Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: April-September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the press said that William and Kate were attending a wedding this weekend?
Whose wedding is it?

I didn't hear whose; only that they're going to Aberdeen this weekend. So which is which?

Not the entire weekend, they'll be back in Anglessey either now or tomorrow morning for their anniversary. The only info I heard on this weekend, was they were spending part of it with friends.

EDIT: tweet from Ghost_night at the top of the page says they were at a friends "celebration".

Yeah we're hearing 2 diff versions of what they're plans are for this weekend. The whole friend's wedding started because one of the journalists I can't member who said that a likely scenario could be that the "celebration" at their friend's place could be a wedding but besides that we have no real confirmation whether or not that assumption is in fact correct.

On another note, one year later some secrets from the wedding day have been revealed by Kate's hairdresser
Prince William and Kate Anniversary : People.com
(full title should say:
Kate Middleton's Wedding Day Hairdresser Reveals His Secret Assistant)

The two were spotted with Pippa at a wedding in Suffolk.

On the eve of their 1st wedding anniversary the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge, together with Pippa, attended a wedding in Suffolk. @MrsRegalEyes

Pictures are supposedly coming from her husband royal photographer Mark Stewart (@RegalEyes) and Ikon Pictures if they manage to sell them. Which seems highly likely to me.

Very sweet article. These two share a very strong emotional bond, and their glances and body language when together say a great deal. They're lucky to have found their 'other half'. *Walks off with a wistful expression on her face :wub:*. If we all could be this lucky...
Totally agree with you. It's funny because on tumblr earlier there was a blog saying that Diana and Charles had that same "look" and we all know what happened there, I was like oh give me a break why are you trying to find something that is so not there. They went on to explain how the Falklands stint was done for William to get away from Kate anyways I won't go on you can imagine how ridiculous this blog post was. I just do not understand why people nitpick at things that are not even there to begin with.

On the eve of their 1st wedding anniversary the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge, together with Pippa, attended a wedding in Suffolk. @MrsRegalEyes

Pictures are supposedly coming from her husband royal photographer Mark Stewart (@RegalEyes) and Ikon Pictures if they manage to sell them. Which seems highly likely to me.
Thanks for that, I'll keep my eye on their account and see if anything surfaces in terms of pix and such :flowers:

Thanks for the update, Royal Newbie. I'm sure we'll be seeing forthcoming pictures.

Thank you for the update :flowers:. I hope they're having a good time (which I'm sure they are). Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Totally agree with you. It's funny because on tumblr earlier there was a blog saying that Diana and Charles had that same "look" and we all know what happened there, I was like oh give me a break why are you trying to find something that is so not there. They went on to explain how the Falklands stint was done for William to get away from Kate anyways I won't go on you can imagine how ridiculous this blog post was. I just do not understand why people nitpick at things that are not even there to begin with.

Oy vey :bang:. The world's full of jealous and ignorant people, who want to spread their misery. Not that I know what goes on behind closed doors (and for all we know, there could be some serious unhappiness there), but I'd like to think that they're happy with one another. The shots and videos of them together demonstrate that they are more than content to be together, and the accounts of those who have met them and seen them together say the same thing. They would have to be great actors to just 'fake' the looks that they share.

Thanks for that, I'll keep my eye on their account and see if anything surfaces in terms of pix and such :flowers:

I'm looking forward to your updates, as always :D.

Thank you for the update :flowers:. I hope they're having a good time (which I'm sure they are). Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Oy vey :bang:. The world's full of jealous and ignorant people, who want to spread their misery. Not that I know what goes on behind closed doors (and for all we know, there could be some serious unhappiness there), but I'd like to think that they're happy with one another. The shots and videos of them together demonstrate that they are more than content to be together, and the accounts of those who have met them and seen them together say the same thing. They would have to be great actors to just 'fake' the looks that they share.

I'm looking forward to your updates, as always :D.

Exactly. I won't push this subject further because I don't want to get into comparisons but my last little comment on this is that with Diana and Charles in the early years he seemed to try and guide her we saw a few playful moments here or there but as the years went by you could see tension beginning to form. Whereas for all we see so far both of these two seem to love being with each other. I love the little gestures and little comments both of them share for example we always see William asking Kate at functions if she's "ok" he always has his hand behind her to guide her it's the little things that make me think that hopefully these two are very much in love. And William seems to also be very much proud of Kate and her popularity. I dunno I just get a whole different vibe from William and Kate but then again I wasn't around during Diana and Charles' era so maybe I see it differently cause I know how it all ends. Lord I just found a tumblr blog that is all about Kate's missteps in the first year oh dear lord save me now what has the world turned into?!

Now as for these pics people have bombarded Mrs.Regal Eyes and Ikon Pictures's accounts asking where to find the pix but no response yet. My best guess is they may be a Hello Magazine exclusive next week.

Last edited:
Exactly. I won't push this subject further because I don't want to get into comparisons but my last little comment on this is that with Diana and Charles in the early years he seemed to try and guide her we saw a few playful moments here or there but as the years went by you could see tension beginning to form. Whereas for all we see so far both of these two seem to love being with each other. I love the little gestures and little comments both of them share for example we always see William asking Kate at functions if she's "ok" he always has his hand behind her to guide her it's the little things that make me think that hopefully these two are very much in love. And William seems to also be very much proud of Kate and her popularity. I dunno I just get a whole different vibe from William and Kate but then again I wasn't around during Diana and Charles' era so maybe I see it differently cause I know how it all ends. Lord I just found a tumblr blog that is all about Kate's missteps in the first year oh dear lord save me now what has the world turned into?!

Now as for these pics people have bombarded Mrs.Regal Eyes and Ikon Pictures's accounts asking where to find the pix but no response yet. My best guess is they may be a Hello Magazine exclusive next week.

The little gestures say it all. I have a feeling that it must be very quiet in the Cambridge household, because they just have to look at the other to know what needs to be done/said, or what the other is thinking :D. I'm glad that there are couples out there who share that connection. It's so rare and difficult to find.

The sad thing is, that people will see what they want. If they want to see all the negative things (and there are hardly any, if truth were told), then they'll see them, and no matter what anyone says, they'll not change their minds. I think for that reason I don't bother with blogs, because at the end of the day, I'll be getting irritated, and in all honesty, those that want to hate don't deserve my time (or yours for that matter, because you show nothing but support for Will and Kate). A close friend of mine, who's not a royal watcher, but likes William and Catherine coined a little phrase and likes to use it when I tell her about someone saying something nasty about Catherine (she has a soft spot for her more so than Wills): 'Stop the hate/We love you Kate'. I giggle when she uses it, but I think it expresses how those that support this particular person may feel.

Aww I totally love your friend's catch phrase! I'll be using that definitely! Yeah I adore William and Kate. I was actually trying to find a picture of William I had misplaced on my drive when I saw those 2 or 3 blogs and it just irritated me to death that people are so bored in life that they spend their time criticizing people who they don't even know. I'm not saying Wills and Kate aren't going to screw up in the future once in a while but trying to find things that from my perspective aren't even there is a bit ridiculous you know? My mom who was around for the other royal weddings, feels like there's something special something different with William and Kate something she can't quite put her finger on but she always tell me "these two are truly in love" I can tell and I trust my mom cause she was right about the past royal breakups and she herself has been married for over 20 years.

Ok I'm watching this video right now from the premiere on Wednesday and I'm curious what in the world does Wills say at around 2:12 or so.(scroll to the bottom of the page)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...atthew-Williamson-dress-charity-premiere.html

Last edited:
Aww I totally love your friend's catch phrase! I'll be using that definitely! Yeah I adore William and Kate. I was actually trying to find a picture of William I had misplaced on my drive when I saw those 2 or 3 blogs and it just irritated me to death that people are so bored in life that they spend their time criticizing people who they don't even know. I'm not saying Wills and Kate aren't going to screw up in the future once in a while but trying to find things that from my perspective aren't even there is a bit ridiculous you know? My mom who was around for the other royal weddings, feels like there's something special something different with William and Kate something she can't quite put her finger on but she always tell me "these two are truly in love" I can tell and I trust my mom cause she was right about the past royal breakups and she herself has been married for over 20 years.

I think what bothers me most is the fact that the nasty comments come from those who have never met these two. I'll never understand it. Your Mom has hit the nail on the head. There's that 'something' with this couple that you cannot explain, but are able to feel. They radiate it.

Last edited:
I can tell you guys that William and Kate attended the wedding of Hannah and Rob
Wingfield Church ‏ @WingfieldChurch Congratulations to Hannah and Rob, married at Wingfield Church today (in Suffolk)
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were welcomed to Wingfield Church today as guests at wedding of Hannah and Rob
I checked tomorrow's papers and nothing yet so I'm guessing if we get anything it'll either be on Monday or late tomorrow.
William And Kate: Royals Will Spend First Wedding Anniversary In Private With Friends | UK News | Sky News
William and Kate will spend their first wedding anniversary in private with friends.

St James' Palace confirmed the couple have travelled to an undisclosed location in the UK to an event which falls on the day they married one year ago.

Again more wedding secrets and some info about yesterday and how they will be spending today.
The hair-raising inside story of Kate's wedding day... by the men behind that unforgettable look | Mail Online

Last edited:
Ok I thought this deserved a fresh post. I apologize for what looks like spamming on my part.
Niraj Tanna ‏ @IkonPictures Pictures of TRH The Duke and Duchess Cambridge taken at a friends wedding yesterday will be published in Hello! No online pictures available
Paul Harrison ‏ @SkyNewsRoyal #royal @Rosie_Nixon no doubt you're having a very busy day or two preparing Publication of #William and #Kate's photos in Monday's @Hello!
I'll have the preview up most likely tomorrow night(my time) judging from past experiences.

Now that we know what's going to happen with these photos I'm off to bed.

I know I know I said I was done but here's one more royal wedding article:
The royal wedding: magic we can't forget - Telegraph

Last edited:
Thanks for the article, ghostnight. These stories about the preparations for the wedding are oddly fascinating. It's weird to think of William, Kate and Harry sitting watching a re-run of the wedding before the evening reception.

Evidently Kate picked the Scroll tiara because it was her favourite.

Nice article about a memorable event that's clearly imprinted itself on people's consciousness. It would have been fun to have had an interview with the clergyman who did a cartwheel in the aisle of Westminster Abbey after the wedding. I remember seeing that on YouTube and had a good laugh over that one!

Last edited:
There was a small article in the East Anglian Daily Times - William and Kate attended the wedding of Hannah Gillingham & Robert Carter. According to article Hannah is a close school friend of Kate (from Marborough I would assume which also explains Pippa being there). Of course there are no photos in the article but it said that Kate wore a lace fitted dress that she previously wore in Canada - the blue Erdem from Montreal ? Or was there another lace dress during Canada ?

Skippyboo said:
There was a small article in the East Anglian Daily Times - William and Kate attended the wedding of Hannah Gillingham & Robert Carter. According to article Hannah is a close school friend of Kate (from Marborough I would assume which also explains Pippa being there). Of course there are no photos in the article but it said that Kate wore a lace fitted dress that she previously wore in Canada - the blue Erdem from Montreal ? Or was there another lace dress during Canada ?

There were 2 lace dresses, both Erdem The navy lace from her first day in Canada and the royal blue with the short lace yoke and sleeves (she went to church inCanada in it). Either would be appropriate. Can't want to see the pictures.

will be a official photo for the first anniversary?

Happy Anniversary to the Cambridges!! Hope they are having/had a lovely day together!

2 pics from yesterday's wedding is in this video
TODAY Video Player

Ok I pulled the still because a website who posted the same still got reported this morning by the photographers and were forced to shut down so I don't want the same to happen here.

Another photo here(lq newspaper scan):
https://p.twimg.com/ArpgbT8CMAMeppL.jpg

Prince William and Kate Anniversary Weekend : People.com

The Mirror published one of the photos from yesterday
Kate Middleton and Prince William anniversary: Royal couple spend soggy first wedding anniversary in the country - Mirror Online

More photos:
Kate and Pippa Middleton attend friend's big day a year after the royal wedding | Mail Online

Last edited:
Oh, so sad not a official photo for the anniverasry, i remember the sweet photo of charles and diana with baby wills in their wedding's firts anniversary and I remember too the ofiicial photo of edward and sophie.

Ok I thought this deserved a fresh post. I apologize for what looks like spamming on my part.
I'll have the preview up most likely tomorrow night(my time) judging from past experiences.

Now that we know what's going to happen with these photos I'm off to bed.

I know I know I said I was done but here's one more royal wedding article:
The royal wedding: magic we can't forget - Telegraph

As always, thank you for all your updates :flowers:. The article from 'The Telegraph' was delightful to read. So many wonderful moments, and memories for all who were privileged to be involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom