Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: April-September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Artemisia! At least we will see pictures!

Daily Mail reports it too. Their headline is quite ridiculous though; Angelina was one of the most famous women in the world long before Kate ever came to the scene as girlfriend and then wife of a famous person.

Angelina Jolie's infatuation with Kate Middleton continues as she invites the Duchess to Olympics party
It appears that everyone wants to be a Kate clone these days and the Daily Mail's Liz Jones has already admitted that she's turning into Kate Middleton. But Angelina Jolie is known to be the Duchess' most glamorous fan and has, of late, eschewed her signature Armani Prive and Versace to sport one of Kate's favourite designers, Jenny Packham. And now Jolie has invited the Duchess to the Olympics party she is throwing alongside fiance Brad Pitt.

Another reason they may have been invited to the party is because they are official ambassadors of the 2012 Olympics. As "A list" as this couple is, I would imagine that the Cambridges calendar is well filled leading up to and including the games in their offical capacity as ambassadors.

But.... what do I know? Didn't Wills and Kate meet Brad and Angelina when they were in LA?

Another reason they may have been invited to the party is because they are official ambassadors of the 2012 Olympics. As "A list" as this couple is, I would imagine that the Cambridges calendar is well filled leading up to and including the games in their offical capacity as ambassadors.

But.... what do I know? Didn't Wills and Kate meet Brad and Angelina when they were in LA?

This is probably the reason. However, never let it be said that Angelina and Brad ever miss a photo opportunity for themselves.:ermm:

I know that Angelina Jolie does a great deal of charity work, and I think it would be great if she were to team up with William and Catherine to do a project. All three are keen on being really involved and hands-on participants rather than just passive donors, so it would be delightful to see them in action.

I know that Angelina Jolie does a great deal of charity work, and I think it would be great if she were to team up with William and Catherine to do a project. All three are keen on being really involved and hands-on participants rather than just passive donors, so it would be delightful to see them in action.

I really don't think this is ever going to happen as good as the idea is and how beneficial the outcome of such a partnership could be. It would propel William and Kate too much into the "celebrity" limelight and that's something that as a future King and Queen Consort they need to avoid at all costs.

But then again.. what do I know? I think I need a donut. :D

I'm ahead of you, Osipi, I already had some ice-cream popsicles; way too much to ponder on here!:p

I really don't think this is ever going to happen as good as the idea is and how beneficial the outcome of such a partnership could be. It would propel William and Kate too much into the "celebrity" limelight and that's something that as a future King and Queen Consort they need to avoid at all costs.

But then again.. what do I know? I think I need a donut. :D

You bring up a good point. I didn't really think of that. It won't be the best to have them mix with Hollywood celebrity style. Oh well, it was just a thought. Donut...hmmmm....I may go for some ice cream, though your option sounds good too.

I'm ahead of you, Osipi, I already had some ice-cream popsicles; way too much to ponder on here!:p

Yes, visiting this site brings out the sweet tooth in me too :lol: :D.

I love William and Catherine's Scottish titles, more than their English titles. Look forward to images of this event.

Olympic bash? Why not! No doubt they would have been invited no matter who organised the party as William and Catherine at the "it" couple of the Royals at the moment.

I love William and Catherine's Scottish titles, more than their English titles. Look forward to images of this event.

Are you referring to the Order of the Thistle? If so, I think that particular ceremony is private, so we probably won't be seeing any pictures from that event.

Re Order of the Thistle Ceremony: I thought it was like the Garter Ceremony. The installation of a new member and the service is private within St George's Chapel, but we always see the procession. New members of the Thistle are a rare event but I think this year (Jubilee and William being enrolled) we will see the procession because there is wider interest.

Are you referring to the Order of the Thistle? If so, I think that particular ceremony is private, so we probably won't be seeing any pictures from that event.
The event itself isn't private; they'll probably be pictures of the procession - same as the Order of the Garter ceremony.
William's installation ceremony, however, will indeed be private.

The event itself isn't private; they'll probably be pictures of the procession - same as the Order of the Garter ceremony.
William's installation ceremony, however, will indeed be private.

Thank you so much for clearing that up :flowers:.

In regards to that I member a few years after William first became part of the Order of the Garter we finally got film of his installation so perhaps we may eventually get something from the Order of the Thistle ceremony, it'll just take a while.

This is a non-story. The article states that: The Hollywood pair are throwing a swanky Olympic Games themed party, to raise funds for the Sports For Peace initiative, at London's Victoria & Albert Museum on July 25 and the royal couple along with William's brother Prince Harry are top of their wish-list of guests.

The article is claiming that William, Kate and Harry are on Brad and Angelina's wish-list - not that they are invited. Plus, who said that the three royals are on the wish-list? Where is this 'information' coming from? How embarrassing if they aren't invited! :p

I suspect the article is a plant to determine whether it would be okay were the three royals to party at such a glitzy celebrity party. I think someone has run this up the flag-pole to check the prevailing winds.

Or, potentially, Brad and Angelina might see this article - or one of their assistants will see it - and get the hint that they should invite the young royals.

Its amazing how much smoke and mirrors such little bits of non-information in a non-story are really about.

Well let's hope it doesn't become reality. The BRF going down the 'celebrity" route again is nothing but trouble, imo.

Well let's hope it doesn't become reality. The BRF going down the 'celebrity" route again is nothing but trouble, imo.

I will bet a year's worth of donuts that it will never be a reality. As Tyger said, its really a non-story to begin with. One thing that it did do though with putting Wills and Kate and Harry's name into a story about Brad and Ang's upcoming big bash in London, it got more people like me who don't follow celebrities at all to realize these folks are throwing a big bash in London. Big deal. Charitable works are great but for some reason I really want to question their motives on this one.

Last edited:
Re: Brad and Angie story, been seeing it on other sites as well but I dunno whether they just took the original story from femalefirst and just re worded it a bit or if other paper's sources are also hearing about this. I'd wait for confirmation from the palace tbh.

In other news William and Harry will be participating in a polo match after Trooping The Colour though no word yet if Kate will also be there

Also a new quote from Cheryl Cole
'I spent quite a bit of time chatting to Kate and William. She's just so normal. They're royals but they're not disconnected from us, they know what's going on in the world. They were just saying how happy they were with the performance and what a good night the Queen had. Kate's doing really well. It must be tough being thrust into the limelight but she doesn't seem to flinch. She takes it in her stride. I love that she wears things twice'.
Bigger news apparently the Duke and Duchess are set to go on more engagements with the DoE and The Queen in July
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are set to return to Scotland in July, as they accompany the Queen on her Diamond Jubilee engagements.

Along with the Duke of Edinburgh, the royals will attend various events in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Greenock and Perth between July 2 and 6.
http://www.princess-diana-remembere...-duchess-of-cambridge-coming-to-scotland.html

Last edited:
This is probably the reason. However, never let it be said that Angelina and Brad ever miss a photo opportunity for themselves.:ermm:

You got that right. They are really awful in my opinion. I really hope the Duke and Duchess don't stoop that low. :argh:

I'm maybe being heretical here, but I've never been impressed by "Brangelina". IMHO they're just trying to further their "look at us we're special" mentality by cashing in on their so-called "friendship" with a couple who are real royalty rather than "Hollywood" royalty. No comparison.

I'm maybe being heretical here, but I've never been impressed by "Brangelina". IMHO they're just trying to further their "look at us we're special" mentality by cashing in on their so-called "friendship" with a couple who are real royalty rather than "Hollywood" royalty. No comparison.

I too am not a Branglina fan.... having said that, I can't blame them for inviting the Duke and Duchess to their event; look at the ink they have recieved just for the invitation alone. However, I will be dissappointed if for some odd reason the Cambridges accept.

I am pretty neutral towards Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. However, this is a non-story, as far as I'm concerned. IF they are indeed hosting a party (and that hasn't been confirmed), of course they are going to invite the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince Harry - 2012 Olympic Ambassadors. If they did not invite them, now that would have been surprising.

I will say this about the Jolies or Pitts or whatever: they have done a huge amount of work for charities worldwide. For instance, Pitt's Make It Right Foundation is currently building solar-powered, elevated, and community-conscious housing for families in my hometown of New Orleans, specifically the ill-fated Ninth Ward devastated by Hurricane Katrina. They are doing this while no other major beneficent programs, including the US government's promised help, have done so.

At least they put their money where their mouths are, in my humble opinion.

:previous: Just saw all of the above and agree.

I can't blame them for inviting the Duke and Duchess to their event;

There is no invitation. Someone decided to claim that they were on a wish-list. Where that info comes from is unknown. Its a safe speculation because I'm sure Brad and Angelina would be fine with them coming, of course - but the attribution to them of having such an overt wish - unless it was said in an interview that is being kept secret - is someone's concoction. Faulting them for it is unfair imo. That said, its possible they floated it - or their publicist did - for 'the ink'. That's possible.

I can never get Jennifer Anniston out of my mind when I see Brad Pitt - or forget how shimmering a presence he was as a younger man in the film 'A River Runs Through It'. Long time ago it seems. I also understand that the love he had for these two women was very different - and is none of my business, of course - but for some reason I find myself resenting Angelina. I'm happy to say that she has lost her bankability in films - and that is very mean of me, I know. I don't find her likeable.

I also don't like these famous people who have these huge adoptive menageries of children. Its like they are addicted to adoption. (there is Angelina - and Madonna and Mia Farrow come to mind). I laud giving children the benefit of their wealth - yet there are other ways of having that happen without separating a child from its natal home - now that would be a statement! (Part of my negative bias is rooted in having had experience with such menageries - and its not always the fairytale - more problems than such arrangements are worth imo - there are so many better ways of making a difference with one's money than compromising one's family peace and harmony).

I am aware that wealthy people have long had glittering social events around charitable causes - its laudable, I guess - but there are other ways to get the wealth into the hands of those who need it - like taxes :D

Last edited:
I will say this about the Jolies or Pitts or whatever: they have done a huge amount of work for charities worldwide. For instance, Pitt's Make It Right Foundation is currently building solar-powered, elevated, and community-conscious housing for families in my hometown of New Orleans, specifically the ill-fated Ninth Ward devastated by Hurricane Katrina. They are doing this while no other major beneficent programs, including the US government's promised help, have done so.

At least they put their money where their mouths are, in my humble opinion.
Yep. I really admire their charity work. They're very hands on and involved. As for the whole triangle thing, I couldn't care less about it. It's been 8 years. They've all moved on and seem happy with their current lives.

IF they are indeed hosting a party (and that hasn't been confirmed), of course they are going to invite the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince Harry - 2012 Olympic Ambassadors. If they did not invite them, now that would have been surprising.

Exactly. If there is such an event, I don't see the big deal with the Cambridge's being invited (or going).

Bigger news apparently the Duke and Duchess are set to go on more engagements with the DoE and The Queen in July
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge coming to Scotland - Princess Diana Remembered
I'm really looking forward to their Scotland visits.

Last edited:
I personally don't buy into this idea that children shouldnt be separated from their "native name"! I am pretty sure it is more important to have family and parents who love you rather than being raised in an orphanage or countless foster homes in your native land. And this is coming from someone who doesn't like Brad or Angelina and was Team Aniston.
As for this "wish list" I don't believe it, just people looking for a story.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge coming to Scotland - Princess Diana Remembered

Quite appropriate for a new member of the Order of the Thistle to accompany the Queen in Scotland, right? And given the health issues of the DoE, perhaps the planners at Buckingham Palace are looking for more opportunities for Will and Kate to join the Queen and DoE just in case the DoE is sidelined by illness again.

I have no idea how accurate this information is:

Wills and Kate headed for Luxembourg

Marc Thill ‏@marcthill: Wills and Kate headed for Luxembourg for wedding ceremony Guillaume and Stéphanie

It would be nice to see them attending a royal wedding elsewhere in Europe! I'm going to cross my fingers and hope this comes to pass, especially if there are some tiara events for Kate.

Hmmmm.... I wonder if William will wear a kilt any time while in Scotland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom