Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: April-September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much more to add to the sentiments stated already except to say lovely, simply lovely.

Finally she have a new hairstyle :clap: and she looks lovely :)

catherine is perfect! simply perfect and beautiful!!! a 10 for our future queen!

You can hear an onlooker say, "What a dress." Thanks for posting, Ghost!

No prob. I'm off for the night been up since 9am and didn't get much sleep last night so my body is kinda confused at this point. Gonna make some dinner then relax for the rest of the night. I'll check to see what else I can find in the morning. Otherwise we'll be at it again next Friday!

Oh, yes, you will!:D But this member of the Greek chorus' updo brigade is singing a paen of praise over that fabulous hairdo; that sophisticated style has totally elevated the entire evening look to a whole different level. I can just imagine a tiara nestled in that elaborate 'do, or a couple of jeweled hairpins. Those lovely earrings and neckline are clearly displayed, and that gown is glorious in both color and style. I absolutely love the back and her matching clutch. Beautiful, sleek and chic; for me, it's her best look ever, including the wedding, and she looked just wonderful. Kudos, Kate, and thank you all for the great photos.

Now that wasn't so hard....;)

Totally agree. She has done well. She looks brilliant - and she has been able to off-set the neck/posture problem somewhat with the extended up-do in the back. (But she is seriously hunched and that will only get worse unless she addresses it). She really does look relaxed and happy, though. Having the hair up is such a great change but she seems totally relaxed with it - so that's good. (We can still hope about the eye-make-up for one day, someday, to metamorphose - maybe when she's finally a mother).

just a side note: some one should tell her to throw her shoulders back and hold her head straight up. she always has is leaned foward and it really does not do her any justice. and she holds her shoulders not back, but kind of pulled foward. The higher the heel, the more your shoulders have to go back and the head should follow. Sorry. Pet peeve of mine!

Ah, so you see it, too. They have to avoid side shots - its been very noticeable in the past with side shots. If she doesn't fix it, it could bode not well as she grows older. Best to get in the habit now. Pilates? Feldenkrais? Or perhaps just a a few lessons in runway walking?

Last edited:
Only complaint is the dress flatens her chest, a part from that she looks great. Her face also looks fuller which makes her look even more pretty.

Yes, she might be starting to hit her stride after this initial year.

I've noticed that Kate leans slightly to the right when she walks as well, like she's leading with her right shoulder.

Ah, so you see it, too. They have to avoid side shots - its been very noticeable in the past with side shots. If she doesn't fix it, it could bode not well as she grows older. Best to get in the habit now. Pilates?

Great outfit, with a well calculated wow effect. Hair up suits her!
Bye Bine

'WOW' is really the only expression that comes to mind when looking at Catherine's dress from last night's gala. She looked poised, regal, elegant, sophisticated, etc, and every bit the princess that she is. She rocks that shade of blue and I do hope we see her in it more often. I loved William's little jokes and digs at his brother during his speech. He definitely knows how to get people's attention. I'm glad that they were able to make this appearance. The Olympic fever is starting to rise, or so it would seem, according to the Duke's speech. It'll be an experience of a lifetime for so many.

Many thanks to ghost_night for all her hard work in finding videos and links. It is appreciated.

I absolutely love the dress and the hairstyle that Kate wore for the Gala and I've noticed something very appropriate for the occasion and I'm wondering if she planned this on purpose.

I sensed a bit of a Grecian undercurrent in the style of the dress and with the updo she wore, it reminded me of the recent ceremony in Greece to light the Olympic flame which began its journey to the UK. Perhaps I'm seeing things but I did check out the video for when they lit the flame and Kate would have fit very nicely into the ceremonial group. What do you think?:)

BBC News - Olympic flame is lit in Greece

I absolutely love the dress and the hairstyle that Kate wore for the Gala and I've noticed something very appropriate for the occasion and I'm wondering if she planned this on purpose.

I sensed a bit of a Grecian undercurrent in the style of the dress and with the updo she wore, it reminded me of the recent ceremony in Greece to light the Olympic flame which began its journey to the UK. Perhaps I'm seeing things but I did check out the video for when they lit the flame and Kate would have fit very nicely into the ceremonial group. What do you think?:)

BBC News - Olympic flame is lit in Greece

I had the same thought, Osipi. Obviously there are big differences, but the pleated skirts aren't dissimilar. I think it's more a coincidence than an intentional homage on Kate's part given that the flame lighting ceremony was only a couple of days ago. Kate's dress and clutch are bespoke so I'm sure they've been working on it for a few weeks at least.

I am glad to see Catherine with her hair up and in a wonderful blue dress.She looks not only gorgeous, but natural.
10 of 10!

I love her makeup...oh so subtle.

Must have the name and color ...Inquiring minds wanna know

That's just lovely....if you can't tell I'm being sarcastic

Read the rest here: Prince William by Penny Junor: review - Telegraph

I agree with the last part of the last sentence 'he makes a difficult subject for a biography, he’ll make a good king'. I think on the big scheme of things, William is relatively 'quiet' and doesn't do anything too 'outrageous', which is exactly how he needs to be. He concentrates on his work as a SAR pilot, and does royal engagements when he can. It may make him appear boring to some, but I see that as a sign of maturity and steadfastness. He strikes me as a very private and introverted individual, who may internalize a great deal. His mother called him 'a deep thinker' at one point, and I think she hit the nail on the head. This is a man who most likely enjoys contemplation and some 'alone' time to just gather his thoughts and emotions.

Ya I agree. In a strange way I like sorta the mysteriousness of William. I like the fact he keeps us guessing.Sometimes it's great to know alot about people but I think some things need to be kept private, for logical reasons and because that way it makes it more fun, if you get what I mean.

Last edited:
There are tweets (Mark Stewart) that Kate has taken Lupo to see William and Harry play polo. Can anyone find photos? (I'm not very good at that sort of thing)

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom