risk jail time for the price they fetch.

I personally find that Will's parents had FAR GREATER invasions of their own privacies, such as the recordings of phone conversations with their respective lovers. If Will and Kate think these photos are cause for embarrassment, they should ask Dad about that "tampon" reference......
Old 02-12-2013, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

and the fact that they are never allowed to forget it

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

I adore Catherine and William, and I am probably going to get a bit of heat for saying this but...
After the pics of their honeymoon and the pics in Provance (and the pics of Wills and Co. with body boards in Anglesey, and all all the photos of them shopping or leaving a club) do they or any of us really believe that they have privacy outside the gates of the Palaces and the walls of their homes?
And given the cell phone tapping scandal, they have to be aware that home may not be all that secure as well.
I'm not saying it's RIGHT - I'm saying it's REALITY.
It really is a cruddy job being a British royal, you know?
Old 02-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Off to watch TV....
Just saw Rob Jobson explaining Chi's headline as "the belly grows".

(On "Sunrise" show I recorded earlier this morning - just catching up with it.)

AfricanAUSSIE don't forget this may turn up on tonight's "A Current Affair" or "Today Tonight" - their sort of story.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. tone of the Australian's reporting is that the Palace is making too big a deal out of it - just "nice" , "flattering" photos.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
P.S. tone of the Australian's reporting is that the Palace is making too big a deal out of it - just "nice" , "flattering" photos.
Yeah. If they'd just shrug and get on with their holiday, and maybe - here's a radical thought - maybe even smile in the direction of the paps, life would be a bit easier for them; less stress. The media wouldn't lose interest, but if W&K gave the impression they didn't care, it would make the chase less interesting and improve W&K's image.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I adore Catherine and William, and I am probably going to get a bit of heat for saying this but...
After the pics of their honeymoon and the pics in Provance (and the pics of Wills and Co. with body boards in Anglesey, and all all the photos of them shopping or leaving a club) do they or any of us really believe that they have privacy outside the gates of the Palaces and the walls of their homes?
And given the cell phone tapping scandal, they have to be aware that home may not be all that secure as well.
Well maybe they thought they could get privacy on a private island where no paps are allowed.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I agree - it is a cruddy job and very few people cut them any slack. I spent a short part of my career in the public eye and the day I stopped the relief - I can't describe how it felt. But I had a choice, lived with it for a while and could escape - no chance for these 2.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Yeah. If they'd just shrug and get on with their holiday, and maybe - here's a radical thought - maybe even smile in the direction of the paps, life would be a bit easier for them; less stress. The media wouldn't lose interest, but if W&K gave the impression they didn't care, it would make the chase less interesting and improve W&K's image.

Diana did just that and they still continued to chase her. Photos of William, Kate and Harry sell. Setting up photo sessions or pretending they don't care, is not going to stop the photographers from chasing them on vacation, or in their every day life. For the rest of their lives, they and their children are going to be media magnets.

At the same time, having St. James issue statements won't stop photographers either. Their best bet, is to just some how figure out a way to deal with the madness, because the press coverage will only continue to grow as they take up full-time duties.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
Well maybe they thought they could get privacy on a private island where no paps are allowed.
My point exactly - they have been elsewhere that no paps were allowed.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
....because the press coverage will only continue to grow as they take up full-time duties.
Its no wonder they are reluctant to turn over any more of their life.
I think their only chance for true privacy (especially with their family) will be Brittania II. Reportedly that is where HM truly felt on vacation.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Spot on.

It would be better if they did just accept it and move on.

There's many a couple going through far greater crises than these two, I will hardly lose sleep that Kate was photographed in her bikini..... again. I refuse to wring my hands over a couple who have a lifetime of financial security through pure luck of the draw, who are in good health, who by all appearances have a healthy fetus, who are surrounding by family and friends who love and care for them. Yes, they can't bathe in the sea without the paps selling their photos. They will never be able to fully control their privacy because their photos are worth serious cash. So it would be far better for them mental healthwise to in fact just shrug their shoulders, count their blessings and move on, and teach that little baby she's carrying the same thing.

When you think about it, Will and Kate had to have known that the first photos of that bump would be worth some serious cash. And they were all too aware that chosing to go to Mustique at this point in her pregnancy, the bikini photos would be far too tempting for any pap. If the photos in France had told them anything, it's that paps will break and law and risk jail time for the price they fetch.

I personally find that Will's parents had FAR GREATER invasions of their own privacies, such as the recordings of phone conversations with their respective lovers. If Will and Kate think these photos are cause for embarrassment, they should ask Dad about that "tampon" reference......
Spot on Giraffe!!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Just saw Rob Jobson explaining Chi's headline as "the belly grows".

(On "Sunrise" show I recorded earlier this morning - just catching up with it.)

AfricanAUSSIE don't forget this may turn up on tonight's "A Current Affair" or "Today Tonight" - their sort of story.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

ABC is not reporting it at all, as usual only commercial TV news. And they are lovely photos...couldn't expect better if they had posed!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Heir Apparent

So "flattering photos" are ok are they?

Old 02-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
My point exactly - they have been elsewhere that no paps were allowed.
Mmm...there were photos of them there during their honeymoon, so I would expect they knew it was a risk.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
As a comparison Roslyn check the cover of this week's "New Idea".

Nicole Kidman and husband papped swimming at Sydney's Balmoral beach last week and no fuss about it - (and yet both very aware of their public image and how to sell themselves always looking their best.)

Sun Lion.

(And I think the number of times Nicole has been photographed swimming in Sydney, this is a genuine paparazzi moment caught by those following them about, hoping for just such a chance - not a publicity setup.)
Old 02-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
So "flattering photos" are ok are they?
From what I have watched on Australian TV, I think "flattering" here means that Kate was not naked or photographed doing anything controversial. Instead they are seen to be appropriately clothed, happy and showing affection, hence - flattering. Not the most appropriate use of that word, I grant you, not the most thought provoking shows either.