The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 03:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

I imagine that when Kate is Princess of Wales, she'll be called Princess Kate by the press, even though it's technically inaccurate.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I imagine that when Kate is Princess of Wales, she'll be called Princess Kate by the press, even though it's technically inaccurate.
That's nothing new though, Camilla is still called by her married surname.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
That's nothing new though, Camilla is still called by her married surname.
I agree. The late Diana, Princess of Wales was often called in the public/ by the press Princess Di or sometimes even Lady Di even though she was already married to the Princess of Wales at that time.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
I agree. The late Diana, Princess of Wales was often called in the public/ by the press Princess Di or sometimes even Lady Di even though she was already married to the Princess of Wales at that time.
By all accounts that I've heard, Diana was the first to correct people too when they called her Princess Diana.

TBH, I'm happy they've not stuck the moniker of Princess on Kate. From most of what I've seen, its either Kate Middleton or The Duchess of Cambridge. Right now I'd wager that Kate herself is just wishing and hoping for the day someone says "Mommy".
Old 12-31-2012, 06:25 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Kate Middleton spotted today buying mini cheddar from a petrol station in Berkshire! Pic on Twitter
https://mobile.twitter.com/jade_sinc...37209069375489
At least she's eating something
Old 12-31-2012, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

I find this and I thought it's maybe interesting:

Tear Sheets - Images | i-Images
Old 12-31-2012, 08:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess jones View Post
At least she's eating something
Poor thing. One can imagine how she must have felt during the drive and suddenly needed something to fill a hole in the stomach. Nibbling at cheese is a really sensible thing to do in such a case.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:41 AM
Gentry

To me it seems a little bit weird being so sick and eating cheddar.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:53 AM
Courtier

Somehow I don't see this happening...

MP proposes Duchess of Cambridge should be called 'Princess Consort' when William becomes King | Mail Online
Old 12-31-2012, 10:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess jones View Post
To me it seems a little bit weird being so sick and eating cheddar.
It has been reported elsewhere that it was a packet of Mini Cheddars which is a brand of baked cheddar cheese biscuit? I'm not familiar with these, but note that dry cracker or biscuit-type foods are often used to quell nausea by pregnant women. Anyone familiar with Mini Cheddars?

And that brings up some interesting points. Since leaving the hospital, Kate has been:
  • at 1 public engagement, which she attended for about 45 minutes.
  • at 2 private lunches
  • at church on Christmas day
  • reported to be at Sandringham for Boxing Day. Because it was raining, she reportedly did not attend the shoot, neither did the Queen
  • stopped at a petrol station - possibly enroute to Berkshire - to reportedly buy Mini Cheddars
Did I miss anything - anything to add to the above?

So, in other words, although we have seen photos of her, she has had exactly 1 public appearance of a very short duration since she left hospital.

All other sightings and reports (that I'm aware of) are in places, that if she needed to be sick, she could do so relatively privately, without media around getting pics of her dashing to the loo.

Kate has also had the backing of the Queen (who announced, prior to Christmas) that she approved William and Kate spending Christmas Day in Berkshire.

It is my opinion that although Kate is coping and getting better, she still suffers from the effects of HG.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:22 AM
Nobility

What gives me pause about this latest photo of "Kate" is that thick belt that seems to be bound so tightly around her waist. Would a woman who is three months along really wear a belt that tight ... especially if she's having morning sickness?
Old 12-31-2012, 10:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
What gives me pause about this latest photo of "Kate" is that thick belt that seems to be bound so tightly around her waist. Would a woman who is three months along really wear a belt that tight ... especially if she's having morning sickness?
She has HG, she's always sick and that's why she looks so thin And pic is not very clear...
Old 12-31-2012, 10:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla Tominey's hilarious story is just classic. She decides to give William a dig, so she expects us to believe that a helicopter flying, motorbike loving, rugby and football playing soldier would prefer to watch Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart trying desperately to pretend that the whole thing isn't a steaming pile of horse manure, rather than the all-action, super-suave MI6 spy, James Bond?

I believe the appropriate term here is 'fail'.

Camilla Tominey tends to get on US TV quite a lot when there are big royal happenings with William and Kate. She obviously has no story to give Good Morning America or whatever show she appears on, so to maximise her potential airtime she decided to create one. Unfortunately, it's so transparently stupid as to be laughable.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to say that the 'Mini Cheddars' that Kate was buying are little crackers with a cheddar cheese flavouring. The crackers are small, about the size of a US quarter or 10p piece in the UK. They're very moreish, and it can be difficult to stop eating them when you start a packet.

Exactly what someone with nausea would be advised to eat. You can see them here:

Mini Cheddars. | Contains Scenes Of Mild Peril.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:54 PM
Nobility

Thank you EIIR

Quote:
If Kate were about 12 weeks pregnant, the fetus is only about the size of a plum. For a little giggle, here is the fruit and vegetable guide to pregnancy: Baby Size Chart - Fetus Size Chart
Old 12-31-2012, 02:18 PM
Nobility

Thanks, CanRoyal. Good chart for perspective! I was more concerned about the fact that she's probably still experiencing nausea, especially with HG. When my stomach is upset, I don't want anything touching it, let alone a tight belt. But everyone's different, so maybe the tightness helps her.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Thanks, CanRoyal. Good chart for perspective! I was more concerned about the fact that she's probably still experiencing nausea, especially with HG. When my stomach is upset, I don't want anything touching it, let alone a tight belt. But everyone's different, so maybe the tightness helps her.
I had HG when I was pregnant and as a result I didn't have a "proper" baby bump until the second trimester. It doen's mean anything is wrong with the baby as I ended up giving birth to healthy daughters
I remember I dreamed with food, particularly chocolate cake and watermelon (don't ask me why) and when I smelled the food I was sick...

I do think she's feeling better too although she still looks to thin
Old 12-31-2012, 02:28 PM
Majesty

I think HRH is now over the 12 week stage or just about now.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Royal blog: Palace says it didn't 'ban' William and Kate Christmas pictures | Richard Palmer | Columnists | Comment | Daily Express
Old 12-31-2012, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

Good article. The press in Britain is entirely free and an editorial decision was made by the Express and other mainstream media not to publish the photos, just like the Daily Mail made the decision to publish the photos and then made the decision to take them down.

For people saying the palace has the power and authority to 'ban' photos, can you please provide the specific statue that gives them this power?