The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Courtier

Do you think they will release some pictures?

Old 12-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Serene Highness

Yayyy more news about Catherine!! I hope there are some photos to follow hahaha

Duchess of Cambridge well enough to attend office party with Royal household staff - Telegraph

Old 12-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William and Kate Have Christmas Lunch with Household Staff - Christmas, The British Royals, The Royals, Kate Middleton, Prince William, Queen Elizabeth II : People.com
Old 12-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
Yayyy more news about Catherine!! I hope there are some photos to follow hahaha

Duchess of Cambridge well enough to attend office party with Royal household staff - Telegraph
I'd like to see some pics as well
Old 12-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Serene Highness

Setting the right tone with having their Christmas party at a family restaurant and its great 27 members of their household could attend

Plus Kate is eating for two!! :)
Old 12-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Nobility

I thought they didn't have any staff besides their two secretaries and drivers? Who were all the people at the lunch?

I'm glad Catherine is feeling better. Maybe she is past week 12.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez View Post
I thought they didn't have any staff besides their two secretaries and drivers? Who were all the people at the lunch?.
I was thinking the same thing, maybe STP or Clarence House staff all together?
Old 12-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
Setting the right tone with having their Christmas party at a family restaurant and its great 27 members of their household could attend

Plus Kate is eating for two!! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez View Post
I thought they didn't have any staff besides their two secretaries and drivers? Who were all the people at the lunch?

I'm glad Catherine is feeling better. Maybe she is past week 12.

Well I think The couple officially have close to a dozen staff and I'm sure family members came along , so 27 isn't many for a Christmas party.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Staff recently been extended - increase in press core with promotions plus therer is the head of their staff (Louther Pinterkon, son was pageboy?) plus REbecca etc and the person allocated to Harry.

EDIT: And security

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Staff recently been extended - increase in press core with promotions plus therer is the head of their staff (Louther Pinterkon, son was pageboy?) plus REbecca etc and the person allocated to Harry.

EDIT: And security
Yes you're right so it all adds up
Old 12-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Gentry

I'm happy to hear there's a possibility of her spending Christmas with the Royal Family. How many weeks is she?
Old 12-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess jones View Post
I'm happy to hear there's a possibility of her spending Christmas with the Royal Family. How many weeks is she?
When admitted on the 3rd December she was "less than 12 weeks" and the DM has maintained that in this article.

Christmas at Sandringham is apparently not a certainty.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess jones View Post
Kate Middleton, Prince William Host Christmas Lunch for Staff at Restaurant - UsMagazine.com

Around 12 weeks and its great Kate is feeling better. Christmas at Sandringham !
Old 12-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

There are tweets about Sandringham - and them not attending. Speculation I know ......

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter
@Caitlin5670 @iamraena All signs from royal sources point to William and Kate not going to Sandringham but we await official confirmation.

also

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter10h
@iamraena Well, if it is confirmed, it could be William is on duty. But they did let it be known they wouldn't go to granny's every year

Old 12-18-2012, 04:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I can understand them not going if William is on duty, I can't understand them not going if he isn't especially at Henry isn't going to be there.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

But spending Christmas Day with her family - say alternating - is fair. It's actually what most of us do. It may be a step too far to invite the Middleton's to Sandringham

Old 12-18-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
But spending Christmas Day with her family - say alternating - is fair. It's actually what most of us do. It may be a step too far to invite the Middleton's to Sandringham
I don't believe Middleton family will be at Sandringham The duchess probably will spend Christmas with her family. altough I'd like to see her at Sandringham
Old 12-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Royal Highness

It might be what most of US do, but isn't it tradition of the royal family to spend it all together? Does Sophie alternates? Do Charles and Camilla alternate? They may leave to be sometime with her children but they're always there. So unless Kate is feeling really bad due to HG (in which case I may understand Christmas with the RF can be stressfull) I see no reason to break traditions and spend Christmas with the Middletons
Old 12-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

frankly most of the current "traditions" of the royal family started when the cameras rolled in and we created them.

Whatever happens, if its ok with HMQ its fine with me. If they go to Catherine's parents then there will be less opportunity for "bump watch" - which is becoming too much in my opinion.

Closed Thread