The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Courtier

And you know what will be next...pics of Diana in the same state side by side with those of Katherine.

They are going to have to go to a totally private location (what's that private island owned by the guy who owns the airlines where Diana took the boys?), make agreements with the press for a photo session if they leave them alone the rest of the time.

LaRae

Old 02-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I am so sorry they got screwed by the media again. This really will never end, and I'm ashamed my country will probably be one of the ones with these pix on their mag covers.
As for privacy, it appears there are never any pix of them in Anglessey? Is that right? If so instead of leaving home, they should just hang out there.
pictures have got out - Catherine out with the scouts; walking on the beach with William; shopping at Tesco's (food supermarket); walking on beach with Pippa.

I can't imagine having zero hope of privacy.

I think the only hope is to stay at Balmoral or Sandringham; or go to PoW place in Transylvania. Or maybe buying somewhere private. The trouble is there is a market for the pix and people can be bought.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
And you know what will be next...pics of Diana in the same state side by side with those of Katherine.

They are going to have to go to a totally private location (what's that private island owned by the guy who owns the airlines where Diana took the boys?), make agreements with the press for a photo session if they leave them alone the rest of the time.

LaRae
I believe you're thinking of Richard Branson's Necker Island. Even that isn't totally private as for the right price, anyone can holiday there I believe. Sadly, I don't believe there is much they really can do to keep the hounds at bay. Whenever there is a big demand for "scoop" pictures, there'll be those that will cross any kind of line to get them.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Heir Apparent

This is when the BRF need to cut the UK press some slack. These pix will not be published by the UK national press. Same thing happened with the French piux.

I think that now is the time to enter into an agreement with the UK press for picture opportunities and formal pix release. Get the UK media to help them (if possible). This may not work but surely its worth a try.

William (and Harry) should realise that not all of the press are the same and generally slagging off the press is a bad idea. I am not advocating the path that Diana took which was to make friends with some of the press reporters and photographers - I mean media owners and a formal arrangement. Perhaps (over time) other media sources (say in Australia and Canada) could join in. It has to be cheaper than buying from a pap and that must be an incentive (she says hopefully with figures crossed.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Courtier

Yes that's it....from what I have read they used to go there because the media could not get on the island. How they dealt with it was to agree to a photo shoot with them playing about on the beach a couple times and the rest of the time they would give them privacy. I have no idea if the press would agree to that nowdays though.

LaRae
Old 02-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yes that's it....from what I have read they used to go there because the media could not get on the island. How they dealt with it was to agree to a photo shoot with them playing about on the beach a couple times and the rest of the time they would give them privacy. I have no idea if the press would agree to that nowdays though.

LaRae
Unfortunately I don't think that would work anymore. When that sort of arrangement did work you needed fairly expensive cameras to get the scoop shots. Now all people need is a phone and no matter how good royal security is they are not going to be able to confiscate the phones of everyone on the island. What I mean is, there's no longer a 'paparazzi' to cut deals with it's everyone who's a potential paparazzo, other holiday makers, staff, everyone.

I honestly don't think there is a solution. As long as someone wants to see the photos someone, somewhere will pay for them.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
testing posting
It worked
Old 02-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Majesty

Well, so much for a peaceful holiday. I really don't get why anyone needs to see pictures of famous people, pregnant or otherwise in a bikini. They're not on a public engagement, so why the intrusion. I understand the aspect of making a profit, but whatever happened to thinking about other people, and putting oneself in the other person's shoes? Disgraceful, really.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Courtier

Didn't pictures come out last year of them walking on the beach aswell.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
This is when the BRF need to cut the UK press some slack. These pix will not be published by the UK national press. Same thing happened with the French piux.

I think that now is the time to enter into an agreement with the UK press for picture opportunities and formal pix release. Get the UK media to help them (if possible). This may not work but surely its worth a try.

William (and Harry) should realise that not all of the press are the same and generally slagging off the press is a bad idea. I am not advocating the path that Diana took which was to make friends with some of the press reporters and photographers - I mean media owners and a formal arrangement. Perhaps (over time) other media sources (say in Australia and Canada) could join in. It has to be cheaper than buying from a pap and that must be an incentive (she says hopefully with figures crossed.
Well they will always have that memory of their mother being chased to her death by paps. So it's no surprise the hostility towards the media.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
Well they will always have that memory of their mother being chased to her death by paps. So it's no surprise the hostility towards the media.
I agree but there is a difference between paps who chase around to just get pix and newspaper owners who buy the pix. The BRF need to get along side the owners. And, difficult tho' it may be for them, William and Harry need to do this. Its not a pact with the devil. Or if it is, then better the devil you know.

It's just an idea - I can see the problems, but it might help.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Courtier

I don't think in the Internet age even gentlemens agreements will work nowadays. All you need is a long lense from a boat and get lucky!
Old 02-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Why should they make deals with any of these people? Deals aren't going to stop these people from taking personal pix of them. Just because they won't be released in England doesn't change that they will be released on the Internet. And I don't see any hostility W or H has towards the media, what examples of this are there? I don't get the sense they are their fav people but I don't know about hostile.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 02-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Why should they make deals with any of these people? Deals aren't going to stop these people from taking personal pix of them. Just because they won't be released in England doesn't change that they will be released on the Internet. And I don't see any hostility W or H has towards the media, what examples of this are there? I don't get the sense they are their fav people but I don't know about hostile.
I'll try again. You cant make deals with the paps. - I think we agree on this.

However (just as an idea - don't bite my head off) its the owners that buy the pix. If the BRF did more offical picture shoots etc as the other royal families do, they could (possibly) reduce thge need for pap shots.

Its an IDEA! it has issues but why not think about it instead of just shooting it down.

Hostiliy to the media by William and Harry - well here in the UK it is known about mainly because of the treatment of Diana. As as example, how about Harry's recent comments.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

I'll try again. You cant make deals with the paps. - I think we agree on this.

However (just as an idea - don't bite my head off) its the owners that buy the pix. If the BRF did more offical picture shoots etc as the other royal families do, they could (possibly) reduce thge need for pap shots.

Its an IDEA! it has issues but why not think about it instead of just shooting it down.

Hostiliy to the media by William and Harry - well here in the UK it is known about mainly because of the treatment of Diana. As as example, how about Harry's recent comments.
Again, making deals with the papers isn't going to make the photo taking cease. I believe no1 in the UK published those horrible pix of Kate last year but they were still published in other mags around the world and on the Internet. Are WnKnH supposed be give more photo ops just as a thank you to the British media?
Old 02-09-2013, 11:06 PM
Gentry

OK, so the UK media can't publish the pictures, so they decided to write an article to inform everyone such pictures exist, describe some of the pictures to tempt consumers' appetite and generously "warn" those interested that these pictures will most likely be available in overseas publications.

WOW, how "honourable".
Old 02-09-2013, 11:06 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I don't think giving the media official photo shoots will reduce the number of pap shots. Diana used to make deals with the media, and she was still hounded on vacation and during her private time.

The only thing that would reduce pap shots, is if the public stopped buying the magazines or reading the sites that buy those type of photos.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I don't know if giving them official photo shoots will reduce the number of pap shots. Diana used to make deals with the media and she was still hounded on vacation and during her private time.
If Diana made deals and they still hounded her to death perhaps WnKnH are going a different route. I don't disagree wih the idea of them being kind and open to a select few who have proven to be honorable; but I definitely don't want to see them make buddy buddy with the mad mags out there jus in the hopes they will act civilized.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Royal Highness

I completely agree with you, cepe. Stoping the hostility towards the media could clearly help them and they need to start to distinguish the papparazzi (with whom they can make no deal) from the press (with whom they could possibly make deals).

The photoshoot idea (like other royal families do) could not work for a variety of reasons:
- while they could make deals with the british press, making deals with foreign media, such as the US, is virtually impossible. so there would always be some magazine publishing them abroad
- everyone is a potential papparazzo, as someone has mentioned, and logically is impossible to control this thing
The photoshoot works with other royal families because since they are far less famous they don't seem to suffer from the first problem (foreign press) and also people in their countries seem to be more concious of the royal's privacy, thus they don't face the second problem.

Nonetheless, I thing they should try. As an experiment, to see how it works. Even if it didn't work in moments like this, of holidays abroad, at least when in their daily moments back in the UK, the press could leave them alone
Old 02-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Courtier

Pregnant Kate + Holiday = Bikini = Bump photos. It's a no brainer for the paps.