The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 01:53 AM
Majesty

More waxworks of the Cambridges are popping up; this time in Berlin. I have to say, these are absolutely hideous . To me, a great deal of waxworks just creep me out, but these make want to lock my doors and keep the lights on.

Time for tea with Wills and Kate? Just don't expect a conversation... waxworks of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge go on display in Berlin | Mail Online

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:47 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Absolutely horrible. William and Kate look like they've had a Twilight makeover: that's probably how they'd look if they turned into vampires!

Old 08-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia

Absolutely horrible. William and Kate look like they've had a Twilight makeover: that's probably how they'd look if they turned into vampires!
great comparison. Whoever made these was most likely looking at the wrong pictures for inspiration.

Old 08-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Serene Highness

Well what can I say? Nice try? Good attempt? Hmmm. A little better effort might have worked. Oh well. William looks ghastly by the way, not a very flattering image of him.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate's looks good, I actually like the hair on the wax figure better. It is longer and darker. Does William have pale eyebrows that are almost non existent?
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-27-2012, 03:26 AM
Heir Apparent

So I can't post this in the Paralympics thread since it's locked so I'll post this here
Quote:
THE Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will once again fly the flag for Great Britain as they accompany the Queen to Wednesday night’s glittering Paralympics opening ceremony, it emerged yesterday.
Sporty Kate to lead Royal team at Paralympics | UK News | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express
Old 08-27-2012, 09:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
So I can't post this in the Paralympics thread since it's locked so I'll post this here

Sporty Kate to lead Royal team at Paralympics | UK News | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express

So glad to see them again!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554

Anne is to accompany her mother seeing as Philip is resting, Edward and Sophie are going as well. Harry isn't attending the opening as he'll be working.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

William and Kate are going to the Paralympics?! But certain posters on this website were so sure that they wouldn't go because disabled people aren't 'glamorous' enough for them.

I'm sure said posters will post their apologies and acknowledgements that they got things wrong as soon as they possibly can. Not.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
William and Kate are going to the Paralympics?! But certain posters on this website were so sure that they wouldn't go because disabled people aren't 'glamorous' enough for them.

I'm sure said posters will post their apologies and acknowledgements that they got things wrong as soon as they possibly can. Not.

TBH I don't think I've read anywhere on these threads where the Cambridges wouldn't go to the Paralympics because disabled athletes aren't "glamorous" or anything near that kind of statement. Perhaps I missed them?

To my knowledge, when it was announced, it was announced that William, Kate and Harry would be ambassadors for Team GB for both the Olympics and the Paralympics games. I never saw any question of them attending other than work commitments or such.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi

TBH I don't think I've read anywhere on these threads where the Cambridges wouldn't go to the Paralympics because disabled athletes aren't "glamorous" or anything near that kind of statement. Perhaps I missed them?

To my knowledge, when it was announced, it was announced that William, Kate and Harry would be ambassadors for Team GB for both the Olympics and the Paralympics games. I never saw any question of them attending other than work commitments or such.
I never read anything about the attending the Paralympics games, I assumed William would be at work and Catherine would be at home.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I never read anything about the attending the Paralympics games, I assumed William would be at work and Catherine would be at home.
Y'know, I went back and found the article when it was announced and all it did say was that Wills and Kate would be ambassadors for Team GB for the Olympics and the Paralympics. Harry was only mentioned for the Olympics. Nothing really about them attending the Paralympics. I just kind of assumed that as ambassadors, they would be.

Now I'm wondering if there will be anywhere that the Paralympic opening, closing ceremonies and the games themselves will be televised anywhere in the US. I'd really like to see them.

Prince William and Kate Middleton to be Olympic Ambassadors - Royal Wedding | Prince William | Kate Middleton | Prince Harry | Pippa

Edited to add: Kind of answering my own question

This year's Paralympics are expected to draw their largest ever live television audience - except in the United States, where events will receive only minimal coverage and won't be screened as they happen, prompting anger from some fans and campaigners.

While viewers in countries including Brazil, China, Britain and Australia will enjoy several hours of coverage per day, U.S. audiences must contend with 5 1/2 hours of programming - some of which will air only after the 11-day competition in London has concluded on Sept. 9.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mor...#ixzz24l66EswM
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness

Well thats just wrong. There is no reason why it should not be televised in the U.S. I know there are plenty of people who would love to watch.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Well thats just wrong. There is no reason why it should not be televised in the U.S. I know there are plenty of people who would love to watch.
I'm definitely one that wants to watch.
― John Lennon
Old 08-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi

I'm definitely one that wants to watch.
This says you have a dedicated YouTube channel and NBCuniversal, http://www.teamusa.org/US-Paralympic...pic-Games.aspx
Old 08-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
This says you have a dedicated YouTube channel and NBCuniversal, USOC announces expanded coverage for London 2012 Paralympic Games
Awesome! Got the channel bookmarked and ready to go! Thanks!
― John Lennon
Old 08-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I think CTV is airing the Paralympics if I'm not mistaken. Will be great to have something to watch. I've been so bored in terms on tv since the Olympics ended
Old 08-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Majesty

saying that william and kate won't go to the paralympics because they aren't glamorous enough for them is such a dumb thing to think. they are both ambassadors to the olympics AND paralympics, and i expect them to be cheering on the paralympics as much as they did during the olympics. i have no doubt they will. if anything, paralympic athletes are even more glamourous and a true example of taking on a challenge, even more so than olympians. it's just harder to put yourself together after disease and pain and achieve excellence with a disability.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554

I was excited to see this on my twitter feed this morning. Always nice to see more of this couple. And since they're Ambassadors for Team GB, it's only fitting that they attend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen

This says you have a dedicated YouTube channel and NBCuniversal, http://www.teamusa.org/US-Paralympic...pic-Games.aspx
Thank you for the link .

Old 08-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

GB always do really well at Paralympics. They generally finish second in the medals table, and are hoping for over 100 medals this time. It's odd that Paralympic sport seems to have such a low profile in the US.

Closed Thread