The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Courtier

Does Rosana read every post? It doesn't look like she read Charlotte1 post

Old 02-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Before the mods step in, let's not do the Diana vs Catherine gig. its not a competition, their roles are/were different and we live in different times.

Thank you

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Majesty

I agree. Two different roles and in different times.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Before the mods step in, let's not do the Diana vs Catherine gig. its not a competition, their roles are/were different and we live in different times.

Thank you
I agree, and IMO it is grossly unfair to compare the late Diana and Catherine. I know I would feel horrible if my mother in law passed away before I married her son, and then have to be subjected to being constantly compared to a memory. I loved Diana, but this is ridiculous. Put yourself in Catherine's shoes for a minute, even if you do not like her. She gets criticized for not dressing up enough, dressing up too much, not pulling her hair up, not wearing a tiara, not going here, there or wherever, not saying the right thing at the right time, being called names in the press and on top of that people screaming "Diana did more!!!!" Since when is this a contest??? Maybe she is doing all that the Queen wants her to do. William is not next in line, his father is!!! When I was carrying my children, I was horribly ill, but I was not even diagnosed with what Catherine had. I missed A LOT of work to the point I feared I would be fired for being sick too much!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Courtier

Going back to the Summer Paralympics, the closing ceremony was on September 9th in the evening. Their tour starts on September 11th. Doesn't it half a day ore more to flight from London to Singapore?
Old 02-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Going back to the Summer Paralympics, the closing ceremony was on September 9th in the evening. Their tour starts on September 11th. Doesn't it half a day ore more to flight from London to Singapore?
Takes approx 12 hours and 46 minutes no stops.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

The point with the paralympics is that they were ambassadors of it, thus expected to attend some events. And they did just a few and then stoped because suposedly WIlliam was at work and then it turned out they were in France for a holiday.
I'm sure that if they attended more events and then couldn't be at the closing ceremony because of their tour, people would be fine with it. Or if William was at work too.
What went wrong was saying that he was working and then find out they were holidaying.

And that leads us again to their "timing" and comunication problems.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
The point with the paralympics is that they were ambassadors of it, thus expected to attend some events. And they did just a few and then stoped because suposedly WIlliam was at work and then it turned out they were in France for a holiday.
I'm sure that if they attended more events and then couldn't be at the closing ceremony because of their tour, people would be fine with it. Or if William was at work too.
What went wrong was saying that he was working and then find out they were holidaying.

Call me naive, but Queen Elizabeth does not seem the type of person to put up with much nonsense within her family. I know I wouldn't want to cross her!!!! And I adore her LOL
Old 02-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:

How do you know he didn't go to work? The paralympics was lasted like 2 weeks. They spend 3 days in France.

When they said he was working, Catherine was at the paralympics events

How many events did Harry go to during the paralympics? iirc Kate went to more than William and Harry
Old 02-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

He could be at work when Kate was the paralympics, but it seems he had some time off which he used for taking a holiday instead of appearing at the paralympics, of which he was an ambassador too (not just kate).
It's thing like these that lead to the perception that they put other things above their duty sometimes. For those who don't follow the royal family so closely as us in the forum and so don't bother to count every day they attended the paralympics plus days of holidays, etc etc and puzzle it all together to see if there is anything that doesn't fit, the message this people got was "There was an event they were expected to attend, they said they couldn't because of work and then they were on holidays". For people who don't follow every activity of the royal family the message was that they missed work to take a holiday and lied about it. That's the problem of the timing of their holidays
Old 02-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
He could be at work when Kate was the paralympics, but it seems he had some time off which he used for taking a holiday instead of appearing at the paralympics, of which he was an ambassador too (not just kate).
It's thing like these that lead to the perception that they put other things above their duty sometimes. For those who don't follow the royal family so closely as us in the forum and so don't bother to count every day they attended the paralympics plus days of holidays, etc etc and puzzle it all together to see if there is anything that doesn't fit, the message this people got was "There was an event they were expected to attend, they said they couldn't because of work and then they were on holidays". For people who don't follow every activity of the royal family the message was that they missed work to take a holiday and lied about it. That's the problem of the timing of their holidays
I do not quite understand the ballyhoo over this subject
Old 02-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Courtier

Saying they couldn't because of prior engagement (which is a broad terms) is not the same as saying they couldn't because of work. And other than the people on the forum and the media. I doubt the public is keeping an agenda of what they are doing.

I don't see what the problem is with the timing of their holidays. Someone is always going to find a problem with it, even when the Queen is hold up at Balmoral
Old 02-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe next year they can avoid all the kerfuffle about Mustique and instead vacation at Verbier with the Danes or at Lech with the Dutch. Everyone seems to approve of those families holidaying at expensive resorts and people are always clamouring for the Cambridges to hang out with the continental royals so this should kill 2 birds with one stone.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Maybe next year they can avoid all the kerfuffle about Mustique and instead vacation at Verbier with the Danes or at Lech with the Dutch. Everyone seems to approve of those families holidaying at expensive resorts and people are always clamouring for the Cambridges to hang out with the continental royals so this should kill 2 birds with one stone.
I'll go too!!!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Yeah that'll fix all the problems. Thought we weren't supposed to compare Cambridge's to the VP Couples.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Yeah that'll fix all the problems. Thought we weren't supposed to compare Cambridge's to the VP Couples.
well, then why does thread continue??? Actually, I am confused - what is the point of all of this?
Old 02-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Courtier

The Queen could die tomorrow(god forbid), there you go William is suddenly heir to the throne and then they will have no choice but to become full time royals. So I see no harm in them enjoying a winter break now. Plus soon it will be too dangerous for Catherine to fly.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andolini View Post

well, then why does thread continue??? Actually, I am confused - what is the point of all of this?
This is a thread about the Cambridge's current events, currently they are holidaying in Mustique. That is the point of this thread.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
This is a thread about the Cambridge's current events, currently they are holidaying in Mustique. That is the point of this thread.
Oh, thank you. I think I will check out some different threads.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Or they can go to St. Barths where Princess Charlene is currently vacationing.

William and his crew work in shifts of I believe, 24 hours on call and 24 off. They stay on base during this entire period. Then they get 2-3 days off at home to rest. W&K's trip to France was thought to be during his 3 day off period.