Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: September 2012-February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think turn about is fair but, I'll bet good money that it is going to be a right royal security nightmare especially now that Catherine is pregnant. I don't know how much privacy the Cambridge's are going to get though as I can see a media scrum at the front gate.
I hope they have a great Christmas with the Middleton family, but I'm afraid the media will be around the house

Why is Gary Goldsmith a black sheep?

Why is Gary Goldsmith a black sheep?

He's kind of the Harry of her side of the family?

(ducks and runs for cover)

What would have been cute is if they told HIS family they were going to hers and told HERS they were going to his and ended up curled on couch in Anglesy eating popcorn and watching "Its A Wonderful Life". Oh wait... they live in a fishbowl. Never mind.

That worked for us during my first pregnancy. ::D:

Sounds like that movie- Four Christmases. :lol:

I think William, Katherine, and the Middletons will be at Sandringham for Boxing Day. W & K may be there sooner. I think they were given a reprieve this year with the understanding that the new 3rd in line will be at Sandringham next Christmas. Anyone have info as to the size and history of W & K's Sandringham cottage?

What would have been cute is if they told HIS family they were going to hers and told HERS they were going to his and ended up curled on couch in Anglesy eating popcorn and watching "Its A Wonderful Life". Oh wait... they live in a fishbowl. Never mind.

That worked for us during my first pregnancy. ::D:
:lol:aw I love that idea! Too bad they probably can't do such a thing as easily as we can.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; what is so wrong with one year at his families and one year at hers? That is what many couples do; why should Williams grandmother always get Christmas?

I've said it before and I'll say it again; what is so wrong with one year at his families and one year at hers? That is what many couples do; why should Williams grandmother always get Christmas?

That's perfectly fine, until HM passes and William is heir. Then he should be at Sandringham IMO.

Nothing wrong at all and I think if the Queen expects them to be their yearly its a bit unfair to the other side of the family. One year with the royals and one year with the other side works well like other couples as yo mentioned. I assume its a custom that they all spend it with the Queen.

I seriously believe it is not wise to spend the Christmas with the Middletons. Christmas at Sandringham gives a wonderful image of the Royal Family being together religiously, which is the ultimate projection a family can get. Also, it is a tradition, old or new, and it has to be followed. No one including Diana or Sophie made fuss about this. Once they are part of this family, they should be here. Imagine what if every royal spouse wants to take her husband and kids to her parents' home for Christmas..The Linleys, The Chattos, The Wessexes, everyone could have gone to their in-laws homes, but they remained devoted to the Queen and Sandringham.
Christmas at Sandringham is the informal, religious equivalent of Trooping the Colour/Remembrance. Many people look forward to seeing the whole family there. I am very disappointed by Will and Kate doing so.
But since the Queen already knows everything in advance, she must have approved. But still I hope this is the last time they spend Christmas awat from their family.I really dont buy this 'one year here one year there theory.

I seriously believe it is not wise to spend the Christmas with the Middletons. Christmas at Sandringham gives a wonderful image of the Royal Family being together religiously, which is the ultimate projection a family can get. Also, it is a tradition, old or new, and it has to be followed. No one including Diana or Sophie made fuss about this. Once they are part of this family, they should be here. Imagine what if every royal spouse wants to take her husband and kids to her parents' home for Christmas..The Linleys, The Chattos, The Wessexes, everyone could have gone to their in-laws homes, but they remained devoted to the Queen and Sandringham.
Christmas at Sandringham is the informal, religious equivalent of Trooping the Colour/Remembrance. Many people look forward to seeing the whole family there. I am very disappointed by Will and Kate doing so.
But since the Queen already knows everything in advance, she must have approved. But still I hope this is the last time they spend Christmas awat from their family.I really dont buy this 'one year here one year there theory.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that the Linleys and Chattos spend every other Christmas at Sandringham. Mind you, they're the more extended members of the family, but still. I think once in a while, it's perfectly acceptable to want to see the 'other' side of one's family for the holidays. I think that once William becomes the first in line to the throne, the visits to the Middletons' for the holidays will not be possible, and he may want to give his wife a chance to spend Christmas with her family too, while such chance is possible. Let's also remember that Catherine is rather ill, so she may have wanted a 'quiet' Christmas, away from protocol, so she doesn't have to feel pressured to be present at something when she's not feeling up to it.

:previous: On health grounds its okay, bcos they are required to stay up till the Queen leaves after dinner and all. But otherwise I feel they should start spending more Christmases at Sandringham. She can spend any other time with her family. You see for yourself, till this year, it was all about Christmas at Sandringham. This year the focus and coverage have divided between Sandringham and Middletons. And that James gets more coverage, even in our 'Royal Christmas' forum. I just do not approve the in-law families being covered on par with RF. See the Queen Mother/QueenMary/Prince Philip have all completely dissociated themselves from their families (at public and religious events I mean). It should always be that way.
PS:I am not someone who complains about Middletons' "new-rich" status. I am happy for them, and wish they will stand by William. But this is a completely different thing. I hope you understand.

:previous: On health grounds its okay, bcos they are required to stay up till the Queen leaves after dinner and all. But otherwise I feel they should start spending more Christmases at Sandringham. She can spend any other time with her family. You see for yourself, till this year, it was all about Christmas at Sandringham. This year the focus and coverage have divided between Sandringham and Middletons. And that James gets more coverage, even in our 'Royal Christmas' forum. I just do not approve the in-law families being covered on par with RF. See the Queen Mother/QueenMary/Prince Philip have all completely dissociated themselves from their families (at public and religious events I mean). It should always be that way.
PS:I am not someone who complains about Middletons' "new-rich" status. I am happy for them, and wish they will stand by William. But this is a completely different thing. I hope you understand.

All things considered, when it comes to Christmas time, its a family celebration and one of very few days in the year where the Queen doesn't even glance at her boxes (Easter and Christmas I believe). Sure there is a lot of tradition and protocol at Sandringham, but traditions play a large part in so many other families celebration. One tradition of the Middletons is somewhere along the line, Michael Middleton appears in some sort of fancy dress costume to the amusement and delight of all the family.

Thinking of the holiday on a family angle, in a marriage, one set of parents are not more important than the other. Its been obvious that William does love spending time with the Middletons as well as Kate has a warm relationship with William's family. They've both made it clear that both sets of parents and family are important to them. To ask that Kate disassociate with her parents on holidays because she's married into the royal family to me is just plain wrong, rude, and would show a lack of feeling and consideration.

These are real flesh and blood people and they deal with the same problems about holidays that millions of other families have to deal with. I think its a refreshing thing to see that William and Kate put all their relatives on even footing when it comes to spending time with them.

I bet PW is loving Christmas with Kate's family. No upteen changes of clothes and crowds ogling him at church etc. I can see this being AT LEAST an every other year scenario and good for them.

If the RF does not keep traditions, there´s not point in having a RF. And William has already skipped a memorial this year. It is becoming a habit.

If the RF does not keep traditions, there´s not point in having a RF. And William has already skipped a memorial this year. It is becoming a habit.

Which memorial was that? And was it without good reason?

Memorial on occasion of 10th anniversary of Queen Mum's death. They didn't gave any reason why they skipped this event.

Prince William & Kate's Christmas Mass with the Middletons | GossipCenter - Entertainment News Leaders

Nice to see Katherine out and about but unfortunately she looked neither comfortable nor relaxed. I wondered if this was because she is still feeling more than a little fragile or because she was, surprisingly, out of her comfort zone.

Somehow she and William seemed to be caught up in the general mêlée outside the church and after a year of "having her own space" protected I can't help but wonder if she didn't feel a little insecure.

I believe the Cambridges was on a planned vacation during the memorial services. I'm sure they had the blessings from The Queen and their thoughts and prayers were with the family.

The Cambridges not breaking a royal tradition by spending Christmas with the Middletons. They just did something different and they will be at Sandringham with the royal family soon. They're not skipping the family gathering at Sandringham. I think The Queen understand and accept that William & Catherine are splitting their time with both families and spending time with their families are very important to them.

Yes, that was the memorial service, and it was skipped because William was to be on holiday with his wife and the whole Middleton family.
As future king, I'd expect William in particular to be more present in these family functions: after all, the Queen Mother, together with her husband the King, have been very important monarchs - possibly the most important monarchs - in British recent history, offering an assured leadership in dire times such as WWII. William's presence would have meant publicly ackoweledging this role, and as a future king himself it iw something I'd love to take on more. After all, he could have joined the Middletons after the memorial.

William and Kate should really be careful how they treat the press. They are public figures and unless William renounces all his rights to the throne, they will be for the rest of their lives. Turning the press against them is not a good idea.

Last edited:
But The Palace asked the press to respect their need for privacy, and as for the twitter quote, Ikon pictures makes a lot of money out of royal pictures and has been seriously miffed by the Middletons because they have complained about his intrusive behaviour before.

I'm having trouble With my iPad so sorry for poor writing.

Well, I kinda expected the Cambridges and Middletons would be pictured attending Christmas service. Even when Catherine was just engaged to William, she was pictured with her family leaving church. Unless the paps hounded them or something.

I can remember when, on a skiing trip, William's mother actually put her hand over a photographer's lens and asked quite firmly that he respect her family's privacy. If William did indeed complain, he's just following tradition.

He's obviously drawing a line in the sand. If you give the press an inch, they'll take a mile.

I find it funny that people seem to be suggesting that William doesn't care about his family, or dictates terms to the Queen and the rest of the RF. The idea is just silly. I mean, the Queen told William exactly what to wear on his wedding day. On the most important day of his life (and hopefully his only wedding day) he wanted to wear his RAF uniform, but when the Queen made it clear she wanted him to wear the Irish Guards uniform, he toed the line. We're led to believe he didn't want a royal dukedom upon his marriage, that he wanted to remain simply Prince William of Wales, but the Queen put her foot down.

HM is no dictator, but equally, she can lay down the law when she wants to. If she'd had any problem with William's Christmas plans, I'd bet my house he'd have been been attending church in Sandringham this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom