The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Courtier

IMHO nothing can be counted as 'holiday' as long as your on show - in front of people and cameras ... You always have to be very much in controll - otherwise the camera snaps you in an unfortunate moment.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
IMHO nothing can be counted as 'holiday' as long as your on show - in front of people and cameras ... You always have to be very much in controll - otherwise the camera snaps you in an unfortunate moment.
I agree, if every moment of your day is planned out you are not on holiday you are definitely at work no matter how exotic the location.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, members of the royal family are very hard workers. Even on the days you don't see them out and about on official engagements, they are doing a great deal of things behind the scenes. I just think it's great that William & Catherine got a chance to get away and relax before they head off on this tour.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Aristocracy

We tend to think about royals as lucky people, but in reality they have very stressful life, still under pressure. Believe me, it is not so hard to "go crazy" in this "world"
Old 09-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Courtier

British Royals@britishroyals
William & Kate are in London. Many Kate sightings today (via @Caitlin5670 & @Heather84A). French holiday, if true, would've lasted 3 days.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Courtier

WhatKateWore.com@WhatKateWore
Here's a pic of the Jack Wills 'Debarn' blouse Kate is said to have bought (£79/$98) cc: @JWBrighton @PollyNorris http://pic.twitter.com/guTeZorK
Old 09-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana
Another vacation? I thought this was going to be a vacation, since they mention another honeymoon at a desert island. It looks like they never have enough, don´t they?

A paradise for Kate Middleton: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to tour exotic East | Mail Online

Harry may do stupid things but a least he has a job, a real one, as a soldier.
Can you please enlighten us, what would be seen as 'work' in your eyes in regards to this couple? In your opinion, nothing they do is good enough, so I'm very curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanRoyal
Good to see William and Kate take a long weekend getaway. Building and keeping a strong relationship will stand them in good stead in the lifetime of service they will both be giving.
Oh, absolutely. In their type of lifestyle, it's easy to drift apart and get lost. They're extremely smart to find time to come together as a couple and reconnect, especially before the tour, which is bound to be draining and exhausting.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Although, lets not leave out the fun.

The royals work very hard by serving the people and flying the flag for Queen & Country but they also have some fun while on the job too. They often walk away with big smiles on their faces after meeting new people, hearing about their daily lives, learning about extraordinary businesses and organizations they have founded and built. All the nice and talented children they get to meet and the activities they often participate in. Members of the royal family often walk away from their official engagements with wonderful memories.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Although, lets not leave out the fun.

The royals work very hard by serving the people and flying the flag for Queen & Country but they also have some fun while on the job too. They often walk away with big smiles on their faces after meeting new people, hearing about their daily lives, learning about extraordinary businesses and organizations they have founded and built. All the nice and talented children they get to meet and the activities they often participate in. Members of the royal family often walk away from their official engagements with wonderful memories.
But who said work and fun are opposites? A lot of people I know only work because of the fun they have on doing so. And why not? IMHO these are the truly lucky people.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

So William does his piloting job and then on his days off does his royal job? Now I see why he takes so many vacays, he doesn't seem to get a real day off unless he is out of the country. Kate is his wife and he definitely isn't going w/o her.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kataryn, that is what I have been trying to point out. The royals work hard but they have fun at the sametime.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Majesty

The Cambridges' upcoming tour is going to be work. They'll be representing The Queen during her Jubilee Year. I don't think it's unusual for members of the RF to take a break after a foreign tour.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Nobility

Well, royals think royal tours are "exhausting".

Harry embarked on his Jubilee tour earlier this year - and he has been quoted as saying:
Quote:
"I'm absolutely exhausted but the warmth of the reception that we've received from every single country that we've been to - including Brazil - has been utterly amazing."
Source: BBC News - Prince Harry 'choked up' by Commonwealth Jubilee tour
Old 09-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Serene Highness

I have to agree. I know some may think this is a holiday but I dont think so. This is going to be work for them. They are visiting on behalf of the Queen as head of the commonwealth. They are representing her in every way. This has nothing to do with a honeymoon or a pleasure get away. They have a full schedule with tons to do. I would be exhausted.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Can you please enlighten us, what would be seen as 'work' in your eyes in regards to this couple? In your opinion, nothing they do is good enough, so I'm very curious.

Daria, why don´t you just take a look at the Maxima Current events? I´m sure you will find out what a princess "job" is there, better than I can tell. She does different engagements every day, sometimes more than one. You will find the difference astonishing. They are both married to the heir, and she´s been doing this for a decade, in another language, in another country. KM is running out excuses.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana

Daria, why don´t you just take a look at the Maxima Current events? I´m sure you will find out what a princess "job" is there, better than I can tell. She does different engagements every day, sometimes more than one. You will find the difference astonishing. They are both married to the heir, and she´s been doing this for a decade, in another language, in another country. KM is running out excuses.
No, the DoC is the wife of the heir TO THE HEIR. It is a big difference at this point with two generations ahead of William.

Also, if you look back to Maxima's first few years as P of Oranje, I don't think her schedule was as busy as it is now. She was eased into her role as Catherine has been into hers.

Anything else?
Old 09-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Aristocracy

What part of Prince William is not the heir to the throne atm do you not understand? Of course Maxima is busy she is Crown Princess. Your dislike of Catherine is obvious and nothing she does can make her right. You love comparing apples to oranges do you not? If HM THE QUEEN of ENGLAND thought she should be doing more with her Grandson I am sure she would let them Know. She isn't Kate Middleton anymore either.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:43 PM
Gentry

When is Kate Middleton going to do some charity work?
Old 09-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness is sweet
When is Kate Middleton going to do some charity work?
First, her title is the Duchess of Cambridge.

Second, by perusing past posts in this thread, one can see that she has been participating in lots of charity events as official patron, notably in the arts and the Scouts.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post

Maxima is the Crownprincess of Holland (since 10 years!!) and will be the next Queen of Holland - maybe in the near future!! But Catherine is only a Duchess and only since 2 years!! They have very different roles in their royal engagements, you should not compare it. I think, they make enough and good work for the royalhouse, when they will be once time the crownprince and crownprincess, they will have more to do...

Closed Thread