The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Courtier

So in the spirit of this thread....
Do we know what is officially on their calendar next? When is that visit to Cambridge? Was that supposed to be late September/early October?

Old 09-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
So in the spirit of this thread....
Do we know what is officially on their calendar next? When is that visit to Cambridge? Was that supposed to be late September/early October?
I don't know. I guess we have to just wait and see of what they will be doing next.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Forgive me if this has been posted already- I wasn't around much today. Richard Palmer did such a nice article about Kate today. It was so nice to hear opinions from the press corps on Kate. She seems to be very well liked by them.

Blogs | Richard Palmer | Royal blog: Duchess Kate is a tough cookie | Exclusive opinion, news and views from Daily and Sunday Express's top writersExpress.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express
Old 09-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Majesty

Thank you for sharing this! I'm always glad to see positive pieces about this couple, especially Catherine. She's doing a great job, and she hasn't been a royal for two years. Good for her!

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:25 PM
Aristocracy

(the article above references the Queen Mother)

I was just thinking today how Catherine reminded me of the Queen Mother, rest her soul.

There's that bit about (when told she and the children should go to Canada during the war) saying (I paraphrase from memory) "The children cannot go without me, I cannot go without the King and the King shall never leave." I always loved her for that. A strong statement from a strong woman without taking any strength from the man. I always thought it said a lot about them as a couple.

It seems to me that William is a lot like King George VI and Catherine a lot like Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon. I think William would rather be a helicopter pilot, but this will not in any way detract from his willingness to do his duty and the quality of his effort. And I think Catherine would rather be married to a helicopter pilot, but this will not detract in any way from her willingness to help him do his duty and the quality of her effort.

YMMV
Old 09-21-2012, 03:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It was written that they were keen to visit and it would be in the not to distant future. That was from an article I found written in July.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine J
...It seems to me that William is a lot like King George VI and Catherine a lot like Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon...
Interesting comparison! However, I do see the connection. The two couples are very similar, and strong, not just as units, but as individuals.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sky News is reporting that William and Kate will open the Football Association's new National Football Centre at Burton on 9th October. They'll also meet the England team and manager, Roy Hodgson. William is, of course, the President of the FA who are the governing body of the game in England.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

British Royals ‏@britishroyals Royal seal of approval for centre: About Prince William & Kate's next engagement on October 9... http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/82531/Royal_seal_of_approval_for_centre.aspx
Old 09-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine J View Post
(the article above references the Queen Mother)

I was just thinking today how Catherine reminded me of the Queen Mother, rest her soul.

There's that bit about (when told she and the children should go to Canada during the war) saying (I paraphrase from memory) "The children cannot go without me, I cannot go without the King and the King shall never leave." I always loved her for that. A strong statement from a strong woman without taking any strength from the man. I always thought it said a lot about them as a couple.

It seems to me that William is a lot like King George VI and Catherine a lot like Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon. I think William would rather be a helicopter pilot, but this will not in any way detract from his willingness to do his duty and the quality of his effort. And I think Catherine would rather be married to a helicopter pilot, but this will not detract in any way from her willingness to help him do his duty and the quality of her effort.

YMMV
Love the comparison! Thank you. And I quite agree with the points that you made.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
British Royals ‏@britishroyals Royal seal of approval for centre: About Prince William & Kate's next engagement on October 9... http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/82531/Royal_seal_of_approval_for_centre.aspx
I always enjoy seeing them out and about. Looking forward to this engagement.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Courtier

Rebecca English@RE_DailyMail
New engagement for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: the couple are visiting Tyne and Wear and Stockton-on-Tees next Wednesday
William & Kate will visit Newcastle Civic Centre to meet reps from local projects involved with the Olympics,elderly,business & education
William and Kate will then go to Elswick Park to meet groups involved with The Queen Elizabeth 11 Fields Challenge.....
Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit Newcastle, Gateshead, and Stockton Oct 10 and the Duke will host a charity gala dinner Oct 11.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Majesty

I'm really looking forward to the Duke & Duchesses engagements.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Courtier

Yay!! More engagements.

I admit that I am selfishly hoping the DoC decides not to reup with the S&R so he and the duchess can do more engagements.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Yay!! More engagements.

I admit that I am selfishly hoping the DoC decides not to reup with the S&R so he and the duchess can do more engagements.
Duchess of Durham, I'm also hoping they will become full-time royals within the new year. I think they will do just fine.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Duchess of Durham, I'm also hoping they will become full-time royals within the new year. I think they will do just fine.

Yes, me too.

:)
Old 10-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

All indications point to the fact that in the spring of 2013 , TRH will become full-time royals. The Royal couple will be moving into KP. Many changes have been made to their staff

The Prince of Wales - Changes to the Household Office of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry
Old 10-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
All indications point to the fact that in the spring of 2013 , TRH will become full-time royals. The Royal couple will be moving into KP. Many changes have been made to their staff

The Prince of Wales - Changes to the Household Office of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry
I don't think those changes indicate to any time frame or any indication that they'll become full time working royals next year. I doubt Henry will.

We know William has to choose the SAR or Royal life next year, if he's got the opportunity to work for another 2 years and nothing has happened family wise, I think he'll take it with the approval of his father and grandmother.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I don't think those changes indicate to any time frame or any indication that they'll become full time working royals next year. I doubt Henry will.

We know William has to choose the SAR or Royal life next year, if he's got the opportunity to work for another 2 years and nothing has happened family wise, I think he'll take it with the approval of his father and grandmother.
Thank you for correcting me
For me , all the changes to the Cambridges's household point to the fact that they are going to become full-time royals starting in 2013
Old 10-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Majesty

Well, we just have to wait and see what will happen.