The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Courtier

Just out of curiosity, why does the press still call her Kate Middleton?

Old 12-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Laziness and rudeness

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Courtier

Yeah you would of thought after over a year they would get it right.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
Tradition

Mary of Teck
Alexandra of Denmark
Anne Boleyn
Catherine of Aragon
Catherine Parr
Jane Seymour

Queens-consorts don't have regnal numbers for identification but they have maiden surnames or dynastic names.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

for the record I'm almost certain it was Kate in the pic cause she's been spotted wearing the same outfit(well technically the same sweater) before when she went to Peter Jones
See this pic: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_4DupTlAZZ...600/farrah.jpg
Old 12-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Me too.
But then, I find it hard to believe that anyone wants to watch that!
So true, watching the first movie in the Twilight series was enough for me. I'd definitely watch Skyfall for a second time over that!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
for the record I'm almost certain it was Kate in the pic cause she's been spotted wearing the same outfit(well technically the same sweater) before when she went to Peter Jones
See this pic: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_4DupTlAZZ...600/farrah.jpg
I'm sure it's Kate too
Old 12-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent

OK I'm getting persuaded. But her face looks so very thin.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Tradition

Mary of Teck
Alexandra of Denmark
Anne Boleyn
Catherine of Aragon
Catherine Parr
Jane Seymour

Queens-consorts don't have regnal numbers for identification but they have maiden surnames or dynastic names.
That is a very good point that I have never made. Most famous British women who married into the family are known by their birth names.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 12-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent

And I suppose another reason is that we knew Kate Middleton by that name for so long before her marriage that it's hard to break the habit, although a lot of people do take exception to referring to her by her maiden name. But some people are just more famous with their given names, as are the examples given by Spheno.

I also have to add Eleanor of Aquitaine to that list.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

I'm thinking poor Kate is really ill and the reasons behind William's erratic behavior.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I think it is an article of revenge because of William's insistence that the tabloids don't publish pics of Catherine at the moment.

I doubt that unnamed "estate worker" has any insight into the decisions made at the main house. Probably they really changed the film but I doubt on William's orders, but maybe because they couldn't get the copy of Skyfall and had to take Twilight instead? But I can imagine that someone with no real knowledge might assume that it was because William had already seen Skyfall, then goes to the pub and blabbs to journalists who then write the story, which is published in order to show William what can happen if he doesn't give in to the media....
I don' t believe it. I think if the Queen had wanted to see Skyfall, then that is what would have been shown.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

True but I'm thinking it's because the shot is taken from far away and in not the greatest quality as well as the fact she's prob lost some weight from the HG. I mean if she can't keep much down I wouldn't expect to see her gain much weight yet. I'm hoping it'll soon stop and she'll be able to enjoy the rest of the pregnancy. Cause I'm sure right now it's prob been nothing short of a nightmare. Or atleast that's how I'd feel.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Tradition

Mary of Teck
Alexandra of Denmark
Anne Boleyn
Catherine of Aragon
Catherine Parr
Jane Seymour

We could add Camilla Parker-Bowles. People here get in such a twist when she is referred that way by the media. But I completely agree with Spheno, that it is commonly/traditionally done.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:25 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
It's better than the American habit of celeb' couple naming.

You'd end up with nonsense like Willkate, Katewill or KatWii.

*shudders*
Old 12-31-2012, 01:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Lots of magazines reviewing 2012. Here is a picture gallery of William and Catherine from popsugar. If this is the wrong place, can a mod. please move. Thanks.

Best Pictures of Prince William and Kate Middleton in 2012
What a wonderful collection!

My favorites are:

1) The pic of them at the Olympics when Kate has her arms around Wills and they're obviously joyous. (Love the way so many pics are of them looking at each other.)

2) The beach one with Lupo

3) The one where Kate is wearing the head covering.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camm2 View Post
It's better than the American habit of celeb' couple naming.

You'd end up with nonsense like Willkate, Katewill or KatWii.

*shudders*
They definitely are a team though. Wouldn't surprise me if in the future they're William and Catherine just like you think of Victoria and Albert and William and Mary and Elizabeth and Philip and the list goes on.

I have noticed though (and I'm guilty too) that we see a lot of W&K here on the boards. Hmmm.. just thought of something... if you take William's first initial and add the last three letters of Kate, we got Wate. Waity Katie (gods I hated that) and Wills made the perfect team.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Tradition

Mary of Teck
Alexandra of Denmark
Anne Boleyn
Catherine of Aragon
Catherine Parr
Jane Seymour

Actually, no. It's laziness and a sad state of today's Journalistic Standards. Catherine/Kate Middleton ceased to exist the instant the words, "I will." were said by her on April of 2011 in Westminster Abbey. She became HRH The Duchess of Cambridge or Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge or Duchess Kate or even Princess Kate since the day one of our members here posted quite the interesting piece on how in Scotland, she is indeed HRH Princess Catherine of Scotland due to differences in various Marriages Laws (Not sure of the proper term and I was up far too early this morning too. Even w/a nap, I'm running out of steam) and the Royal Family when it comes to their titles in England and in Scotland....

*However* Kate Middleton is all kinds of wrong and is just pure laziness on the part of the media these days. Even Anderson Cooper still calls her that and he especially should know better!!

I apologize for the rant and especially for that horrific run on sentence up there. I cringe just looking at it, but couldn't be helped I'm afraid.

As for that stupid immature article in the Express...You've got to be kidding me? Poor wittle vultures got caught breaking the rules the Palace laid down when it was announced the Cambridges would not be at Sandringham and this is how the react? Instead of apologizing, and showing some maturity and some common sense in doing such a thing, instead they pull of a stupid revenge smackdown piece of trash article instead.

Well, two can play at that game. As Duke of Earl has said, wouldn't it serve these twits right if they suddenly found themselves on the outside looking in for the rest of Kate's Preganancy and then for the first year of the little HRH on the way.

More than likely won't happen, but I bet Will and Kate wish they could do just that.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Well, two can play at that game. As Duke of Earl has said, wouldn't it serve these twits right if they suddenly found themselves on the outside looking in for the rest of Kate's Preganancy and then for the first year of the little HRH on the way.
Knowing how much William loves the press and how stubborn he can be and how he's protective of Kate, I can surely guess who will lost out.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Actually, no. It's laziness and a sad state of today's Journalistic Standards. Catherine/Kate Middleton ceased to exist the instant the words, "I will." were said by her on April of 2011 in Westminster Abbey. She became HRH The Duchess of Cambridge or Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge or Duchess Kate or even Princess Kate since the day one of our members here posted quite the interesting piece on how in Scotland, she is indeed HRH Princess Catherine of Scotland due to differences in various Marriages Laws (Not sure of the proper term and I was up far too early this morning too. Even w/a nap, I'm running out of steam) and the Royal Family when it comes to their titles in England and in Scotland....

*However* Kate Middleton is all kinds of wrong and is just pure laziness on the part of the media these days. Even Anderson Cooper still calls her that and he especially should know better!!

I apologize for the rant and especially for that horrific run on sentence up there. I cringe just looking at it, but couldn't be helped I'm afraid.

As for that stupid immature article in the Express...You've got to be kidding me? Poor wittle vultures got caught breaking the rules the Palace laid down when it was announced the Cambridges would not be at Sandringham and this is how the react? Instead of apologizing, and showing some maturity and some common sense in doing such a thing, instead they pull of a stupid revenge smackdown piece of trash article instead.

More than likely won't happen, but I bet Will and Kate wish they could do just that.
True, after all Diana was called, though inaccurately, Princess Diana, or Princess Di. Names such as Anne Boleyn seem to be used historically perhaps to differentiate her from Anne of Cleves, or she was referred to that way (and in less flattering terms) by ambassadors who considered her marriage to the King invalid and bigamous.