The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Serene Highness

University dinner on Nov 8 for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

icLanarkshire - University dinner for royal couple

Old 10-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
Glad to see them again

Old 10-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Serene Highness

Do we know if William and Kate, either together or separately, will be taking part in any of the various events around Remembrance Day/Remembrance Sunday? I know both of them will be at the Cenetoph, w/William laying a wreath and Kate on the balcony w/the other Royal Ladies other than Anne, but will there be any other occasions or events they'll also be taking part in?
Old 10-27-2012, 12:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Tiggersk8, I really don't know. The Cambridges have yet to attend The Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:36 AM
Serene Highness

I know, but considering it's now Kate's second Remembrance Day/Remembrance Sunday as a Royal and her role is starting to expand a bit, was just wondering if we'd see a bit more of her this coming year. I'm sure this year will be more poignant for the Cambridges and the other younger Royals w/Prince Harry serving in Afghanistan.

Which was another reason I was wondering. W/Harry serving, I'm sure it makes the events of Remembrance Week/Remembrance Day/Remembrance Sunday a bit more "real" for lack of a better term to the Cambridges and the younger Royals.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I don't think Henry serving in Afghanistan makes it real for just the younger royals, in fact I expect it affects his father and grandparents even harder. I am unable to check the engagements website but it does go into the month of November with Poppy event listed.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Courtier

Charles and Camilla will be on their Aus/NZ tour during Remembrance day. A couple of years ago when Charles was in Canada, Harry laid the POW's wreath for his dad before William laid his own. With Harry in Afghanstan, it is interesting to see if William lays his father's wreath instead of his own or does Kate represent her father in law?
Old 10-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo
Charles and Camilla will be on their Aus/NZ tour during Remembrance day. A couple of years ago when Charles was in Canada, Harry laid the POW's wreath for his dad before William laid his own. With Harry in Afghanstan, it is interesting to see if William lays his father's wreath instead of his own or does Kate represent her father in law?
Maybe William lays Charles' wreath and Kate lays William's
Old 10-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
Maybe William lays Charles' wreath and Kate lays William's
it would be great

I'd love to see them playing such important roles
Old 10-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Royal Highness

If Harry laid his father's wreath a couple of years ago (as well as his own), I imagine he will do the same again this year too.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
If Harry laid his father's wreath a couple of years ago (as well as his own), I imagine he will do the same again this year too.
That'd be a bit tricky since Harry is in Afghanistan right now.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm thinking Harry will lay a wreath but in Afghanistan. I think there is a Remebrance Service at the Afghanistan base.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Since Charles & Camilla will be abroad during Remembrance Sunday, I wonder if the Cambridges will attend The Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance?
Old 10-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'm thinking Harry will lay a wreath but in Afghanistan. I think there is a Remebrance Service at the Afghanistan base.
Oh that certainly would be a poignant thing for Harry to do. I think it would be far more meaningful for Harry to do this in Afghanistan than in a Remembrance service in the UK. He is after all one of the guys in Afghanistan and has probably known friends that have fought and died there as so many of his comrades in arms have.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Since Charles & Camilla will be abroad during Remembrance Sunday, I wonder if the Cambridges will attend The Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance?
I hope they will
Old 10-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
That'd be a bit tricky since Harry is in Afghanistan right now.
Oh dear it's my age, I can't keep up with it all! Well with these notable absences it'll be a poor show at the Cenotaph this year.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Maybe it will be a chance for the Yorks to shine? Personally, I'd love to see Beatrice and Eugenie at such an important and poignant ceremony.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:31 PM
Serene Highness

Beatrice did attend, IIRC during the first years of Sophie being a Royal and IIRC again, she also almost fainted on the Balcony.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:11 AM
Courtier

I would experience to Anne to attend and be present before the Yorks
Old 10-28-2012, 01:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Anne usually does attend and lay a wreath, as do the Duke of York and the Earl of Wessex, in addition to the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales. The Dukes of Kent and Gloucester and Prince Michael also attend.