The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 03:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman
Since Charles & Camilla will be abroad during Remembrance Sunday, I wonder if the Cambridges will attend The Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance?
Not according to the engagements list on either royal website.

Old 10-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Serene Highness

Looking at the future diary's sections of the british monarchy and prince of wales sites, the prince of wales and his family are not listed very often on the monarchy's website but more on the prince of wales site but it isn't as detailed or up to date as the other site. For example, we know that Will and Kate are attending the St Andrews fundraiser on Nov 8, but it isn't listed on either site. So it almost seems for Will and Kate you have to wait for things to get closer to the event to see if them come.

I wonder if this is due to Will's flight schedule, I wonder how far in advance he knows when he on duty. They tend to group engagements together when he's off like they did a couple of weeks ago.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Majesty

That's something that has bothered me, Skippyboo. The Cambridges official engagements aren't listed on the Official Monarchy Website. They are included in the Official Court Circular and their pictures on on the site but their Official engagements aren't listed in the Engagement List. I think William's SAR scheduel make things difficult too.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:38 PM

It seems that the Duchess of Cambridge and the Countess of Wessex have filled in quite nicely on a number of occasions when either the Prince of Wales, Duke of Cambridge or Earl of Wessex were otherwise engaged. Very refreshing to see the women of the family participating and representing the Queen.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would like to see William and Kate attend the Festival of Remembrance at the RAH this year given that Charles and Camilla will be abroad. They'll have to start going some time and, since they'll likely be in London anyway for the Cenotaph the following day, it surely wouldn't put them out too much.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:47 AM
Courtier

Rebecca English@RE_DailyMail
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry today become Patrons of 100 Women in Hedge Funds’ Philanthropic Initiatives

Rebecca English@RE_DailyMail
It's the second joint patronage for William, Kate and Harry after their charitable foundation and will be a huge fundraiser for good causes
Old 11-01-2012, 09:23 AM
Majesty

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry to become patrons of 100 Women in Hedge Funds’ philanthropic initiatives: Press Release-
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry to become patrons of 100 Women in Hedge Funds
Old 11-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Majesty

"Founded in 2001, 100WHF offers its members unique educational, professional and philanthropic opportunities, and will focus its UK philanthropy on three specially chosen charities, one for each year of the partnership.
The charities, Action on Addiction in 2013; WellChild in 2014; and The Art Room in 2015, are part of The Charities Forum of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, and reflect 100WHF’s three philanthropic themes: mentoring, women’s and family health, and education."
Old 11-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Majesty

Quote:
"Founded in 2001, 100WHF offers its members unique educational, professional and philanthropic opportunities, and will focus its UK philanthropy on three specially chosen charities, one for each year of the partnership.
The charities, Action on Addiction in 2013; WellChild in 2014; and The Art Room in 2015, are part of The Charities Forum of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, and reflect 100WHF’s three philanthropic themes: mentoring, women’s and family health, and education."
Very exciting. They will do a lot of good, I believe.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Serene Highness

The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry is an amazing organization.
The foundation will raise hundreds of millions over its lifetime.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...d-in-gun-drama

SCOTLAND Yard is investigating one of William and Kate’s bodyguards after a shot was fired inside a police car near the royal couple’s home in North Wales.

The incident occurred on October 24th.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Majesty

What was this officer doing, playing with the gun? trying to figure how to use the gun?
Old 11-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Majesty

William and Kate: 'Gunshot inquiry' near Anglesey home-
BBC News - William and Kate: 'Gunshot inquiry' near Anglesey home
Old 11-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Serene Highness

The Special Protection Branch should be more on the ball than this.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
What was this officer doing, playing with the gun? trying to figure how to use the gun?
I don't understand that either but there were reports that other guns of the same brand have discharged of their own as well. Maybe they were not properly cleaned, and I seem to recall these guns are very easy to discharge (that's whay a lot of criminals use them - but I know that only from crime fiction, so...) and need a lot of care to handle, but then they are extremely good guns.

BTW: I hope Catherine did not hear the shot as surely she would have been quite frightened, not knowing what goes on but realising that she is a first-class target.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Majesty

It's not being comfirmed she was home at the time.

If the guns have a habit of going off by themselves, they need to get rid of those kind of guns.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
It's not being comfirmed she was home at the time.

If the guns have a habit of going off by themselves, they need to get rid of those kind of guns.
Catherine was apparently 'near' the property when the gun went off.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Dang! When I first heard the story, I thought he was shooting at a photographer. But no such luck.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 11-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Serene Highness

LOL! Thats funny Xenia. I love it but we couldnt get that lucky. I do think that it is odd the gun went off though. Do guns usually do that? That is kind of dangerous. Good thing Will and Cat were not there.