The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think is great william and catherine go to vacations, Its good for a pregnant woman, I still remenber the beautiful photos of diana when she was pregnant with wiliam in bermudas. May be in a cuople days we can see photos of william and catherine

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

I still haven't heard about any hostility WnH have shown towards the press; but a part from what happened to their mom, if I was William I would be livid at the press die to the violation of Kate last year. Yes they didn't publish the photos, but they created the situation where stalkers are moved to take pix like that.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Old 02-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Seems the paparazzi has been more than busy over this weekend. Along with the supposed pictures of William and Kate in Mustique, here in the States Justin Beiber has been reportedly pulled over for speeding over 100 mph on the LA freeway (not his first offense either) getting away from the paps and along the same lines, Chris Brown has crashed his Porsche into a wall after losing control of the vehicle fleeing paps also.

The more stories such as these come to the forefront, the public needs to realize that these photogs are a dangerous breed. While we may love and admire people in the limelight, these vultures will stop at nothing to feed our interest and fascination with them.

I do believe still that world wide responsibility should be enforced on the publishers and such as we have copyrights in place for what photos can be shared, there should also be severe penalties for publishing pictures without consent of the subject matter. Its up to those that publish these pictures to take responsibility. If they don't buy the idiot paps work, they realize there isn't a market for them and people in the limelight will breathe a little bit easier
Old 02-10-2013, 10:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Yeah because that's the only reason William and Henry hate the press.

The only staged photosessions I've seen were on Ski holidays (last one being 2006?) and when the boys went to school. In 30 years, where both boys went from school to further education/military and all we saw were them falling out of clubs at 3am almost every weekend. I'd think William and Henry are the ones who need a bit of good press on their side.

Yes the press new about Henry's deployment and that Vegas was a few days before, however do you really expect national newspapers to forgo the oppurtunity to print pictures of a naked heir to throne? Henry dug his own press loving whole.

Other royal couples can have their photosessions which then allow them holiday privacy because the overseas press isn't interested in them is correct. They're not interested because continental royal families, most of them anyway, manage to keep their noses away from anything untoward.
I would not call Maxima's fathers involvement in a repressive dictatorship unscandalous, or Carl-Phillip's dalliance with a former nude model. Continental royals have just as many scandals as the rest. After all, we are all human, even royals.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andolini View Post
I would not call Maxima's fathers involvement in a repressive dictatorship unscandalous, or Carl-Phillip's dalliance with a former nude model. Continental royals have just as many scandals as the rest. After all, we are all human, even royals.
Maxima's father is not Maxima, but both family members have done their best to avoid the issue with the press. CP's picked a girlfriend, we've heard about it once maybe twice over here in the UK. People don't seem that fussed about it anymore.

Continental royals don't seem to have that many scandals, and seem to deal with them very well in regards to the press.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Maxima's father is not Maxima, but both family members have done their best to avoid the issue with the press. CP's picked a girlfriend, we've heard about it once maybe twice over here in the UK. People don't seem that fussed about it anymore.

Continental royals don't seem to have that many scandals, and seem to deal with them very well in regards to the press.
Well Harry is not William. I could care less about stranger's taking vacations, but I study history and boy oh boy, continental royals have had their huge share of scandals. All of them have.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Well Harry is not William. I could care less about stranger's taking vacations, but I study history and boy oh boy, continental royals have had their huge share of scandals. All of them have.
Say what? Both gentleman don't deal with the press well. In regards to their mother in some cases it's understandable, but they need to realise that the press is their for them to use. So far they haven't used it wisely.

I'm a member of this forum with an active interest in royals other than the British, I know some families (one inparticular comes to mind), have their scandals. However I haven't seen anything publicised as much as William, Henry or Catherine's issues throughout the years.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Say what? Both gentleman don't deal with the press well. In regards to their mother in some cases it's understandable, but they need to realise that the press is their for them to use. So far they haven't used it wisely.

I'm a member of this forum with an active interest in royals other than the British, I know some families (one inparticular comes to mind), have their scandals. However I haven't seen anything publicised as much as William, Henry or Catherine's issues throughout the years.
What would you like to see them do?
Old 02-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Foreign Royals are less famous and their scandals are less know apart from of course the King of Spain Elephant hunting. Prince Harry falling out a nightclub is mild compared to that.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
Foreign Royals are less famous and their scandals are less know apart from of course the King of Spain Elephant hunting. Prince Harry falling out a nightclub is mild compared to that.
Thank you. I admire Juan Carlos, but that was deplorable.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it's extremely unfair that the other royals can arrange photo calls on their vacations and not be bothered after but the British can't be left in private after their press photo calls. I just think the British royals are treated so unfairly on a great deal of things. No wonder their attitude with the press is so bad.

I think the British royals should be allowed to breath and relax. Not have everyone breathing down their throats and dancing on their tonsils all the time. The royals work very hard on serving the people. Travel all over the country supporting all kinds of charities, shaking countless hands, making endless speeches, unveiling tons of plaques and posing for hundreds of pictures. They should be allowed their downtime without much fuss or intrusion. If the others European royals are allowed to do it without all the hoopla, then so should the British royals.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Courtier

Apparently the new pics of William and Kate in Mustique were taken Friday, 8th Feb

I fear they will spread everywhere. I feel sorry for them
Old 02-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Other European royals have their share of scandals. The reason why it's not reported on more (at least in the US), is because they don't interest many here. They may get a blurb on the news when there's a birth/wedding, but generally they're not reported on by the US media.

On the other hand, the BRF gets lots of attention here. I think that's due in part to their scandals, the whole Di and Charles thing, the fact that we share a common language and our historical ties.

So, other European royals can participate in photo shoots and then be left alone, because their is not a high demand for photos of them.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Other European royals have their share of scandals. The problem, is that they just don't interest many here in the US. Other than a blurb on the news when there's a birth/wedding, they're generally not reported on.

On the other hand, the BRF gets lots of attention here. I think that's due in part to their scandals, the whole Di and Charles thing, the fact that we share a common language and our historical ties.
I had not thought of the common language angle, thank you, that is interesting!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Heir Apparent

I think we also have to remember that the press often try to make the stories about the British royals out to be more than it really is and blow things out of proportion. Harry getting tipsy at a nightclub really isn't that bad but the British press will make it seem like Harry committed a crime by getting tipsy. The Duchess of Cambridge's official portrait was a work of art, wasn't suppose to be perfect but the British press made it seem like the artist painted a monster or something. The press is just hard on the British royals.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Courtier

I find our press a bit over dramatic. The press here seem to make scandals out of nothing.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post

I find our press a bit over dramatic. The press here seem to make scandals out of nothing.
They need things to write about and stretch until it can't be stretched anymore. I also think the press do a lot of that just to pluck the royals nerves.

Not to say the royals are always innocent but a great deal of the press stories make no sense.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think we also have to remember that the press often try to make the stories about the British royals out to be more than it really is and blow things out of proportion. Harry getting tipsy at a nightclub really isn't that bad but the British press will make it seem like Harry committed a crime by getting tipsy. The Duchess of Cambridge's official portrait was a work of art, wasn't suppose to be perfect but the British press made it seem like the artist painted a monster or something. The press is just hard on the British royals.
If it were a crime to be drunk, I would still be in jail!!!! LOL
Old 02-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
If it were a crime to be drunk, I would still be in jail!!!! LOL
Well, the idea is to not drink and drive but Harry's tipsy episodes was nothing compared to what I've seen in my lifetime.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Well, the idea is to not drink and drive but Harry's tipsy episodes was nothing compared to what I've seen in my lifetime.
I know, I said it in jest!!!