The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #881  
Old 12-30-2012, 06:38 PM
MarNoe's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ohio, United States
Posts: 588
Just out of curiosity, why does the press still call her Kate Middleton?
__________________

__________________
  #882  
Old 12-30-2012, 06:40 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,380
Laziness and rudeness
__________________

__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #883  
Old 12-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ipswich, United Kingdom
Posts: 665
Yeah you would of thought after over a year they would get it right.
__________________
  #884  
Old 12-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NN, Lithuania
Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
Just out of curiosity, why does the press still call her Kate Middleton?
Tradition

Mary of Teck
Alexandra of Denmark
Anne Boleyn
Catherine of Aragon
Catherine Parr
Jane Seymour

Queens-consorts don't have regnal numbers for identification but they have maiden surnames or dynastic names.
__________________
  #885  
Old 12-30-2012, 07:51 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,786
for the record I'm almost certain it was Kate in the pic cause she's been spotted wearing the same outfit(well technically the same sweater) before when she went to Peter Jones
See this pic: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_4DupTlAZZ...600/farrah.jpg
__________________
  #886  
Old 12-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Me too.
But then, I find it hard to believe that anyone wants to watch that!
So true, watching the first movie in the Twilight series was enough for me. I'd definitely watch Skyfall for a second time over that!
__________________
A book should be either a bandit or a rebel or a man in the crowd..... D.H. Lawrence
  #887  
Old 12-30-2012, 07:55 PM
hkittybaby's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
for the record I'm almost certain it was Kate in the pic cause she's been spotted wearing the same outfit(well technically the same sweater) before when she went to Peter Jones
See this pic: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_4DupTlAZZ...600/farrah.jpg
I'm sure it's Kate too
__________________
“Yes, well, I really hope I can make a difference, even in the smallest way. I am looking forward to helping as much as I can.”
Catherine Middleton
  #888  
Old 12-30-2012, 07:56 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,380


OK I'm getting persuaded. But her face looks so very thin.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #889  
Old 12-30-2012, 09:00 PM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 1729 Noneofyourbusiness Drive, United States
Posts: 2,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Tradition

Mary of Teck
Alexandra of Denmark
Anne Boleyn
Catherine of Aragon
Catherine Parr
Jane Seymour

Queens-consorts don't have regnal numbers for identification but they have maiden surnames or dynastic names.
That is a very good point that I have never made. Most famous British women who married into the family are known by their birth names.
__________________
Princess Grace, April 19, 1956
Princess Margaret Rose, May 6, 1960
Crown Princess Mette-Marit, August 25, 2001
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
  #890  
Old 12-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,768
And I suppose another reason is that we knew Kate Middleton by that name for so long before her marriage that it's hard to break the habit, although a lot of people do take exception to referring to her by her maiden name. But some people are just more famous with their given names, as are the examples given by Spheno.

I also have to add Eleanor of Aquitaine to that list.
__________________
A book should be either a bandit or a rebel or a man in the crowd..... D.H. Lawrence
  #891  
Old 12-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Princess Victoria's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Winter Park, United States
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post


OK I'm getting persuaded. But her face looks so very thin.
I'm thinking poor Kate is really ill and the reasons behind William's erratic behavior.
__________________
  #892  
Old 12-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, United States
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I think it is an article of revenge because of William's insistence that the tabloids don't publish pics of Catherine at the moment.

I doubt that unnamed "estate worker" has any insight into the decisions made at the main house. Probably they really changed the film but I doubt on William's orders, but maybe because they couldn't get the copy of Skyfall and had to take Twilight instead? But I can imagine that someone with no real knowledge might assume that it was because William had already seen Skyfall, then goes to the pub and blabbs to journalists who then write the story, which is published in order to show William what can happen if he doesn't give in to the media....
I don' t believe it. I think if the Queen had wanted to see Skyfall, then that is what would have been shown.
__________________
  #893  
Old 12-30-2012, 09:53 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post


OK I'm getting persuaded. But her face looks so very thin.
True but I'm thinking it's because the shot is taken from far away and in not the greatest quality as well as the fact she's prob lost some weight from the HG. I mean if she can't keep much down I wouldn't expect to see her gain much weight yet. I'm hoping it'll soon stop and she'll be able to enjoy the rest of the pregnancy. Cause I'm sure right now it's prob been nothing short of a nightmare. Or atleast that's how I'd feel.
__________________
  #894  
Old 12-30-2012, 09:56 PM
scooter's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: katonah, United States
Posts: 2,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Tradition

Mary of Teck
Alexandra of Denmark
Anne Boleyn
Catherine of Aragon
Catherine Parr
Jane Seymour

Queens-consorts don't have regnal numbers for identification but they have maiden surnames or dynastic names.
We could add Camilla Parker-Bowles. People here get in such a twist when she is referred that way by the media. But I completely agree with Spheno, that it is commonly/traditionally done.
__________________
  #895  
Old 12-31-2012, 01:25 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Yeahmate, Australia
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
Just out of curiosity, why does the press still call her Kate Middleton?
It's better than the American habit of celeb' couple naming.

You'd end up with nonsense like Willkate, Katewill or KatWii.

*shudders*
__________________
  #896  
Old 12-31-2012, 01:30 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 3,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Lots of magazines reviewing 2012. Here is a picture gallery of William and Catherine from popsugar. If this is the wrong place, can a mod. please move. Thanks.

Best Pictures of Prince William and Kate Middleton in 2012
What a wonderful collection!

My favorites are:

1) The pic of them at the Olympics when Kate has her arms around Wills and they're obviously joyous. (Love the way so many pics are of them looking at each other.)

2) The beach one with Lupo

3) The one where Kate is wearing the head covering.
__________________
“We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
~~~ John Lennon ~~~
  #897  
Old 12-31-2012, 01:38 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 3,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camm2 View Post
It's better than the American habit of celeb' couple naming.

You'd end up with nonsense like Willkate, Katewill or KatWii.

*shudders*
They definitely are a team though. Wouldn't surprise me if in the future they're William and Catherine just like you think of Victoria and Albert and William and Mary and Elizabeth and Philip and the list goes on.

I have noticed though (and I'm guilty too) that we see a lot of W&K here on the boards. Hmmm.. just thought of something... if you take William's first initial and add the last three letters of Kate, we got Wate. Waity Katie (gods I hated that) and Wills made the perfect team.
__________________
“We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
~~~ John Lennon ~~~
  #898  
Old 12-31-2012, 02:23 AM
Tiggersk8's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Evansville, Canada
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Tradition

Mary of Teck
Alexandra of Denmark
Anne Boleyn
Catherine of Aragon
Catherine Parr
Jane Seymour

Queens-consorts don't have regnal numbers for identification but they have maiden surnames or dynastic names.
Actually, no. It's laziness and a sad state of today's Journalistic Standards. Catherine/Kate Middleton ceased to exist the instant the words, "I will." were said by her on April of 2011 in Westminster Abbey. She became HRH The Duchess of Cambridge or Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge or Duchess Kate or even Princess Kate since the day one of our members here posted quite the interesting piece on how in Scotland, she is indeed HRH Princess Catherine of Scotland due to differences in various Marriages Laws (Not sure of the proper term and I was up far too early this morning too. Even w/a nap, I'm running out of steam) and the Royal Family when it comes to their titles in England and in Scotland....

*However* Kate Middleton is all kinds of wrong and is just pure laziness on the part of the media these days. Even Anderson Cooper still calls her that and he especially should know better!!

I apologize for the rant and especially for that horrific run on sentence up there. I cringe just looking at it, but couldn't be helped I'm afraid.

As for that stupid immature article in the Express...You've got to be kidding me? Poor wittle vultures got caught breaking the rules the Palace laid down when it was announced the Cambridges would not be at Sandringham and this is how the react? Instead of apologizing, and showing some maturity and some common sense in doing such a thing, instead they pull of a stupid revenge smackdown piece of trash article instead.

Well, two can play at that game. As Duke of Earl has said, wouldn't it serve these twits right if they suddenly found themselves on the outside looking in for the rest of Kate's Preganancy and then for the first year of the little HRH on the way.

More than likely won't happen, but I bet Will and Kate wish they could do just that.
__________________
Recycle Life ~ Be An Organ Donor!!
Recieved my Kidney Transplant on December 10th, 1993 and will be forever grateful to the family of my donor for the greatest earliest Christmas Present I've ever been given
  #899  
Old 12-31-2012, 02:31 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 3,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Well, two can play at that game. As Duke of Earl has said, wouldn't it serve these twits right if they suddenly found themselves on the outside looking in for the rest of Kate's Preganancy and then for the first year of the little HRH on the way.
Knowing how much William loves the press and how stubborn he can be and how he's protective of Kate, I can surely guess who will lost out.
__________________
“We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
~~~ John Lennon ~~~
  #900  
Old 12-31-2012, 02:46 AM
AnnEliza's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Actually, no. It's laziness and a sad state of today's Journalistic Standards. Catherine/Kate Middleton ceased to exist the instant the words, "I will." were said by her on April of 2011 in Westminster Abbey. She became HRH The Duchess of Cambridge or Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge or Duchess Kate or even Princess Kate since the day one of our members here posted quite the interesting piece on how in Scotland, she is indeed HRH Princess Catherine of Scotland due to differences in various Marriages Laws (Not sure of the proper term and I was up far too early this morning too. Even w/a nap, I'm running out of steam) and the Royal Family when it comes to their titles in England and in Scotland....

*However* Kate Middleton is all kinds of wrong and is just pure laziness on the part of the media these days. Even Anderson Cooper still calls her that and he especially should know better!!

I apologize for the rant and especially for that horrific run on sentence up there. I cringe just looking at it, but couldn't be helped I'm afraid.

As for that stupid immature article in the Express...You've got to be kidding me? Poor wittle vultures got caught breaking the rules the Palace laid down when it was announced the Cambridges would not be at Sandringham and this is how the react? Instead of apologizing, and showing some maturity and some common sense in doing such a thing, instead they pull of a stupid revenge smackdown piece of trash article instead.

Well, two can play at that game. As Duke of Earl has said, wouldn't it serve these twits right if they suddenly found themselves on the outside looking in for the rest of Kate's Preganancy and then for the first year of the little HRH on the way.

More than likely won't happen, but I bet Will and Kate wish they could do just that.
True, after all Diana was called, though inaccurately, Princess Diana, or Princess Di. Names such as Anne Boleyn seem to be used historically perhaps to differentiate her from Anne of Cleves, or she was referred to that way (and in less flattering terms) by ambassadors who considered her marriage to the King invalid and bigamous.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duchess of Cambridge current events 2: 1 February 2012 - 5 January 2013 Zonk Current Events Archive 1905 01-05-2013 07:37 PM
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge current events 3: April 2 - September 10 2012 ghost_night554 Current Events Archive 983 09-13-2012 05:07 PM
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events Thread 2: 1 December 2011 - 1 April 2012 Zonk Current Events Archive 887 04-03-2012 10:16 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth bourbon-parma charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jewellery jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman picture of the month pieter van vollenhoven pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]