The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Prince William and Catherine to make three public appearances
Prince William and Catherine to make three public appearances

Quote:
On Wednesday (25.04.12), they will join around 100 children for the premiere of documentary film 'African Cats'
Quote:
Thursday (26.04.12) they will attend a reception celebrating two Army teams who recreated the famous race to the South Pole by adventurers Scott and Amundsen.

Later that evening the royals will be at the Imperial War Museum to launch a fund-raising campaign to create new galleries displaying exhibits on the First World War in time for the centenary of the outbreak of the conflict in 1914.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will present prizes at the final day of the Badminton Horse Trials on May 7.

Info from the Express

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Aristocracy

wonderfull can not wait to see some new photos of the lovest couple in the world
Old 04-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Exciting news this morning. Happy to see more and more public appearances are slowly being announced.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Courtier

Can't wait to see pics of them. They are a nice couple!
Old 04-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
First Wedding Anniversary of the Dukes of Cambridge
Primer aniversario de boda de los duques de Cambridge

Google Google Translate
Old 04-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

What lovely photos - thanks for the link.
I guess it is only a remote possibility of a new official pic to be released to celebrate the first anniversary - is there any precedent for this?
Old 04-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will present prizes at the final day of the Badminton Horse Trials on May 7.

Info from the Express
Thank you for the information . It'll be nice to see them out and about as a couple.

Very lovely pictures. Can't believe it's almost a year since the wedding. Time does indeed fly.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm really looking forward to see them out together again, thank you for the links.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Low-key first wedding anniversary for William and Kate
Low-key first wedding anniversary for William and Kate | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com

Quote:
private affair: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge plan low-key anniversary after week of public engagements
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...te-affair.html
Old 04-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm looking forward to seeing these two again tomorrow, it's seemed like ages since they were out and about. I'm sure Kate has a fancy gown picked out and ready to go. I'm hoping for a bold colour given it's spring.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Serene Highness

Wow I really wonder what they are going to do for their anniversary and I'm wondering what she will receive as a gift. Do you suppose William will give her something that belonged to his mom? Can't wait to find out. :)
Old 04-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I hope not. I hope William gives Kate something new, something that will belong to her only and not be "previously belonged to" item, like the engagement ring.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

And I hope it's not paper.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:22 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Unless it's a poem dedicated to his darling wife!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Wrapped around a lovely jewel!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

I hope not. I hope William gives Kate something new, something that will belong to her only and not be "previously belonged to" item, like the engagement ring.
I'm with you. I think Catherine deserves to have things that are her own, especially as wedding anniversary gifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

Unless it's a poem dedicated to his darling wife!
Aw, that would be very sweet and romantic. I hope he's able to pen a verse or two for this lovely occasion .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Wrapped around a lovely jewel!
Oh, now you hit the nail on the head . A romantic poem, written by William, with a nice, simple, elegant, and new piece of jewelry. A perfect anniversary gift indeed.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:58 AM
Heir Apparent

So no word from my contacts yet on times but I didn't find out till late last night so we've still got time. The 2 appearances are receptions so I'm not sure if it would be afternoon or evening.

So I thought I'd post this. Credit to WHAT KATE WORE (via a-royal-love-affair)(via dukewilliamandduchesskate)

Quote:

Saturday, June 2, Epsom Derby: The annual event takes on special significance this year, the Queen has reportedly said she would like a full house for the event

Sunday, June 3, Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant. While there has not yet been a formal announcement of William and Kate’s participation in this function, I would be surprised if they are not in attendance.

Monday, June 4, Diamond Jubilee Concert: Again, no formal announcement, but I am sure we will see the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at some point in the day.

Tuesday, June 5, Diamond Jubilee Events: Her Majesty, Prince Philip and all of the royals are expected for the National Service of Thanksgiving at St. Paul’s, official luncheon, carriage procession and balcony appearance for a flyover on the 5th.

Saturday, June 16: Trooping the Colour (thank you to WKW Facebook friend Trisha for reminding me about this function)

Thursday, July 26: Olympic Flame at Buckingham Palace. Kate, William, and Harry will watch three torchbearers carry the torch through the Palace grounds. The Olympic Games officially launch the next day, I imagine we’ll also see the couple at other Olympic events, probably those Opening Ceremonies as well as the Closing Ceremonies.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
So no word from my contacts yet on times but I didn't find out till late last night so we've still got time. The 2 appearances are receptions so I'm not sure if it would be afternoon or evening.

So I thought I'd post this. Credit to WHAT KATE WORE (via a-royal-love-affair)(via dukewilliamandduchesskate)
Your contributions here are invaluable . Thank you for sharing this information with us.

I'm so glad to see that William and Catherine will be taking a relatively big part in the Jubilee celebrations. It's a very significant even for the entire nation and Commonwealth (as well as the Royal Family of course), and it would have been a huge shame if they were cooped up at home in Wales. I know that people expressed concerns that with the presence of the Cambridges, attention may be taken away from Her Majesty, but somehow I feel that it may not happen. People and press know who is being celebrated, and it would be quite rude to concentrate on William and Catherine the whole time. Also, I have a feeling that Catherine will try to dress as simply as possible, and stay in the background, to make sure that attention is given where it is due. We saw her behavior when she was out with Her Majesty and Duke of Edinburgh (as well as with Her Majesty and the Duchess of Cornwall), and on all three occasions, Catherine hung in the back. I doubt highly she'll chose the Jubilee Weekend to stick out.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I just got confirmation from Robert Jobson that the two engagements will take place once again at night so I'd say round the same time as yesterday...if I hear more I will post asap.

Quote:
Robert Jobson ‏ @theroyaleditor #royal Will & Kate will meet 2 teams of soldiers who marched through frozen wastes for the challenge in aid of the Royal British Legion.
Later Will & Kate will launch Imperial War Museum campaign to create new First World War galleries for centenary of conflict in 2014.
#royal Will & Kate out again tonight - meeting intrepid servicemen who recreated the famous Scott-Amundsen race to the South Pole.
I had 2 cups of coffee so I'll be up for a while incase anything more comes in. Oh and I'll be here for the next 3-4 months of appearances. As long as I have my coffee I'll be here as alert and awake as possible.

Closed Thread