Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: September 2012-February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are to visit Cambridge on 28th November, and visit the guildhall, Senate House at the university, Jimmy's homeless centre, Manor School and Peterborough City Hospital.

Paul Harrison‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #william #kate Prince William is descended from the son of George III who was created Duke of Cambridge in 1801 through Queen Mary.

#royal #William and #kate will later visit Peterborough City Hospital and meet patients/staff on the Orthopaedic Ward + Musculoskeletal Gym

#royal #William #kate Duke and Duchess will visit Jimmy’s Cambridge - For 365 days of the year it opens its doors to homeless men and women

#royal #Kate has been to #Cambridge before when she visited one of the @EACH_hospices before deciding to become Patron

Rebecca English‏@RE_DailyMail
The couple will meet dignitaries at. Guildhall and enjoy a walkabout in the market square before going to the world famous University

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter
Cambridge has been very patient to wait so long for a visit by its Duke and Duchess. The D and D of York's first official duty was in York.

Very exciting they will now officially visit Cambridge.

Last edited by a moderator:
You would standout if you didn't. Come on. Black Tie, white dress, classic.

Perhaps, but I don't think white is very flattering for most women. :sad:

I bet the two of them will look absolutely wonderful at the Gala. One thing I know we can count on is that the white dress that Kate wears will not be her recycled wedding gown. :D

But it might be the recycled dress from the reception! :D

(If she does wear a recycled dress, I hope it's the Roland Mouret dress! She looked fantastic in that).

I wondered when they'd finally get around to visiting Cambridge. IMO, it should have been among their first engagements after their marriage.

I hope there's also another visit to NI in the works. I know security is an issue here, but the Queen was able to pre-announce her visit to NI for the Jubilee and it all went off very smoothly. We're very much the poor cousins in the UK when it comes to royal visits :sad:.

When they got back from their honeymoon, it was May and you had the heavy early June schedule of Trooping, Garter and Phil's B-day service and then they were off to Canada. It seems like they made the choice to focus their early appearance to their charities or organizations that they had links to - they went to the royal mardsen, centerpoint, gave medals to the Irish guards, etc. William was in the Falklands for the beginning of this year and Kate can't go to Cambridge for an official visit without him for the first time there. Plus there was all the Queen's jubilee trips around the country- you can't have the Queen in Newcastle and the Cambridges in Cambridge on the same day. The papers would bump the Queen off the pages. Followed by the olympics and paraolympics plus SE asian tour.

Also unlike the Duke of York, William will be gaining titles in the future that will replace the Duke of Cambridge as his primary title. Maybe a future William & Kate son will get the Cambridge dukedom down the line since the traditional dukedoms for princes such as Kent & Gloucester have male heirs. York make be open 30 years from now.

William & Kate have not done any events in places other than England post wedding except for the Thistle service this year and they are going to Cardiff for Wales vs NZ in rugby on Nov. 24

It looks like the Cambridges will have a few busy weeks ahead of them. Looking forward to each one of these engagements.

again, some tiara's event????

:bang: oh, thanks for the answer.......I really want to see kate with a tiara!

I have stopped getting my hopes up for a tiara. It would be nice if she wore an awesome necklace from the Queen's vault to this black tie/white dress event. However I doubt that too. Sadly she seems to like simple understated jewelry.

Don't worry, at some point HRH will show up to an official event like a State Banquet or something in regaila.

I have stopped getting my hopes up for a tiara. It would be nice if she wore an awesome necklace from the Queen's vault to this black tie/white dress event. However I doubt that too. Sadly she seems to like simple understated jewelry.

One piece that I think she'll probably wear with a white ensemble will be the diamond bracelet that was a gift from her father in law. That piece of jewelry is purely Kate and has a special meaning for her I'd think.

I don't think we'll see any of the royal jewels on Kate except maybe the Halo tiara (should an occasion arise) until William becomes the Heir Apparent.

Two years ago today William & Catherine officially announced their engagement. I still get happy just thinking about that day.

A reminder: Black tie is semi-formal, white tie is formal.

Wow, time has gone by so fast. It seems like not too long ago I was glued to the tele watching the wedding. It is amazing how quickly time passes and reminds me of how guickly I am aging! :)

:previous:

Thank you Dman - really valuable post. If this is what it takes for just one element of the visit to Cambridge, just think of the remainder visits on the day and the co-ordination to ensure they all mesh together.

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge official website has crashed.

I'm glad to know it wasn't just me, Dman! I tried at a couple of different times today with no luck.

I wasn't able to watch it due to geo blocking. :(

i'm happy to have seen the pictures. it's a shame we only get tg see those from borneo, a nice pick and mix of all the places they visited would be great.

on the other hand, i think people should be allowed to express themselves. this would be so boring if we all said "i like the pictures, the pictures are nice". i find it great that we get to hear what people think of them critically.

certain people obviously can't seem to get over the fact that we are in public forums and that their opinion is just as important as the others. it's as if things were black and white here. there's no harm in agreeing partially to be more critical and credible, but it seems certain people can't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom