Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: April-September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince William and Catherine to make three public appearances
Prince William and Catherine to make three public appearances

On Wednesday (25.04.12), they will join around 100 children for the premiere of documentary film 'African Cats'

Thursday (26.04.12) they will attend a reception celebrating two Army teams who recreated the famous race to the South Pole by adventurers Scott and Amundsen.

Later that evening the royals will be at the Imperial War Museum to launch a fund-raising campaign to create new galleries displaying exhibits on the First World War in time for the centenary of the outbreak of the conflict in 1914.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will present prizes at the final day of the Badminton Horse Trials on May 7.

Info from the Express

wonderfull can not wait to see some new photos of the lovest couple in the world

Exciting news this morning. Happy to see more and more public appearances are slowly being announced.

What lovely photos - thanks for the link.
I guess it is only a remote possibility of a new official pic to be released to celebrate the first anniversary - is there any precedent for this?

I'm really looking forward to see them out together again, thank you for the links.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to seeing these two again tomorrow, it's seemed like ages since they were out and about. I'm sure Kate has a fancy gown picked out and ready to go. I'm hoping for a bold colour given it's spring.

Wow I really wonder what they are going to do for their anniversary and I'm wondering what she will receive as a gift. Do you suppose William will give her something that belonged to his mom? Can't wait to find out. :)

:previous:
I hope not. I hope William gives Kate something new, something that will belong to her only and not be "previously belonged to" item, like the engagement ring.

Unless it's a poem dedicated to his darling wife! ;)

Last edited:
I hope not. I hope William gives Kate something new, something that will belong to her only and not be "previously belonged to" item, like the engagement ring.

I'm with you. I think Catherine deserves to have things that are her own, especially as wedding anniversary gifts.

Unless it's a poem dedicated to his darling wife! ;)

Aw, that would be very sweet and romantic. I hope he's able to pen a verse or two for this lovely occasion :wub: :D.

:previous:Wrapped around a lovely jewel!;)

Oh, now you hit the nail on the head :lol:. A romantic poem, written by William, with a nice, simple, elegant, and new piece of jewelry. A perfect anniversary gift indeed.

So no word from my contacts yet on times but I didn't find out till late last night so we've still got time. The 2 appearances are receptions so I'm not sure if it would be afternoon or evening.

So I thought I'd post this. Credit to WHAT KATE WORE (via a-royal-love-affair)(via dukewilliamandduchesskate)

Saturday, June 2, Epsom Derby: The annual event takes on special significance this year, the Queen has reportedly said she would like a full house for the event

Sunday, June 3, Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant. While there has not yet been a formal announcement of William and Kate’s participation in this function, I would be surprised if they are not in attendance.

Monday, June 4, Diamond Jubilee Concert: Again, no formal announcement, but I am sure we will see the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at some point in the day.

Tuesday, June 5, Diamond Jubilee Events: Her Majesty, Prince Philip and all of the royals are expected for the National Service of Thanksgiving at St. Paul’s, official luncheon, carriage procession and balcony appearance for a flyover on the 5th.

Saturday, June 16: Trooping the Colour (thank you to WKW Facebook friend Trisha for reminding me about this function)

Thursday, July 26: Olympic Flame at Buckingham Palace. Kate, William, and Harry will watch three torchbearers carry the torch through the Palace grounds. The Olympic Games officially launch the next day, I imagine we’ll also see the couple at other Olympic events, probably those Opening Ceremonies as well as the Closing Ceremonies.

Last edited:
So no word from my contacts yet on times but I didn't find out till late last night so we've still got time. The 2 appearances are receptions so I'm not sure if it would be afternoon or evening.

So I thought I'd post this. Credit to WHAT KATE WORE (via a-royal-love-affair)(via dukewilliamandduchesskate)

Your contributions here are invaluable :flowers:. Thank you for sharing this information with us.

I'm so glad to see that William and Catherine will be taking a relatively big part in the Jubilee celebrations. It's a very significant even for the entire nation and Commonwealth (as well as the Royal Family of course), and it would have been a huge shame if they were cooped up at home in Wales. I know that people expressed concerns that with the presence of the Cambridges, attention may be taken away from Her Majesty, but somehow I feel that it may not happen. People and press know who is being celebrated, and it would be quite rude to concentrate on William and Catherine the whole time. Also, I have a feeling that Catherine will try to dress as simply as possible, and stay in the background, to make sure that attention is given where it is due. We saw her behavior when she was out with Her Majesty and Duke of Edinburgh (as well as with Her Majesty and the Duchess of Cornwall), and on all three occasions, Catherine hung in the back. I doubt highly she'll chose the Jubilee Weekend to stick out.

I just got confirmation from Robert Jobson that the two engagements will take place once again at night so I'd say round the same time as yesterday...if I hear more I will post asap.

Robert Jobson ‏ @theroyaleditor #royal Will & Kate will meet 2 teams of soldiers who marched through frozen wastes for the challenge in aid of the Royal British Legion.
Later Will & Kate will launch Imperial War Museum campaign to create new First World War galleries for centenary of conflict in 2014.
#royal Will & Kate out again tonight - meeting intrepid servicemen who recreated the famous Scott-Amundsen race to the South Pole.
I had 2 cups of coffee so I'll be up for a while incase anything more comes in. Oh and I'll be here for the next 3-4 months of appearances. As long as I have my coffee I'll be here as alert and awake as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: ada
OK fresh post because this is SOOOOO cute!!!!
Prince William proud of popular Catherine - Monsters and Critics
per Lady Elizabeth Anson

Also from her:
'It was madness': Queen's reaction to Kate and William's wedding is revealed - Princess Diana Remembered

I'm hearing the first one is late afternoon/early evening and the second a bit later on in the evening that's what I'm being told right now.

I had yet to see this picture from the Duke and Duchess watching or getting ready to watch the film yesterday
http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagen...g-cats-premiere/0-37-199/kate-william7--z.jpg

I have a terrible headache and another early morning for me tomorrow so off to bed see you all tomorrow!

Last edited:
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter Everyone loves a baby, don't they? Prince William and Kate doted over a three-week-old today.
A pic of the event mentioned above:
And another:
#royal #Kate #William also gets some practice in with a little one - they'll get tongues wagging!!! http://pic.twitter.com/fO3tCmKl
Also:
https://twitter.com/#!/RoyalKateDebate
Kate Debate ‏ @RoyalKateDebate Will and Kate baby vid is coming soon, as confirmed by @MaxFosterCNN (thank you!)
WhatKateWore.com ‏ @WhatKateWore Duchess of Cambridge in navy past season Rebecca Taylor tweed separates
Duchess of Cambridge: William and I really might run the London marathon - Evening Standard http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifes...-i-really-might-run-the-marathon-7681855.html
Kate Middleton Wears Patriotic Poppy Brooch at Charity Event : People.com
georgina brewer ‏ @Georginaitv #Kate and #William paid visit to James Bond HQ MI6 this morning before their engagements today
Pic from Wills speech
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m33aw0hJwP1r7ym57o1_500.jpg

no vid yet I'm afraid. again untagged pics at zimbio and daylife. I'll post links later going back to bed. sorry I'm late on updates slept in.

Last edited:
When does the couples second event today start?

I have heard next to nothing about the 2nd event so far, I will let you know when I do lol if I'm still awake

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom