The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Is it true that there are paps swimming furiously across the Atlantic for the Bikini Bump Money Shot Extraordinaire?

I just can't wait for the photos of Kate placed side by side with the 20 year old photos of Diana, same stage of pregnancy, in her bikini.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I took a holiday when I was 4 months into the pregnancy - my due date was at the beginning of July, so it was around the same time of year than it is now. And I'm glad I had that time! For the pregnancy was difficult, my son came 1 month early, I had mastitis and he was sickly through his first year... in hindsight it was the best descision I ever made!

And if Catherine feels up to travelling, she should do so and gather strength on holiday. And should not worry about people who are simply envious as if their negative feelings would change a thing except hurting the envious person herself.
I'm not envious at all, I'm off to the sun myself next week but I've actually earned my break.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Gentry

From what we know, they also went there with the Middletons around the same time last year. Seems like this is fast becoming a yearly "Middleton tradition". Maybe in the future, they will bring their child(ren) along for annual holidays, complete with photocalls, like what many other royal families do.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
I'm not envious at all, I'm off to the sun myself next week but I've actually earned my break.
I think William has earned his break too - he reportedly has been flying many, many hours recently.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Since when does someone have to earn a holiday? If I could afford it, I'd take a holiday whenever I darn well pleased, public/my boss's opinion be damned.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Majesty

The Cambridges have earned their break too.

I think William & Catherine will continue to take vacations every year (or when they can) and with their children. It's something William is pretty much used to because Charles & Diana took the boys on vacations on a regular bases. Now the family is bigger.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Since when does someone have to earn a holiday? If I could afford it, I'd take a holiday whenever I darn well pleased, public/my boss's opinion be damned.
Very true, Duchess of Durham, lol. If i've got the money, i'm going.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Courtier

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge jet off to £19k-a-week Caribbean villa on last holiday before Kate's baby arrives | Mail Online
Old 02-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, if this is true then fair enough. They can afford it, but it obviously means she is well enough to do work now.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Courtier

Royal Forum Morons@RoyalForumMoronRumours that Prince William and Kate Middleton will be at Jump Up tomorrow night on #mustique at #basilsbar
Old 02-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Well, if this is true then fair enough. They can afford it, but it obviously means she is well enough to do work now.
Good point. I'm all for anyone taking a holiday.
Kate next official act is on Feb 19th.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
It has been reported that Kate has been working, we just haven't seen it. My boss knows I do my work, even though he isn't standing behind me watching.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Courtier

Holiday and some rest before get back to work. Sounds ok to me.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
It has been reported that Kate has been working, we just haven't seen it. My boss knows I do my work, even though he isn't standing behind me watching.

Excactly

And i hope they will have a fantastic holiday, they deserve that :-)
Old 02-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Whilst I agree nobody needs to 'deserve' a holiday, this couple haven't earnt it at all. William and Catherine clearly have no idea about public perception.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
Gee William seems to have a pretty regular work schedule with the SAR which is his actual job. Are you suggesting that everyone in the SAR does not deserve to take a vacation or is it just William as an SAR pilot is not entitled to the same breaks/vacations as people holding the same job? Is he not entitled to take his wife on vacation with him?
Old 02-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
From what we know, they also went there with the Middletons around the same time last year. Seems like this is fast becoming a yearly "Middleton tradition". Maybe in the future, they will bring their child(ren) along for annual holidays, complete with photocalls, like what many other royal families do.
This has been a Middleton tradition of a long time now. They always go around Carole birthday, has been since at least Kate was in College
Old 02-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Yes, but your job/position is not being watched by an entire population, nor are you spotted out in £££'s worth of clothing shopping, yet you are meant to be suffering from a debilitating sickness. I am merely expressing what a lot if people think. They can of course afford a holiday, I just don't think it helps the public's perception.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Courtier

What public's perception? Other than the people on this forums and the daily mail, my understanding is that the public could care less
Old 02-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Yes, but your job/position is not being watched by an entire population, nor are you spotted out in £££'s worth of clothing shopping, yet you are meant to be suffering from a debilitating sickness. I am merely expressing what a lot if people think. They can of course afford a holiday, I just don't think it helps the public's perception.
1. My job is being watched by an entire population. If I don't do my job there are major consequences for people.
2. I do wear expensive, by some people's standards, clothes, which I shop for myself.
3. I do suffer from an illness that at times does knock me on my rear and have to spend a few days in bed.

Until you walk in someone else's shoes, judgement should be reserved.