The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
All the old assumptions about the relationship between the royals and the press are now null and void. With the rampant law-breaking of the press over recent years, the media landscape in the UK is utterly changed. Even the BBC, whom we used to trust so much that it was nicknamed 'Auntie', has been fundamentally weakened in terms of public perception due to recent revelations.

The monarchy has probably not been in such a strong position in many decades. Over recent years in the UK we've seen almost all our public institutions revealed to be corrupt, totally untrustworthy, or involved in illegal activity on an almost endemic basis. Politicians, police, the press, churches, the list goes on and on. The only institution to have actually improved its position in the eyes of the public in that time? The royal family.

The royals have an opportunity to shape their relationship with the press that's unlikely to come around again too soon. It seems William is taking the bull by the horns.
Great post; excellent summary of current situation

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Majesty

Prince William and Kate Middleton spend New Year's Eve apart as he takes part in RAF search for man in sea off Blackpool - Mirror Online

Old 01-01-2013, 11:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I really have to admire folks that are on duty for holidays and special occasions. I really don't think either Wills or Kate would see it as the end of the world if they weren't together on NYE, we were sound asleep here when the gong struck midnight.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:24 AM
Majesty

I agree. I did think they had celebrated New Years Eve with each other but it's good to know William and the crew was out trying to save a life.

This will be an interesting and exciting year for them. It's hard for me to hide my excitement for them.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Take this with a grain of salt
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge planning a party | Royals | Entertainment | STV
Old 01-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Majesty

Just what the Doctor ordered: ‘Tardis’ police box will land at Duchess of Cambridge's palace:
Just what the Doctor ordered:
Old 01-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Courtier

Behind the wheel, Kate's Man Friday: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge get their first orderly (and he'll even organise William's wardrobe) | Mail Online

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have employed their first orderly as they face big changes in their lives.
They have seconded the young Fijian-born corporal from the Parachute Regiment.
His role involves chauffeuring, logistics and even organising Prince William’s wardrobe. The Daily Mail has been asked not to name him.
The orderly has been seen driving William and Kate on several official engagements. He drove the duchess when she visited her former preparatory school, St Andrew’s in Berkshire – where she showed off her hockey skills – in November, shortly before she was taken to hospital with acute morning sickness.
A royal aide said: ‘I have to say he is a lovely guy – like all Army, a superb can-do attitude and great sense of humour.’

The cost, which is not known, is being borne by the Ministry of Defence, and therefore the taxpayer.

I think its interesting that he is still being paid by the MoD especially after St James' have continually said that Wills and Kate (and Harry) would have their office costs and staff costs met by the Prince of Wales through the Duchy of Cornwall.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Behind the wheel, Kate's Man Friday: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge get their first orderly (and he'll even organise William's wardrobe) | Mail Online

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have employed their first orderly as they face big changes in their lives.
They have seconded the young Fijian-born corporal from the Parachute Regiment.
His role involves chauffeuring, logistics and even organising Prince William’s wardrobe. The Daily Mail has been asked not to name him.
The orderly has been seen driving William and Kate on several official engagements. He drove the duchess when she visited her former preparatory
school, St Andrew’s in Berkshire – where she showed off her hockey skills – in November, shortly before she was taken to hospital with acute morning sickness.

A royal aide said: ‘I have to say he is a lovely guy – like all Army, a superb
can-do attitude and great sense of humour.

The cost, which is not known, is being borne by the Ministry of Defence, and therefore the taxpayer.

I think its interesting that he is still being paid by the MoD especially after St James' have continually said that Wills and Kate (and Harry) would have their office costs and staff costs met by the Prince of Wales through the Duchy of Cornwall.
Military personnel seconded to work for the royals are always paid by the MoD since they are technically MoD employees. Various royals have equerries and orderlies from the military typically it's a 2 year secondment as it's seen as something to help with their career path.

William and Harry's ( and Kate's ) principal private secretary Jamie Lowther Pinkerton had been an equerry for the Queen Mum when he was a serving officer.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor William & Kate have employed their first "orderly" as they face big changes. He is a Fijian-born corporal from the Parachute Regiment.

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor
William & Kate's Orderly's role involves chauffeuring, logistics & organising Prince William’s wardrobe.

Prince William's appointment of an Fijian Para "Orderly" suggests Prince will be doing more royal duties in future.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor William & Kate have employed their first "orderly" as they face big changes. He is a Fijian-born corporal from the Parachute Regiment.

William & Kate's Orderly's role involves chauffeuring, logistics & organising Prince William’s wardrobe.

Prince William's appointment of an Fijian Para "Orderly" suggests Prince will be doing more royal duties in future.
as said on twitter it's possibly a sign of big changes ahead for the royal couple
Old 01-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Needless to say, a slew of off topic posts have been deleted.

Let's stay on topic with the Current Events of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Please note that personal attacks against other members WILL NOT be tolerated.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Administrator

Please note all posts regarding homes for the Cambridges have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-29282-15.html.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Majesty

Video:
Queen decrees Kate’s firstborn girl will be a princess:
Queen decrees Kate

The video includes new pictures of the royal couple and the Middleton family celebrating Catherine's birthday at the theatre last night.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Seriously waiting for someone in that video to mention that Catherine might outrank her own daughter.

Surprised we haven't seen those theatre pictures in this morning's papers, someone was sneaky.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Seriously waiting for someone in that video to mention that Catherine might outrank her own daughter.

Surprised we haven't seen those theatre pictures in this morning's papers, someone was sneaky.
Just wait.. film at 11.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate and William were spotted at the theatre celebrating her birthday. Went to see Cirque Du Soleil

Pics: Duchess Kate: Kate's Celebrates 31st Birthday at Cirque Du Soleil
Old 01-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Duchess of Cambridge celebrates 31st birthday with family outing - Telegraph
Exclusive: Kate Middleton at Cirque Du Soleil | E! Online
Old 01-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Kate and William were spotted at the theatre celebrating her birthday. Went to see Cirque Du Soleil

Pics: Duchess Kate: Kate's Celebrates 31st Birthday at Cirque Du Soleil
I'm glad that Catherine felt well enough to celebrate her birthday. It certainly looked as if she was enjoying herself.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Nobility

The video taken of their RH's, irespective of who took the video is a total violation of their privacy!!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Courtier

It's so nice to see them again!

I was sure she spend her birthday in London with her family