The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

As Duke-of-Earl pointed out, the fact that William and Kate now have their own private secretaries suggests to me that they will become more active royals in the short term. If things were going to stay as they are for a few more years, I think their household would have remained as it was before this restructure of staff.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Majesty

Add another person to the list of those excited to see more engagements for Their Highnesses. They're pros at working the crowds and bring those that get to meet them a great deal of joy.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
As Duke-of-Earl pointed out, the fact that William and Kate now have their own private secretaries suggests to me that they will become more active royals in the short term. If things were going to stay as they are for a few more years, I think their household would have remained as it was before this restructure of staff.
Yes, I agree. Indications are that they will have a more active role in the upcoming year.

I'm looking forward to that, if it is the case. It will be interesting to watch Catherine grow in her role, independently.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I also think Princes Harry and William have a strong desire to control their own "brand." As the Princes grew up, if I remember, the Prince of Wales had staff, but less independence from BP in general. The strong structure we see today at Claridge House was in its infancy. The leaks, apparent infighting betwixt the general BP staff and Charles' followers as he married resulted in mixed messages and eventually, Charles moving his staff to CH.

I think all learned from the experience and it did not surprise me when the Princes and Catherine announced they had established their own office.

Harry and William - even as/if they continue full time in the military, in some ways need a support staff MORE than a full time royal. I would imagine scheduling for Prince William - around his odd military schedule has been very difficult this year. With Prince Harry on active duty, he has almost no time for the next four months - with a lot of business that just keeps needing attention. That's what trusted staff are for.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I also think Princes Harry and William have a strong desire to control their own "brand." As the Princes grew up, if I remember, the Prince of Wales had staff, but less independence from BP in general. The strong structure we see today at Claridge House was in its infancy. The leaks, apparent infighting betwixt the general BP staff and Charles' followers as he married resulted in mixed messages and eventually, Charles moving his staff to CH.

I think all learned from the experience and it did not surprise me when the Princes and Catherine announced they had established their own office.

Harry and William - even as/if they continue full time in the military, in some ways need a support staff MORE than a full time royal. I would imagine scheduling for Prince William - around his odd military schedule has been very difficult this year. With Prince Harry on active duty, he has almost no time for the next four months - with a lot of business that just keeps needing attention. That's what trusted staff are for.

Agreed.

I think we're seeing the seeds of change that will define Charles' Monarchy, long live the Queen. A more businesslike approach to the administration of their institution and duties. I think your use of the word "brand" is spot-on. Whatever inflection we give it, branding is an important aspect of anyone in public life ... you know the expression, you make your own brand or the world will make one for you.

I'd love to see Harry have an active public life.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Majesty

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/new...ton_next_week/
Old 10-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Aristocracy

Sounds like a busy trip. Good to see them engaging with young people.

I hate how the first two paragraphs are about the "scandal". If I were Mr. Westcott's editor I would have asked him to find a better word. But that's me.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

More on the Northeast trip:

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to visit Newcastle and Gateshead as part of their tour of the North East - hellomagazine.com
Old 10-08-2012, 04:50 AM
Courtier

British Royals@britishroyals
According to USA Today William and Kate will meet with law scholars at Middle Temple in London today (October 8), via @HRHDuchessKate
Old 10-08-2012, 06:11 AM
Serene Highness

The Duke of Cambridge is a Bencher at Middle Temple.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
The Duke of Cambridge is a Bencher at Middle Temple.
Prince William becomes honorary barrister - Telegraph
Old 10-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Serene Highness

Full schedule of events!

Will, Kate in first public events since topless pics | wtsp.com
Old 10-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
When you think about it, that title is kind of off. Will and Kate were very much in public on their tour when this whole fiasco started.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
When you think about it, that title is kind of off. Will and Kate were very much in public on their tour when this whole fiasco started.
I think we are going to see their day to day appearances increase. Their full court at KP will get under way in 2013. All the new staff have been hired or promoted. I think there is NO chance William stays in the RAF past May.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duchess will fly solo on Wednesday as William will attend the funeral of Olga Powell his nanny.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Majesty

That's very nice of William taking the time to attend Olga's funeral. Must mean a lot to him that his wife will carry on while he do this.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Re: Today's event

Duchess of Cambridge faces toughest test of her married life as Duke pulls out of high-profile engagements - Telegraph
Old 10-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Serene Highness

Catherine is more than up for flying on her own, IMO.
People love her , she is engaging with people and especially children and very down to Earth. Catherine is a LOT more confident than people give her credit for!
She will past her 'toughest challenge' with flying colours!
Old 10-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Gentry

The media is exaggerating again. That is no toughest test. The duchess has already overcome hers during the royal tour. They are just finding an excuse to mention the topless scandal in their reports
Old 10-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Meet Middle Temple Scholars. October 8, 2012

Getty Images - Cerca: GBR: The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Meet Middle Temple Scholars

Popsugar: Kate Middleton and Prince William meet with students in Central London

Daily Mail: The Duchess of Cambridge gets 'back to business' in a jewel-coloured suit on first official UK engagement since topless photographs scandal

Just Jared: Prince William & Duchess Kate: Middle Temple Scholars Visit!