The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 10:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Now Cairns FNQ would have been for me as well. 23 hours to major commonwealth country - that is good

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-10-2013, 10:47 PM
Gentry

Cyclone season is nearly over, 30+degrees C most days this time of year. The best place on Earth.

At those drawing negative inferences from the Duchess being able make an 8 hour flight? No different or slightly better than a 7.5 hour drive/train trip. Distance/ travel time London to "Up North"?

Old 02-10-2013, 11:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh gawd please let's go back to talking about the violation of the privacy and not these darn boohoo why did they go on vacation posts.
Heck I wish these pix sous come out to stop this train of convo.
The Mids have been going to Mustique for years; what exactly is there to do there that they like so much?
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 02-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Oh gawd please let's go back to talking about the violation of the privacy and not these darn boohoo why did they go on vacation posts.
Heck I wish these pix sous come out to stop this train of convo.
The Mids have been going to Mustique for years; what exactly is there to do there that they like so much?
're the second point in your post: I thought I'd addressed that with my "build a bridge" comment?
Old 02-11-2013, 12:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Heck.. for all we know with the Middletons going there for years, they could perhaps even have a time share in the place they stay. Do we really know for sure all the little inside details of the "cost" of this holiday even or are we assuming?

Someone offers me a chance to be there instead of here right now and I'm on the first plane out yesterday.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Yes AfricanAUSSIE I know - but Oz is such a magazine obsessed country that one of this year's ratings winners on TV is sure to be a mini-series about the "Woman's Day" and "New Idea" battles.

Called "The Magazine Wars" it's being made by the same production company that had a major success with a previous mini-series called "Paper Giants" about another Australian women's magazine "Cleo".

Are there any other countries making award-winning television dramas about their ladies mags? That's how much these publications are a part of the Australian lifestyle.

Cheers, Sun Lion.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I don't think that the press can be solely blamed for the mob mentality we saw in action after Diana's death. It was very disturbing, but it has been known before; it's a dark side of human nature. Diana had become larger than life: a sort of goddess, and she was worshipped as such. It was a complicated phenomenon with many contributing factors, but I can't blame the press alone. The press wasn't the reason people started leaving flowers outside KP, and it wasn't the reason people were criticising the RF for staying in Scotland. The press wasn't the reason those people called out to William and Harry when they were doing that walkabout. That was PR exercise on the part of the RF, to appease the mob, and IMO it was appalling to have subjected them to it.

The press photographers only make money because people buy the magazines. I blame "the people" as much as, if not more than, the press. And Diana herself had a lot to do with it, since she played games with the press. She had her pets and initiated contact and manipulated her publicity to a certain extent, and when the relationship turned sour she suffered. Once she'd opened that stable door and that horse could not be put back in.

And she would not have been chased that fatal night if she had not run; there was no need for them to have left that hotel that night.

If William and Kate insist on going to places such as Mustique, they are going to be photographed. The more they complain about it, the more tempting it's going to be to find them and photograph them. It's got a lot to do with the challenge and the thrill of the chase.

I hope William steps back and considers their situation objectively, and to do that he has to look beyond his own experiences as Diana's son. I hope he takes advice and doesn't just dig his heels in and act out of emotion. But he is his mother's son, and Diana wasn't known for taking advice from people who gave advice she didn't like.
Great post, Roslyn. I completely agree with you.

And about the photoshoot again, even if they have tried it in the past and the press didn't respect it, as cepe said, the press seems to be changing at least a bit after the levenson inquiry. For a better relationship between W&H and the press, both sides have to change their ways and give steps forward in the deal. In recent times, the british press has given some: in both times Harry went to Afghanistan, the british press respected their deals, the Vegas photos were not published (except from the sun) as well as pap pictures of the three in their daily lives have not been published. The british press seems to have learnt a bit from the past and seems willing to start a new relationship, maybe it's time for William and Harry to start to put the past behind their backs.
Given this, the photoshoots could be tried again even if just as an experiment: if it doesn't work, it doesn't and the photoshoots stop.
But the foreign press would still be a problem and dificult to control when you holiday abroad. Either they accept this or starting to holiday at home is a good move
Old 02-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Aristocracy

Funny how so many seem to expect members of the Royal Family to put in a full 8 hour day opening and dedicating and appearing at all sorts of events. Except for Royal Tours and other PUBLIC appearances which are paid from the Civil Lists, the Duchess is not receiving any funds from the civil list or tax payers. So if she wants to sit home and knit booties until the birth of her first child, that is her prerogative. If she want to spend the majority of her time raising her children instead of competing with Princess Royal on number of public engagements, that is her prerogative.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Please note that all posts discussing the article that names William and Catherine has an inspirational couple, has been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...dge-34429.html .

It has nothing to do with their ACTUAL current events.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee27 View Post
So if she wants to sit home and knit booties until the birth of her first child, that is her prerogative. If she want to spend the majority of her time raising her children instead of competing with Princess Royal on number of public engagements, that is her prerogative.
Yep. She's married to a man who is extremely wealthy - due to inherited money, not his own efforts - and she has no need to work at all. But if she does exercise her right to sit at home making booties, she's not going to earn herself any respect or do the future of the RF much good. It's not as though her performance to date has demonstrated she is a woman with a strong work ethic who is entitled to be cut a bit of slack now she is pregnant and suffering illness because of it. She is hardly a role model for modern teenage girls.

And yes, my opinion has changed a little since I posted about her work ethic a few days ago. This is primarily because I have just read another post summarising her (known) work history to date, and it is not good.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

According to a few of the royal reporters, there will be a number of upcoming engagements for Kate and William. Hopefully we'll start getting announcements soon.

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor: When Kate returns she will have a series of charity engagements. First is on Feb 19th.

Quote:
But I am assured that, kicking off with the Duchess' first public appearance on Feb 19, we CAN expect to see Kate and William and Harry out and about throughout the end of February and March.

Source
Old 02-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Majesty

I'm looking forward to all of it.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Apparently the Italian magazine 'Chi' will publish the photos of William and Kate in Mustique. SJP have issued a statement about it.

The magazine apparently has a photo of Kate, in her bikini with her baby bump showing, on its front cover.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Apparently the Italian magazine 'Chi' will publish the photos of William and Kate in Mustique. SJP have issued a statement about it.

The magazine apparently has a photo of Kate, in her bikini with her baby bump showing, on its front cover.
I've not been able to find anything whatsoever on this for either Chi magazine or St. James palace. Where did you find this information?
Old 02-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

It was just discussed on Sky News. 'Chi' is the same magazine in Italy who published the photos of Kate topless last year.

Correction - SJP's statement hasn't been released just yet, apparently, but will be imminently.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Statement says the decision to publish the photos is "a clear breach of the couple's right to privacy" and that they're "disappointed that photographs of TRH look likely to be published overseas".

I'm hoping that means they won't be published in the UK.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It was just discussed on Sky News. 'Chi' is the same magazine in Italy who published the photos of Kate topless last year.

Correction - SJP's statement hasn't been released just yet, apparently, but will be imminently.
Ahhh thanks!! I remember Chi from the topless pictures and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they do publish the pictures. I wouldn't be surprised either if legal action is taken against Chi either.

Stick with TRF! Sometimes we find out things before they even go viral! Gotta love it!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Quote:

I am never a fan of intrusive pictures, and I certainly had a degree of sympathy for Catherine when pictures of her from Frrance were published. However, I think it would be very naive of William and Catherine to complain should any pictures of her in a bikini were to now be published. They know from experience that there is a reasonable chance that a long lens will be on the lookout for Catherine, so if you really do not want to be pictured in a bikini, do not step out in one!

That said, I do not buy the argument of the pictures being in public interest - they are not, IMO! It is just an attempt by a paparazzi photographer to make some money.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Majesty

I think the media have to get out of the habit of violating peoples privacy for a quick buck. I don't care if they are celebrities, royalty or regular people from down the street. We have to learn to respect each others right to privacy.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I am never a fan of intrusive pictures, and I certainly had a degree of sympathy for Catherine when pictures of her from Frrance were published. However, I think it would be very naive of William and Catherine to complain should any pictures of her in a bikini were to now be published. They know from experience that there is a reasonable chance that a long lens will be on the lookout for Catherine, so if you really do not want to be pictured in a bikini, do not step out in one!

That said, I do not buy the argument of the pictures being in public interest - they are not, IMO! It is just an attempt by a paparazzi photographer to make some money.
I agree, I certainly don't wait with baited breath for Catherine bikini photos, I have better things to do.