The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I think sanity can be brought to this subject by asking ourselves "If I were there at that moment would I have snapped a photo?" Be honest, of course you would have (as I would have, too.) It is much ado about nothing.
I have to agree with you - I would have wanted a pic - even a bad one!

I NEVER approach celebs - they really do not care to meet me - so I let them have space. But, when I see, them, I do watch them. It is a weakness, I know.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Taking a picture is one thing, selling it to the media for millions and for millions to see is another. Why some people can't grasp or refuse to understand the difference between a public figure having a right to privacy is beyond me. Just because William is a prince shouldn't mean he gets photographed every waking moment of his life. Why is it so hard to just get pictures when he is doing his public job and leave him alone when he isn't on the clock?

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 12-28-2012, 04:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I'll be 110% honest. I loved waking up Christmas morning and seeing pics of William and Catherine at church because tbh I didn't think we'd see them at all. At that point though I had no clue about the agreement. And I still really don't know what I feel when it comes to all this kinda torn, I see both sides of the story tbh.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Taking a picture is one thing, selling it to the media for millions and for millions to see is another. Why some people can't grasp or refuse to understand the difference between a public figure having a right to privacy is beyond me. Just because William is a prince shouldn't mean he gets photographed every waking moment of his life. Why is it so hard to just get pictures when he is doing his public job and leave him alone when he isn't on the clock?
Well said! I share your sentiments and agree with you 100%.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:20 AM
Courtier

Paul Harrison@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #boxingday #William joined his grandfather for a morning’s hunting while #Kate remained with the Queen as it was pouring with rain.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:20 AM
Courtier

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge finally join rest of Royal Family for belated Christmas celebration - just in time for annual pheasant shoot | Mail Online
Old 12-28-2012, 07:53 AM
Gentry

I'm happy to hear they will spend some time with Charles and Camilla.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess jones View Post
I'm happy to hear they will spend some time with Charles and Camilla.
I don't know if theses sources are true or not. I think Pippa is hosting a party in new year's eve and William and Kate will be there just like last year
Old 12-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Nobility

They are suppose to be flying to Birkhall after Sandringham. Pippa is hosting a party in Scotland?
Old 12-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
They are suppose to be flying to Birkhall after Sandringham. Pippa is hosting a party in Scotland?
I believe she's hosting a party in Bucklebury
Old 12-28-2012, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
I believe she's hosting a party in Bucklebury
I'd be surprised if they were there then. Last year, they did Christmas at Sandrigham so it made sense for Kate to get New Year with her family. This year, since they were with her family for Christmas, I imagine it's more likely that they'll be with Charles and Camilla for New Year than it is that they'll head back to Bucklebiury.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I'd be surprised if they were there then. Last year, they did Christmas at Sandrigham so it made sense for Kate to get New Year with her family. This year, since they were with her family for Christmas, I imagine it's more likely that they'll be with Charles and Camilla for New Year than it is that they'll head back to Bucklebiury.
probably you are right
Old 12-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
It would be nice if you were on target with this.

Dealing only with the here and now of Charles and Camilla - most people describe Camilla as 'down to earth' when they meet her. That, coupled with the fact that both William and Harry think highly of their father, should make for a nice holiday season trifecta (Bucklebury for Kate's parents, Sandringham for the Royal Family, and Birkhall for William's father and his father's wife).
Old 12-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Serene Highness

I would think that they would stay in the London area or Wales if Wills has to work . If Kate is still getting sick, you would not want to be in plane plus birkhall is pretty remote and could have bad weather in Scotland.

Kate's birthday is Jan 9 so they would probably have something with her family.

She isn't going to be drinking so, my vote would be KP snuggled with Wills & Lupo on New Years Eve.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:28 AM
Courtier

If she's still so sick, maybe she would not want to have such a long trip. When I was sick in both my pregnancies i avoided it. And she was really brave to make a 3,5 hours journey to Sandringham!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:16 AM
Courtier

Prince William's Christmas bust-up | UK | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express

I think Harry is a lovely guy. William -- he is who he is.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
I would believe that if 1; he hadn't asked for Twilight instead and 2; Skyfall and Twilight Part 2 aren't out on DVD yet so someone would have had to pull some major strings to get a private viewing.

However, without those two factors, I could see William pulling something off like that.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I don't believe this story is true
Old 12-30-2012, 08:24 AM
Nobility

I don't believe everything papers write - a lot of it is just made up stuff.

The Royal Family have regularly private viewings, even before films are in the cinema - not DVD but filmrols of course.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
What utter rubbish.