Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: September 2012-February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As it's a BRF family event whatever pictures surface will be placed in the Family Thread.

would they send a Xmas card like last year?:lol:

They probably have sent one, it hasn't been published but Charles and Camilla's has and they weren't included. I imagine William, Catherine and Henry sent one together.

They probably have sent one, it hasn't been published but Charles and Camilla's has and they weren't included. I imagine William, Catherine and Henry sent one together.
Last year they published it... it's strange they don't publish this year

I would assume it would be one from their wedding last year. Perhaps this year it is of W, K & H and sent out on behalf of their foundation - maybe a photo from the Olympics in their ambassador role.

Found this from last year

Quote:
Although it is William and Kate’s first Christmas together as a married couple, St James’s Palace said today that the couple did not want to make their first joint card public.

Found this from last year

Quote:
Although it is William and Kate’s first Christmas together as a married couple, St James’s Palace said today that the couple did not want to make their first joint card public.
thanks:flowers: I didn't remember them sending anything too

Yeah, Princess Alexandra will be attending the service.

I didn't know about this service

I think we will have some news today where William and Kate will spend Christmas:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we will have some news today where William and Kate will spend Christmas:flowers:

I expect, like always, we'll find out Christmas Day. It's not like they're going to make an announcement for it.

I'm looking for the link, but I read yesterday that SJP will be announcing on Friday (today) whether TRH will be at Sandringham for Christmas

Last edited:
Somewhere on this forum is a post from last year stating that WillKat would not be sending Christmas cards --- ever. I can't find it, but I know it's around.

One such article that discuses the 'announcement'

"A decision on whether Kate Middleton and Prince William will join the royal family at Sandringham for the annual Christmas Day gathering is expected to be made this week according to a new report out Sunday. The Telegraph reports St. James's Palace will reveal the royal couple's Christmas plans within the next few days."
http://www.examiner.com/article/palace-expected-to-make-sandringham-announcement-this-week

I cannot however find the originally telegraph article which everyone is quoting.

Last edited:
I read it here yesterday, thats its 'likely' SJP will announce today but I guess we won't know until it happens

The Queen and Prince Philip kick off their Christmas with a train ride to Sandringham | Royal | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express

"St James's Palace is likely to announce on Friday whether the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, who is less than 12 weeks pregnant and suffering recurring bouts of acute morning sickness, will join the royal party at the 20,000-acre Norfolk estate."

I read it here yesterday, thats its 'likely' SJP will announce today but I guess we won't know until it happens

The Queen and Prince Philip kick off their Christmas with a train ride to Sandringham | Royal | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express

"St James's Palace is likely to announce on Friday whether the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, who is less than 12 weeks pregnant and suffering recurring bouts of acute morning sickness, will join the royal party at the 20,000-acre Norfolk estate."
I think they will announce it today or tomorrow, I bet today:flowers: as soon as I read something on twitter I'll post it here

Somewhere on this forum is a post from last year stating that WillKat would not be sending Christmas cards --- ever. I can't find it, but I know it's around.

I remember that because it was something to the effect of "they have never done so and don't intend to start now."

In all fairness , this is only their second Christmas married, so the fact 'they have never done so' doesn't set much of a precedent.

Last edited:

If you look at my post #598 I have quoted last years comment.

I don't think we will hear anything definite because Catherine's HG is touch and go. She may feel great one minute and the next is vomiting her guts up.

The tabloids want to know so they know which direction to wind up their readers. If William doesn't go to Sandringham, it will be the 'Middleton' influence and if they do attend and then Catherine gets sick and has to leave, she will be on 'death's door'

Personally, I agree with the palace, its a private Christmas and shouldn't matter what their plans are

Christmas Cards

Perhaps the phrase which some are remembering is that they haven't released their Christmas cards in the past and don't intend to now. If the tradition is to send out cards as monarch or heir, that tradition will likely be followed in the future. Why would they randomly say, neener, neener, we're never going to send Christmas cards?

W&C are in a slightly awkward position in that they mustn't seem to be attempting to attract undue attention for themselves and away from the heir. As we know, everything they do attracts attention!

It's been a long time since the heir to the heir has been an adult in a position to send out cards- or to do much of anything. So it's discreet of them to keep their cards private.

I choose not to believe things that seem patently untrue or unlikely:
Kate's tatoos! Wills' toupee! We hate kids and will never have them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom