The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

A great gallery from Zimbio.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
The media is exaggerating again. That is no toughest test. The duchess has already overcome hers during the royal tour. They are just finding an excuse to mention the topless scandal in their reports
I agree the media overdoes it. However, I would "feel" for my spouse and "feel" my duty in a new way if we missed a public outing together so that he could attend the funeral of someone he had deep childhood feelings for. One would naturally want to be together for each other. It is one of those "Stay Strong and Carry on" choices. Nice.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Courtier

The Duchess of Cambridge gets 'back to business' in a jewel-coloured suit on first official UK engagement since topless photographs scandal | Mail Online

I like the whole effect but the shoes look stained/grubby.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Nobility

In one of the picture captions, they refer to "Princess Diana Scholarship winner." Do you think that is a mistake? I would be surprised to see anything official using the term "Princess Diana."
Old 10-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

There are two scholarships from the late Queen Mother and the late Princess Diana just as there is now a Duke and Duchess of Cambridge scholarship fund. Its not just about Diana. I think the scholarships were just named for them. Is that a correct statement everyone?
Old 10-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle
There are two scholarships from the late Queen Mother and the late Princess Diana just as there is now a Duke and Duchess of Cambridge scholarship fund. Its not just about Diana. I think the scholarships were just named for them. Is that a correct statement everyone?
She just meant that it's surprising that an incorrect title would be used on something official. It would make more sense to call it the Diana, Princess of Wales scholarship
Old 10-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Majesty

You can see the list of scholarships here-

major

It is officially called The Diana, Princess of Wales Scholarship not The Princess Diana Scholarship.

Home
Old 10-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Majesty

It was very nice to see TRH's out and about today and to have a Scholarship named in their honor.

I think it's a shame that the DM had to bring up the photo situation because you can clearly see the Duke & Duchess has moved on and are letting their lawyers handled all that.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Eek so cute and so unexpected. I knew we'd see the Duchess today but had no clue that the Duke would also be attending
Video here: Home - ITNSource News
Old 10-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Majesty

Pictures:
PRİNCE WİLLİAM AND CATHERİNE,DUCHESS OF CAMBRİDGE VİSİT THE MİDDLE TEMPLE İN LONDON-
MYROYALS - HOLLYWOOD: PR
Old 10-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Royal Highness

She looks beautiful , the suit old fashion but nice color and suits her well , overall she looks nice .
Old 10-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is so nice and bless her for this.
From the Telegraph re: Olga Powell
"Mrs Powell, who had no children of her own, showed the princes one final act of loyalty by asking in her will for donations to be sent to Prince Harry’s charity, Sentebale, instead of flowers at her funeral."
Old 10-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
You can see the list of scholarships here-

major

It is officially called The Diana, Princess of Wales Scholarship not The Princess Diana Scholarship.

Home
Thank you everyone. That makes more sense! I appreciate all the info from everyone.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Majesty

I think the press is being a bit overdramatic. Catherine is a very capable person, not to mention, that if the Palace didn't feel that she was ready, they would have made sure someone took William's place. However, since she's doing beyond well, there's no need for that.

The engagement at Middle Temple was interesting to read about (the clip provided by ghost_night was excellent as well). Once again we see just how approachable this couple is. People enjoy being in their company, and that is quite telling.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Serene Highness

You know, I like the suit on her. Its a beautiful color and it fits her perfectly. I dont think its too old fashioned. And by the way, why is it that the royals always hold thier hands clasped in front of them? Now Catherine is doing it. It looks so stiff. Just curious.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate Debate ‏@RoyalKateDebate William and Kate's engagement in Burton, is this morning. They will visit the new football training centre.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes It's back on the road with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this morning as they visit the FA's new national football centre in Burton.

James Whatling ‏@JWhatling Welcome to a sunny morning at St George's Park. Currently waiting to go onto the fantastic new centre at a disused airfield! Glamorous!

St. George's Park ‏@StGeorgesPark It's a cold, crisp morning here in Staffordshire but @StGeorgesPark is shimmering in the early morning sun. pic.twitter.com/PUQZHcpK

PerformSGP ‏@PerformSGP
Really excited about today's opening. Preparing for our VIP guests! pic.twitter.com/wG5XY4PS
Old 10-09-2012, 04:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Duke of Cambridge leaves visit to wife as he bids farewell to nanny - Telegraph
Old 10-09-2012, 04:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Finally thank god cause I need sleep it's almost 2am here
Niraj Tanna ‏@IkonPictures TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have just left London for their engagement in Buxton. #royal #buxton #katemiddleton
Niraj Tanna ‏@IkonPictures HRH The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing a winter coat which looks like a grey colour. Coat its absolutely stunning. Pics in a few minutes.

Ok so it'll be a few hrs
Kate Debate ‏@RoyalKateDebate Will and Kate only just left London for Burton. That would mean a couple of hours before they get there.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:08 AM
Serene Highness

I would like to thank everybody for providing links and tweets. The really make a for enjoyable reading and your efforts don't go unnoticed.

ghost_night554 I tip my to you and all the others, too numerous to mention here.

Thank you!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:02 AM
Courtier

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived at the Football Association's new £105m St George's Park training centre.