The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Doesn't look new, looks like the military style outfit warn for the Irish Guards parade last year.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought so too Lumutqueen but on 2nd throughts it looks like a jacket and skirt; no hat; wrong shoes and William is not in uniform. The army regiment is special air service and not the Irish Guards.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought the same too but like cepe said where's the hat and the shoes are wrong and Wills isn't in his uniform.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

No I meant the outfit looks like the one worn at the parade, not the picture itself. I have no idea where it's from,
Old 07-28-2012, 01:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Found where it's from well kinda the picture originated from this person on twitter
Quote:
susan hepworth ‏@susanhepworth1
i met the stunning duchess of cambridge. she chatted to me and stroked my dog, it’s true folks. william was there 2 but chatted 2 some lads.
susan hepworth ‏@susanhepworth1
william pointing us out to kate just before she spoke to me. on the hand she stroked him with was dianna’s ring :) Twitter / susanhepworth1: william pointing us out to ...
Old 07-28-2012, 02:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Found where it's from well kinda the picture originated from this person on twitter
That's not a dog, that's a bear . Was the woman referring to the guy next to Kate as 'William'? If the picture is indeed from the engagement with the Irish Guards this past March, then William was in the Falklands. Interesting. Very interesting.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it was thought to be the Irish guards engagement on British Forces day from 2011 when William went and Catherine wore a navy dress and hat. But I think we now realise that it wasn't that engagement.

The Irish Guards event this March was for the distribution of shamrock - a different event

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-28-2012, 08:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quite sometime ago, the Duke and Duchess went to a private Military Family outing in Wales...only a couple of cell phone photos ever emerged. This picture looks similar to the others.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Could it be from this day?
http://i50.tinypic.com/35kv7lw.jpg

It's the only photo I have in which I have no specific event linked to it.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Aristocracy

Looks like the same setting, clothes, etc...I think you found it! Now, do you know the date?
Old 07-28-2012, 11:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammaSueSue View Post
Looks like the same setting, clothes, etc...I think you found it! Now, do you know the date?
I remember seeing it sometime last August. Don't remember the exact date though.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Heir Apparent

The date which I saved it is August 6th 2011 I'm pretty sure I saved it the same day it leaked or least a day or so afterwards
Old 07-29-2012, 02:49 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Could it be from this day?
http://i50.tinypic.com/35kv7lw.jpg

It's the only photo I have in which I have no specific event linked to it.
Very Lovely photo , the couple looks so Nice , Thanks for sharing
Old 07-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Serene Highness

I hope this works (my first time trying to attach a photo). Anyways, I loved this picture. The whole family looked really happy watching Zara today, but this picture struck me as a genuine moment between these two.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120730_194406.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	286187  
Old 07-30-2012, 09:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
I hope this works (my first time trying to attach a photo). Anyways, I loved this picture. The whole family looked really happy watching Zara today, but this picture struck me as a genuine moment between these two.
That is a lovely photo. There is a bigger one floating around (I have no idea how to attach pictures) that shows they are holding hands. Very cute. They seem very relaxed and happy.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
That is a lovely photo. There is a bigger one floating around (I have no idea how to attach pictures) that shows they are holding hands. Very cute. They seem very relaxed and happy.

I've never doubted they have a close/comfortable relationship. They almost always look this way when they are out together. I don't see either of them being willing to 'fake it' for the sake of the Monarchy...not after what happened with Charles and Diana.

LaRae
Old 07-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I've never doubted they have a close/comfortable relationship. They almost always look this way when they are out together. I don't see either of them being willing to 'fake it' for the sake of the Monarchy...not after what happened with Charles and Diana.

LaRae
I agree.

I think personality-wise neither are prone to overt displays of affection. IMHO that does not mean the affection isn't there, they just don't feel a need to demonstrate it to the world.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I agree.

I think personality-wise neither are prone to overt displays of affection. IMHO that does not mean the affection isn't there, they just don't feel a need to demonstrate it to the world.
I can relate...I'm not famous therefore don't have to worry about cameras catching my every move and then analyzing it.... my husband and I have never been into public displays it's just not our thing, private things should be kept private.

LaRae
Old 07-31-2012, 12:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I love the picture. They look very happy and in love .

Quote:

LaRae
Completely agree.

Quote:
I agree.

You're absolutely correct. I think William is a very reserved person, especially in front of press/cameras, but that doesn't mean he's that way at home. I'm a firm believer in 'less is more', and their glances and other small gestures say a lot more than a passionate kiss.

Quote:
I can relate...I'm not famous therefore don't have to worry about cameras catching my every move and then analyzing it.... my husband and I have never been into public displays it's just not our thing, private things should be kept private.

LaRae
Completely agree. There's no need for us to see them locked in a passionate embrace. That ought to be something they can indulge in without worrying about prying eyes.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Nobility

Prince William and Kate Middleton voted one of France's favourite couples | Mail Online

Closed Thread