Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: April-September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh my god! wills look so so so good with the baby! I can0t wait for a cambrdge's baby!! I really want a girl!

How cool that they got to visit MI6 this morning. I'd love a look round there but I suppose the 'secret' bit of the Secret Service is pretty important.

Prince William & Kate Middleton's Royal Wedding Cake to be Auctioned - The Morton Report

CNN Video:
Prince William a 'natural' as he cradles baby at charity event - CNN.com

Kate Middleton's Rebecca Taylor Jacket Sells Out In 30 Minutes (PHOTOS)

Also small tidbit Richard was the only one who was sending live tweets from inside the 1st engagement as it happened but due to connectivity issues and such they never went through. So we didn't miss much in terms of my live updates since there were very few to go by. :lol:
Also thought this was important:
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter William and Kate are away at friends' celebration this weekend but are expected to return to Anglesey on their first anniversary, says PA.

Last edited:
I dont get it, how do you auction off pastry? I mean you can't really save it, and it's so cute the way william holds the child in his arms.

Those traditional dense fruit cakes will keep for years. You wouldn't want to eat it, but it doesn't disintegrate or anything. You can buy pieces of Charles and Diana's wedding cake even today.

Interesting that William and Kate made a private visit to MI6 this morning. That's a more serious engagement than we've perhaps seen them do before. Certainly William will one day know all the state secrets, as the Queen does, so perhaps they're just starting to ease him into it all.

Ghost_night, thanks for all of the photos, videos and information. :flowers:

As I PM'd soapstar, Mary can only do so much! :lol:
The red pants have their own fan club/following I'm afraid but Frederik certainly doesn't wear them nor his funky suits (the only way I can describe them) as often as he used to.
Though I'm not personally a fan of the velvet suits, I love that Frederik isn't afraid to do "something different." IMO better than dressing the same for years with no differentiation, i.e. same old grey or navy two button suits and the common tuxedo

Apologies to the Mods for going off-topic

Oh, Frederik. Those red pants are a hot mess. :lol: I do agree with you, American Dane. You have to applaud the guy for wearing what he likes.

I love the video and photos of William holding the baby. So cute.

I wonder if this the first time that William has visited MI6?

Last edited:
I absolutely adored the pictures/videos of William and Catherine with the baby :wub:. Loved Wills' little line of 'please, why did you give me to him?' when he was holding little Hugo. They're both so good with little ones. The pictures/videos made my heart melt.

As far as how Catherine looks for the evening reception, I'd say she is being her usual understated self, which works for her. I really love her hair.

Cute comments
Paul Harrison ‏ @SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #kate says to parents of baby: "He's so sweet..just three weeks old..he's so good with all these people..has he had a sleep?" #broody
#royal #william #kate Watch #skynews at 9 and you'll hear Prince William asked "are you getting in some practice" as he holds a baby boy!
#royal #william #kate Prince William replies "you've always gotta get a little bit" as he cradles 3-week old baby Hugo #broody

David Wilkinson ‏ @Wilkinson_David
Kate and William now meeting the Rothermere family https://twitter.com/#!/Wilkinson_David/status/195595391775944705/photo/1

I love when they were with the baby! So adorable!

Aw, rock-a-bye baby! I think Wills so wants to be a daddy; he's certainly very comfortable with an infant in his arms.

And I'm glad to see how Kate is accessorizing her outfits better. The earrings and belt gave a nice flair to an otherwise sedate dress.

Last edited:

I agree with all the comments about William holding the baby - my word, he was impressively adept at holding the child and passed him back with ease, no discomfort at all. Impressive.

Does anyone else see the amazing resemblance Kate has to Crown Princess Mary of Denmark? It really jumped out at me in this picture of Kate: http://tinyurl.com/895ykqy

Last edited:
Aw, rock-a-bye baby! I think Wills so wants to be a daddy; he's certainly very comfortable with an infant in his arms.

And I'm glad to see how Kate is accessorizing her outfits better. The earrings and belt gave a nice flair to an otherwise sedate dress.

I'm in complete agreement here. William will be an excellent and hands-on Daddy, and is most likely looking forward to the role. Children seem to like him too, which is a huge plus. I love how she accessorized the dress she chose for the evening. The belt and earrings added the flair that would have been missing had she shown up with no jewelry of any sort.

I agree with all the comments about William holding the baby - my word, he was impressively adept at holding the child and passed him back with ease, no discomfort at all. Impressive.

Does anyone else see the amazing resemblance Kate has to Crown Princess Mary of Denmark? It really jumped out at me in this picture of Kate: http://tinyurl.com/895ykqy

When I clicked on the link, I did a double take. It's almost a carbon copy of Crown Princess Mary. And yes, Wills was very comfortable with the little one. Wonder if he and Catherine have some friends back home that have babies, because he was holding Hugo like a pro :wub:. I know from experience that being around families with small children, you can't help but get really good at cuddling and holding the really little ones. My grandmother's parish is always full of kids, and I'm happy to offer my services when a child is fussy and the mother is in need of a break.

So haven't been able to find many vids from tonight's engagement maybe some more will appear later but for any vids from the past 2 days just got here, there's tons
duke and duchess of cambridge - YouTube

This one has some footage from tonight's last engagement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqE-JBG_YhE

Now I'm off going to a party tonight. I'll see what else I can find in the morning when I awake.

Happy anniversary, Wills and Kate! As they celebrate 12 months of wedded bliss, FEMAIL looks back at the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's first year of marriage
Last April, William and Kate were married in a stunning ceremony at Westminster Abbey. The world watched as the fairytale came true for Kate Middleton, a middle-class girl who married her prince. One year on, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge look happier than ever. Across an eventful 12 months that has seen the two make dozens of public appearances, attend numerous charity events and William posted to the Falklands, leaving Kate to carry out solo engagements, the two have spent the year in the spotlight coming to terms with life as a working Royal couple.

Looking back at those photos, I think they were both really looking good at the Epsom Derby. Kate's hat that day was a real winner.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Contaminated water scare at Royal anniversary hideaway
Prince William and his wife Catherine flew into Aberdeen Airport yesterday for a quiet weekend break.

For the record we also have this version as well
https://twitter.com/#!/RoyalReporter
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter William and Kate are away at friends' celebration this weekend but are expected to return to Anglesey on their first anniversary, says PA.

they look every day better.

I loved looking at the pictures of the past year for the Cambridges. They have done very well as a couple as well as individually. I've said this before, but I'll say it again; marriage has really agreed with William. He appears more relaxed and at ease when it public (I began to notice this when they performed engagements together right after getting betrothed in November '10). Catherine has come into her role very seamlessly. She's quite natural at being in public, even if she doesn't like being the center of attention. It was really lovely watching them grow in the past year. I'm sure we'll have more things to look forward to as time goes by.

Happy, happy anniversary to the Duke and Success of Cambridge!!! May they have a long and happy life together. May they enjoy the love they have for eachother and may they be blessed with children. May their home be filled with abundant love. Cheers!

The beautiful English field maples which lined the aisle in Westminster Abbey for William and Kate's wedding, are seen flourishing outside the house Prince Charles renovated and which he and Camilla stay in when in Wales. It's so nice to see the trees continuing to do well, I thought they were a gorgeous touch in the Abbey.
Royal wedding trees live happily ever after as they go into leaf outside Charles's holiday home | Mail Online
Nice to see the beautiful maples have found a new home. :)
They looked really beautiful during the wedding, a nice personal touch to the traditional affair.

Yes the maples were a beautiful touch to the wedding. They made the church look like it was in the forest and gave a feeling of being out in the open. Good that they are being used at the house. What a nice memory.

Yes the maples were a beautiful touch to the wedding. They made the church look like it was in the forest and gave a feeling of being out in the open. Good that they are being used at the house. What a nice memory.

I remember having the same impression when seeing the trees inside the Abbey. I was reminded of various parks that I visited as a child, while living in Moscow. It's nice to see that the trees found a home with Charles and Camila. A very lovely keepsake from a very special day.

The beautiful English field maples which lined the aisle in Westminster Abbey for William and Kate's wedding, are seen flourishing outside the house Prince Charles renovated and which he and Camilla stay in when in Wales. It's so nice to see the trees continuing to do well, I thought they were a gorgeous touch in the Abbey.

Royal wedding trees live happily ever after as they go into leaf outside Charles's holiday home | Mail Online

Nice to see these trees thriving and healthy; can one say this is also symbolic of the couple's marriage without getting too sentimental about it? I wonder where the remainder of the trees went to. Thanks for the article, E!

Last edited:
Do you remember the days before the wedding when we saw the trees going into the Abbey and heard about the decorations? I thought it was going to look awful. There were very few actual flowers used; some weddings go overboard with red roses in particular. But, it actually worked beautifully. Charles has a bit of a knack for interior design. You can view pictures of the inside of the house in Wales, which was designed by Charles, and it's all really pretty. Simple, but elegant.

I also thought the idea of trees in the Abbey wasn't going to work out well, but they did look nice and not overwhelming. Charles' property looks lovely and the trees are so well-suited to the landscape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom