Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: April-September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and for the record....
William and Kate surprised Royal watchers at Crathie today when they went to Church with Charles and Camilla.” — @DonaldStewartPh

So the pictures from the DM article are from their supposed trip a few weeks ago yes?

I think these pictures are from their recent holidays in France, after William's return from Argentina. I'm not surprised by comments, if I will have problems with fining the job, having opportunity to start a family (no job=no credit=no money=no home=no place to start family) and public persons (future king) would enjoy 3rd holidays in 3 months I would be angry too.

As far as I know this is their second holiday since the honeymoon. To me that is not that exceptional. I have a colleague who went on two skiing holidays in 6 weeks time. And will go on another holiday this summer. No one can expect them to stay at home for ever because some people in the UK have a hard time. what they do with their time and money is their business. As for protection officers.. Giving up protection is not an option for them and as far as I’m concerned if the UK government wants them to have protection they should pay for it as well.

They have the same holidays that they had when they were single.I don't think that these are expensive holidays, they aren't doing anything beyond extraordinary...however the Mustique holidays I must say that were a bit too much but they are royals...and we have never seen a royal "digging deep into their pockets"...:flowers:

Why was the Mustique holiday a bit much?? The only problem I have with any of this is that they just can’t win. If they travel budget they get ostracized for „pretending to be like everyone else”, if they don’t travel budget they are ostracized for wasting money. It must be absolutely exhausting to be them.

Ahh. Lovely to see William and Catherine enjoying a quiet Easter with Charles and Camila.

Well, I'm honestly surprised, but pleasantly so. That is very nice. May we perhaps be seeing the way the royals will be handling their obligations in the future? Christmas is with this GrandMaMa and New Year's is over here with these in-laws and then Easter we're over here with so-and-so.

I know in my younger days the patterns were quickly established in the first year of marriage - right down to changing when the presents were opened for the extended family on one side (went to Christmas Eve).

Oh and for the record....
Thanks for the information! I'd assumed William and Kate spent the Easter with Kate's family, however it is a pleasant surprise to know they instead opted to spend it with Charles and Camilla (and possibly, Camilla's family).

Last edited:
Well, I'm honestly surprised, but pleasantly so. That is very nice. May we perhaps be seeing the way the royals will be handling their obligations in the future? Christmas is with this GrandMaMa and New Year's is over here with these in-laws and then Easter we're over here with so-and-so.

I know in my younger days the patterns were quickly established in the first year of marriage - right down to changing when the presents were opened for the extended family on one side (went to Christmas Eve).

Well, I can't say I was terribly surprised. lol I thought it was a high probability since they'd just gotten back from a trip with Kate's family. But, as you pointed out, patterns tend to be set early on. This may be theirs--regardless of their vacation plans.

Beside all that, as far as I know, William is close to his family and Kate gets along well with them, too.

The woman in the car looks more like Eugenie.

Eugenie was at Windsor attending Easter service with the Queen and members of the family

Yes, this does bear a resemblance to Kate, and that looks like Charles in front.

Last edited:
It's def not Eugenie because the outfit doesn't match to what she wore at the service at Windsor. I think it's due to the lighting and how small the photo is that gives off the image that it isn't Kate.

Last edited:
Then who could it be? Were only the BRF in attendance for the Easter service? Or is this just a picture of a member of staff?

That looks very much like Kate to me. It's odd seeing Charles driving his family to church, I know it's not the first time he's done it by any means, but seeing it is still a bit weird.

Are you sure that is Catherine? I don't think it is Eugenie since she was at church with everyone else. Where was this taken? Could it be staff?

Last edited:
Thanks for the information!
I'd assumed William and Kate spent the Easter with Kate's family, however it is a pleasant surprise to know they instead opted to spend it with Charles and Camilla (and possibly, Camilla's family).

Same here - pleasant surprise. Also very cool to see Charles driving. I know the King of Sweden drives regularly. Its nice to see.

Last edited:
Apparently so and we do know they (well alteast Charles I assume)spent Saturday at Camilla's house in Wiltshire with her children. Tom wrote about it in his blog on the dailymail

Here's another article about how they spent Easter
How Kate Middleton and Prince William Celebrated Easter - UsMagazine.com

Here's Tom's blog published on the 7th
Why Easter Sunday is the greatest festival of all (and an excuse for a damned good lunch!) | Mail Online

Actually, Tom only suggests that he is at his mothers house in Wiltshire (Raymill). My guess is that C&C spent the Easter weekend at Birkhall with Wills & Kate, whilst Tom and other members of the PB clan were at Ray Mill. He talks about an age range of up to 72 - could that be Andrew PB?

I would have thought they would have been staying at Birkhall on the Balmoral Estate which is Charles' base there. And I can't see where it says in the article by Tom Parker-Bowles that his mother is going to be there - have I missed it?

I would have thought they would have been staying at Birkhall on the Balmoral Estate which is Charles' base there. And I can't see where it says in the article by Tom Parker-Bowles that his mother is going to be there - have I missed it?

It doesn't say that Camilla would be there. Rather Tom PB wrote in his weekly food column that he was writing it at ' his mother's house' ( which we assume to be Raymill since that's the base Tom and Laura have in the country). He also writes that he was making lunch for 20 people aged from 2 to 72. ( Using some assumptions again, Andrew PB is 72 and Tom's son and twin nephews are 2 years old.

Anyone know when William is going back to work?

Anyone know when William is going back to work?

I've read that it is today (Tuesday 10th) but having a senior blonde moment cos I cant remember where. ;)

Also read that they are doing 2 or 3 events together towards the end of the month.

Thank you Charlotte for the info egarding TPB

Last edited:
I've read that it is today (Tuesday 10th) but having a senior blonde moment cos I cant remember where. ;)

You read it here - because I just read it, too. On one of these threads. :D

:previous: Good job someone knows what's going on - thank-you :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom