Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: September 2012-February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a book party for Pippa? It must be pretty important to miss the Women's event with William that she attended last year. Hope we hear something!

I thought that was tonight, the Women's event William is attending solo.

Maybe a book party for Pippa? It must be pretty important to miss the Women's event with William that she attended last year. Hope we hear something!
I thought it could be Pippa's book party but heard that it is on 25 October

I hope we hear somthing too:)

I don't think it could be for Pippa; wouldn't all the Middletons be present for that?

Then they need to get over it. I can understand not looking happy because it was a tough day for William, but they're going to be papped everywhere and they were outside of a club on their way home, it's not it's private property (but then again;))

They may be used to it, but they are under no obligation to smile for the paps when the paps interrupt a private night out.

Then they need to get over it. I can understand not looking happy because it was a tough day for William, but they're going to be papped everywhere and they were outside of a club on their way home, it's not it's private property (but then again;))

Oh bull. If you had cameras in your face every time you set foot outside, you'd get weary of it too. I think it's their own way of giving the middle finger to the paps...we're not going to give you so much as a smirk. Good on William and Kate, I say. If I want smiles, I'll look at the legit photos.

COESpiral said:
Oh bull. If you had cameras in your face every time you set foot outside, you'd get weary of it too. I think it's their own way of giving the middle finger to the paps...we're not going to give you so much as a smirk. Good on William and Kate, I say. If I want smiles, I'll look at the legit photos.

Exactly what are legit photos these days? Don't make me laugh. Catherine and William are in the paps eyes 24/7, suck it up. If HM can smile after 60 years these two can after doing barely nothing. If Catherine can go topless for the world to see, she can actually look like she's enjoying herself once in a while.

The British press has no involvement with the closer scandal, I don't see why they deserve the middle finger.

NGalitzine said:
They may be used to it, but they are under no obligation to smile for the paps when the paps interrupt a private night out.

How did they interrupt a night out? Do you have nights out on pavements getting into cars? It's public property. The Queen gets snapped boarding a train, Catherine and William actually going out is news.

If HM can smile after 60 years these two can after doing barely nothing. If Catherine can go topless for the world to see, she can actually look like she's enjoying herself once in a while.

The British press has no involvement with the closer scandal, I don't see why they deserve the middle finger.

How did they interrupt a night out? Do you have nights out on pavements getting into cars? It's public property. The Queen gets snapped boarding a train, Catherine and William actually going out is news.

I see a lot of photos of the queen observing rather than smiling (think the Ireland trip this year for starters).

I missed the middle finger... (where?)

Remember William pointedly telling the photogs on the Asia trip - "Since you asked so nicely..." meaning they would give more photo time. I don't think Wills and Catherine were asked nicely here. Rather they were probably screamed at while they were off duty and so the paps can just get these kinds of photos. Why give them one that will pay more - it only encourages the behavior.

They didn't actually give anyone the middle finger. The poster in question apparently believes that not smiling and encouraging the paparazzi is equivalent to that.

Edit: I also just need to say that I find the comment about Kate "going topless for all the world to see" very offensive and uncalled for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly what are legit photos these days? Don't make me laugh...I don't see why they deserve the middle finger...
I think that your entitled to your opinion but your use of language is unnecessary. Everyone on this forum is entitled to courtesy as well as having their say.

The Duchess spent the last 3 days doing her duty and smiled all the way through it. Some down time is allowed and this was the case. I agree with NGalitzine that they don't have to pander when off duty.

They are still part time. You may not agree with it but if HMQ is happy then that's fine with me.

AdmirerUS said:
I missed the middle finger... (where?)

They never gave them an actual middle finger, COESpiral suggesting that their lack of smiling was a sign to the press to 'go away'. Which for William I can understand.

HRHHermione said:
Edit: I also just need to say that I find the comment about Kate "going topless for all the world to see" very offensive and uncalled for.

She went topless, the world saw. My statement is correct, whether you find it offensive or not both parts are true.
If Catherine can do a hard days work and then go out till 11 was it? I don't see how looking a little less glum is hard. I'm not the only poster to have mentioned this yet I'm getting hounded.

cepe said:
I think that your entitled to your opinion but your use of language is unnecessary. Everyone on this forum is entitled to courtesy as well as having their say.

What language would that be? Because the middle finger was copied from another poster, and repeated by others not just myself. Topless is an actual word and suck it up is hardly offensive in this day an age.

Lumutqueen, I really dont agree with your view on what is offensive language. If you choose to use it then that is up to you. I stand by my opinion.

I think we'll leave it there then.

My original opinion still stands, the couple look glum. For William I can understand, he had just returned from his nannies funeral but Catherine had a nice day out by the looks of it.

Am I the only person who has not seen these topless photos?? Catherine on her worse day is light-years ahead of any European Princess. The fans of certain Scandinavian princesses need to put the claws away

Careful now, stating opinion as fact has got me into trouble a fair few times. I wouldn't make the same mistake Duke of Earl. We all have our opinions on what we like, beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course.

Am I the only person who has not seen these topless photos?? Catherine on her worse day is light-years ahead of any European Princess. The fans of certain Scandinavian princesses need to put the claws away

No you're not cos I've not seen them either. It was private time for them - I'd rather leave that there. They have little enough as it is.

Careful now, stating opinion as fact has got me into trouble a fair few times. I wouldn't make the same mistake Duke of Earl. We all have our opinions on what we like, beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course.

And you know what they say about opinions? I read your comments daily and IMO you don't like Catherine at all. It is too bad we couldn't have a frank discussion about a certain Euro princess because I would LOVE it! And I'm not just talking about beauty either. I guess the world isn't big enough for more than one superstar princess.

Last edited:
Duke-of-Earl said:

Nope, I haven't seen the pictures and don't plan on seeing them. It was their private holiday, and there's no need for those pictures to even exist.

Catherine on her worse day is light-years ahead of any European Princess. The fans of certain Scandinavian princesses need to put the claws away
With respect, that's your opinion.
Personally I think a lot of European Princesses, from Scandinavia and outside, have found the styles that are perfect for them and work it.

Kate's style is still in development. It's usually elegant and understated, but I would not go as far as to say she's ahead of any other Princesses, especially since fashion is a very subjective matter and everyone has his/her opinion on it.

With respect, that's your opinion.
Personally I think a lot of European Princesses, from Scandinavia and outside, have found the styles that are perfect for them and work it.

Kate's style is still in development. It's usually elegant and understated, but I would not go as far as to say she's ahead of any other Princesses, especially since fashion is a very subjective matter and everyone has his/her opinion on it.

Style as in her life essence. Style is not just Valentino or a world 'tour' the media have no interest in.

Last edited:

Actually yes, I consider my date night to start when I pick her up and to end when we get home so a pap snapping picks as we emerge from a restaurant and getting into a car is an invasion and I would feel under no obligation to flash them a cheery smile on a private night out.
HM gets snapped off duty as well and does not always feel the need to oblige with a smile. She has been known to look down right grumpy at times. She has even been known to tell the photographers to get out of the way if they block what she wants to see and no cheery smiles were involved. Anne would just tell the photographer to naff off if she felt like it.

Style as in her life essence. Style is not just Valentino or world a world 'tour' the media have no interest in.
But surely quality of work and dedication to it are far more important than what media is interested in? The media may not give a damn about Princess X's tour or engagement, but if she does make changes with it or represents her country on a level its citizens are satisfied with, it's far more important than, say, a shopping spree or a première attendance the media is interested in.

No you're not cos I've not seen them either. It was private time for them - I'd rather leave that there. They have little enough as it is.

I haven't seen any of the pictures of Kate in France. I actually imagine there are plenty of people who didn't see them, either because of the principle involved or from simple lack of interest... for me it was some of both.

:lol: Okay why is there again a discussion of the Scandinavian Princesses here on Kate's board ??? Am I missing something ?:ROFLMAO:

No, the Duchess did not go topless for the whole world to see. Lets not get into that here.

I think William & Catherine tried to not pay much attention to the media on their evening out but was focused on getting in the car and heading home. Looks like they had a nice evening out with their friends and Eugenie.

I think Catherine wears what's comfortable to her and waht suits her. Her style will change a bit over time but I think people just have to get used to her unique style and try not to compare her too much with the other European Princesses. She reminds me of Crown Princess Mary but they both have their own taste and I accept that.

:lol: Okay why is there again a discussion of the Scandinavian Princesses here on Kate's board ??? Am I missing something ?:ROFLMAO:

Unless you represent certain Scandinavian princesses in a workers union, then I wouldn't worry about why they are mentioned. At least they ARE being mentioned :lol:

Last edited:
The funny thing here is that some users always feel the need to bring the Scandinavian Princesses in on Kate's board. Don't know why this makes them feel better. :whistling:

Actually yes, I consider my date night to start when I pick her up and to end when we get home so a pap snapping picks as we emerge from a restaurant and getting into a car is an invasion and I would feel under no obligation to flash them a cheery smile on a private night out.

Exactly. What is so newsworthy about two people going to dinner? Why is it perfectly acceptable to deny individuals the ability to simply get from point A to point B without flashbulbs going off? These people aren't trained monkeys, they don't need to put on a show simply because they're leaving dinner or going out to see friends.

When anyone in any of the royal families goes out to meet people from their charities or are doing royal duties then yes, I expect them to meet a certain level of decorum and yes, that includes smiling and acting cheerful even if they might not feel that way that day. But a person's job isn't 24/7 and everyone, regardless of social status, deserves some down time.

As for Lumutqueen's argument that the British press had nothing to do with what happened in France and W&K shouldn't withhold their attentions, I can only say that one bad apple spoils the bunch. Paparazzi in France is paparazzi in Britain, the US, Sweden, Norway, Spain, etc. If one group of photogs tries to ruin your life, rest assured, another one will darn sure try as well. :angry: They're all lumped into the same cesspool.

:previous:
Brilliantly put :clap:!

Ahead in what sense? I understand that you like her, but lets face it, she´s not better than anyone. I would say they all beat Kate in the job department:whistling:

I don´t agree with those who say the British press is the same as anyone as regards the couple, they praise and flatter they, as someone said, for doing so little. The British press didn´t publish her photos, but they did publish Harry´s photos. Always bashing "dirty Harry" to make others look better, when it is the other way round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom